Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 30th, 2003, 07:50 PM
First Mate

Default Cabin in back of ship?

I am hearing bad things about the location of our cabin - Main deck, rear of ship (Sensation) Too late to worry, but what can I expect?
Sponsored Links
Old January 30th, 2003, 09:50 PM
martinimomma.

Default Re: Cabin in back of ship?

ANYONE HAVE A RESPONSE PLEASE? We too sailing with Sensation aft cabin (E-259) -- never had aft before, any problems, so if we have chance at embarkation, we can switch cabins??? THANKS, PLEASE ANSWER FOR BONNIE AND MM.
Old January 30th, 2003, 10:39 PM
Sooshie

I sailed the Fantasy and Imagination both times in cabin E190 and had no problems at all (this was on the Empress deck). In fact I will only sail mid ship or back. You won't have any problems....relax and enjoy your cruises!
Old January 31st, 2003, 08:25 PM
Tammy123

Default Re: Re: Cabin in back of ship?

What is wrong with the front of the ship? I am on the Empress Deck (E7) in a porthole room at the front.
Old January 31st, 2003, 09:12 PM
Holly Cutie

Default Re: Re: Re: Cabin in back of ship?

Sailed the front of the ship on the Conquest and had no problems at all and that was in moderate to high seas, but also this ship is bigger. Mid ship is the best supposedly but I have been on ships that were very rocky at mid ship. I have been on 12 Cruises and I say mid ship to front of the ship is the best though. The back of the ship seems to get a little sway motion at times and sometimes has slight vibrations or noises fromt he engins and the rear bow thrusters in some cases. the front of the ship also has bow thrusters and has some movement at times. But it is a ship and will move no matter if you are in front back or middle. Best spots are Mid Ship or Front of Ship, this is just info I have gathered from my 12 cruises. This may not be the same for you on yours though. Have fun!
Old February 1st, 2003, 09:11 AM
Tammy123

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Cabin in back of ship?

Thanks for the information. I'm bringing some motion meds. just in case!
Old February 1st, 2003, 10:57 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via AIM to -Rob

I have never been in a rear cabin, but we about got 1 on the pride. If you think about it, they must be nice rooms if most of the mini-suites are back there. I wouldnt worry about it. have fun!!
Old February 2nd, 2003, 04:57 AM
Cruise Maniac

There is no bad room on a cruise for me. Unless you get wet, then you have a good room.
Old May 5th, 2003, 08:26 PM
Passenger

Hi! Read your note about your location on the Sensation. We have the very back too. We sail on Thursday. How was it? Thanks!
Old May 6th, 2003, 11:23 PM
Beginner

We sailed on the Imagination and had rooms on the Riviera deck in the back of the ship. Lots of vibration and noise when we docked and we always seemed to have a slight fuel smell in our cabins. But I love the response above, as long as you don't get wet, it's a good cabin! And staying in a bad cabin is still better than being at work! :-)
Old May 7th, 2003, 02:01 PM
serene56

The Sensation was the first ship I have sailed on. We were on the main deck in the aft. The only time we felt the ship shiudder or vibrate was when we were docking or pulling out. We felt this throught out the ship just not in the back. When the ship was moving we hardly felt it at all.
Old May 12th, 2003, 07:17 PM
First Mate

WE WERE IN THE BACK OF THE BOAT ON THE VICTORY. VERY NOISY!!!!!
Old May 13th, 2003, 01:26 PM
serene56

I had an aft balcony cabin on the upper deck which ws right above a lounge and never did we hear such noise. It was very quiet back there because not many people will wander back there unless they live there. I thought it was very quiet and relaxing.