Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 18th, 2003, 01:25 PM
Passenger

Default kelly method

Hi can someone explain what the kelly method is . I like to see if we have been upgraded at all. we set sail on feb 16th on the destiny. we have 8a now with balconey and was wondering if we could get any better.

Thanks
Don
Sponsored Links
Old January 18th, 2003, 01:56 PM
THE HARTS

Default Re: kelly method

Don,
Go to the Carnival site. Go into the gift section you would sent to someone on-board.
Pick something out and go to checkout. It will ask you for a Booking #, you should have that, it's like Conf. #. Put that in and pick a cabin #, keep doing that til your name and info come up and that's your cabin!!!!!!!
Good Luck, It may take some time!!!!!!!!!
Old January 18th, 2003, 04:07 PM
Passenger

Default Re: kelly method

two hours and still no luck
Old January 18th, 2003, 09:09 PM
THE HARTS

Default Re: Re: kelly method

Keep At It!!!
I only learned about it from the web site!!! I started at the cabin we paid for and worked up!! It took me about an hour!!!
Old January 31st, 2003, 11:19 PM
cruise_0_matic

Default Re: Re: Re: kelly method

Dunno about all that...I booked with AAA, I booked a cat 8d, checked the price on travelocity.com and found that category selling for $100.00 less. called back the next day to let the TA know of ther lower rate. she advised me of a coupon in the Entertainment book, bought the book for $30 and got upgraded to cat 8I. now I am $140 ahead of the travelocity website. Had been given room numbers by my TA all along. Got a call from the TA again a couple of days later and she advised me that Carnival had upgraded me to a cat 11 suite on the rear corner of the ship, got a faxed confirmation with the room number the same day! I have booked discount internet no service on the sale of cruises before and got what I paid for. Booked with a travel agent and felt that she was WORKING for ME. got a great deal, lots of service. I'll always deal with a TA in the future for a vacation plan.
Old February 1st, 2003, 04:08 PM
NHLady

Default Headed tomy TA Monday

Just found out my cruise is now 251.00 cheaper than when I booked it 7 months ago and they are charging the same price for a 6d as they are for a 6b(my guarentee). My TA doesn't strike me a someone who is really aggressive, which I heard sometimes is needed when dealing with Carnival on upgrades/credits, but I plan on keeping on her to make sure we get some sort of compensation for the difference. When you book early to get the best price I don't think someone that books 45 days out should be getting a better price AND a better cabin.
Old February 3rd, 2003, 03:29 PM
NHLady

Default Got an upgrade and a credit

But man it was alot of work. MY TA got no where with the Carnival rep, and daid to him "My client is sitting right here I want YOU to tell her personally why you won't do anything for her. It took some time, but eventually they gave up the upgrade to 6d and 100.00. Not bad-it will pay for our Cozumel excursion.
Happy cruisin'