Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 15th, 2003, 12:14 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default St.Maarten - America's Cup & Golden Eagle

Has anyone done either of these tours? I hear the America's Cup is great, but is it worth the price? From what I can figure, it was $82 in Nov. 2002. Any idea how much it is now?

The Golden Eagle looked like a good second choice... is the AC hard to book?

Jenni
Sponsored Links
Old February 15th, 2003, 05:47 PM
CrzOut2Sea

Default Re: St.Maarten - America's Cup & Golden Eagle

We did the America's Cup yachts in September of 1998. It was a blast! Worth every penny. You do have to work though! Very exhilerating! We paid around $ 75 back then, so a $5 increase over 5 years isn't bad. After our sail, we asked the locals to recommend a beach. We grabbed a cab and headed to the French side of the island to Baie Rouge. Our cab driver came back later that afternoon and picked us up. He insisted that we not pay him until we were back at the ship. Turned out to be one of the best days we've ever spent.
Old February 15th, 2003, 06:35 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna
Default Re: Re: St.Maarten - America's Cup & Golden Eagle

Hi Jenni,
We too did the America's Cup in St. Maarten and would also highly recommend it! They do teach you the basic skills in racing and then you take a job, either very active or less active. It can be a lot of work, but worth it, especially if you win, which we did! Definitely worth the $.

Message Boards Moderator
Old February 15th, 2003, 07:13 PM
Denny

Default Re: St.Maarten - America's Cup & Golden Eagle

Jenni, my wife and I have done the Golden Eagle 4 times. It is great. To us well worth the price. Great sailing, snorkeling, and a blast of a party on the way back. You may want to keep in mind, the island we went to on the Eagle is a clothes optional beach. We swam and snorkeled so it didn't bother us.