Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 28th, 2003, 02:44 PM
Joe R

Default Upgrade Received

Just got word of being upgraded to a Category 11 suite. Does anyone know if this level qualifies for the priority boarding club? Also what does Cat 11 offer as to services that the lower cabins do not ?

Thank you,
Joe
Sponsored Links
Old May 28th, 2003, 03:52 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Upgrade Received

I've been hoping to get upgraded to a suite, what did you have before. I am in a 8c (balcony room now) Thanks, Marge
Old May 28th, 2003, 05:04 PM
Admiral

Cat 11, as far as I'm concerned, is the best aboard a fun ship. It's on the Verandah Deck, the highest and least populated passenger deck. It has instaneous access to outdoor decks, in addition to the private balcony. I think it has a bar, refrigerator, and a bathtub. You are very lucky. Enjoy it.

Steve

Until Enchantment.
Until Inspiration
Sensation 2/03
Old May 28th, 2003, 05:33 PM
Cruise Maniac

Joe - What ship are you on? We had a cat. 11 on the Pride. It was very nice with a large balcony, dressing room, double sink in the bathroom and a standard size bathtub with whirpool jets. All cabins on the Pride (and sister ships Legend and Spirit) have refrigerators. And yes, you are eligible to use the Skippers Club for preferred boarding. Other than that, there is no difference in service.
Old May 28th, 2003, 05:52 PM
Jasonsterling

Received an upgrade on the Conquest to a Cat. 11! It was great! Very roomy. The bathroom was the best as it had dual vanities and a jetted tub. Also there's a dressing room seperate from the bathroom. Makes it much easier when it's time to get dressed for dinner or in the mornings. I didn't use the Skipper's Club boarding though. I didn't see any indication of it. It seems like maybe you have to ask for it when checking in.

One thing- on the Conquest there were VCR's in the Cat. 11. I didn't know that before hand and took no tapes. I never saw any facilities on the ship for checking them out. So, if your Cat. 11 has a VCR you may want to bring a few favorites from home.

Have Fun!

Jason
Old May 28th, 2003, 06:13 PM
Joe R

Thank you all for the responses.

I am on the Carnival Legend. Have a Cat 11 on the Empress Deck. Leaving out of New York.

What exactly is the skippers club anyway? Do I get dinner with the Captain or something. (That would be nice)...

Joe
Old May 29th, 2003, 04:39 AM
cruznbuckeye

Default Re: Re: Upgrade Received

The Skipper's Club gives you priority boarding. Instead of waiting in line with thousands of other guests to check in, you go to a small room and they handle it there. We were able to use this once. There were about 10 people in line. It was great! Sorry, no dinner with the captain or anything else...just priority boarding.
Old May 29th, 2003, 05:07 AM
Admiral

If it's Legend, disregard my previous post. It's still a heck of an upgrade. Congrats!

Steve

Until Enchantment.
Until Inspiration
Sensation 2/03

Post Edited (05-29-03 06:57)
Old May 29th, 2003, 08:08 AM
Passenger

Wow! Congrats. We had been upgraded to a Category 11 also, but turned out someone made a mistake on us, we had 4 in our cabin and Category 11 would only accomodate 3. They did offer to give us a Category 12, but for $400.00 more we declined that stayed in an oceanview cabin and ended up with a 600.00 refund so we were happy. Hope you have a great time. I am sure the added room and having a tub is a great bonus.

L. Galloway

FANTASY
Old May 29th, 2003, 10:34 AM
Leigh

We were upgraded to an 11 on Pride. We went into the skippers club room and got to sit in comfy chairs while the nice lady checked us in - then we were sent to wait for boarding in line with everyone else. Maybe some ports do it differently? I thought we got to wait in the Skippers Club for priority boarding but that didnt happen.

Other than the convenient checking in we didnt get treated any differently. We had a great cabin steward and guessed that they probably give the suites to the best stewards. And the case of water that I checked in with our luggage made it to our cabin without being confiscated - I wondered if it was because of the suite or not. And we werent told to wait until 12:30 to go to our cabins - but everyone in the lower categories WAS told to wait.
Old May 29th, 2003, 10:40 AM
Neecy

Leigh
What catagory cabin were you in before you recieved the upgrade? Was it originally TBA?....Thanks
Old May 29th, 2003, 12:11 PM
Passenger

Sounds to me tha the skippers club is lacking frills. I will just look forward to my suite and if anything else comes along I will gladly accept.

Thats my story....
Old May 30th, 2003, 07:55 AM
Leigh

We were in an 8G before the upgrade. Actually to begin with we booked an 8A. Then the prices dropped before the final payment was due and we upgraded to the 8G for $20. They the price dropped by $500 and after my email to Bob Dickinson we got the upgrade to cat. 11. In my email I told them I wanted 9A or above because the 8H has a smaller balcony than the 8G and the 8I is on the deck directly under the pool which we didnt want because of noise.

JoeASU: you will truly enjoy the suite - even if you dont get treated any different the size and amenities in the suite are well worth it. Just having double sinks and a full tub and shower vs. the single sink and tiny shower in the other cabins is a huge perk.
Old June 1st, 2003, 12:11 AM
Passenger

hi leigh,
it was good business for mr.bob dickinson to answer your e-mail. last march we sailed the sun princess & got an upgrade to a mini-suite or better the rep.said. after i told my ta about my upgrade it was gone. she stopped taking my calls. she was on this cruise herself & swear she took the upgrade. princess never answered my letters or e-mails so i'll never sail them again & that was our 2nd.cruise on princess.
we're on the 6/6 sailing on the legend,we did the triumph & that was wonderful. the food is 100% better than the sun princess. i never knew cauliflower could be cooked so many different ways. we couldn't eat the fish on the advice of our waiter,it wasn't fresh. my husband couldn't believe i opted to go to the buffet rather than the dining room. the stabilizers didn't work so the ship really rolled, & we're boating people. one night,at mid-night, while in the buffet all the dishes came crashing down to the floor. the stabilizers were broken from the september before while in a hurricane. this ship should have been in for repairs. ofcourse, they denied all this but we had a crew member tell us. we felt like we were really being taken,they cut back because of sept.11 & it showed. the cruise lines lost a lot of money. hope it's all behind us now.
anyway,sorry to go on so long .
pepper
Old June 1st, 2003, 09:32 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Jan
Default Re: Re: Re: Upgrade Received

I know it's a longshot, but has anybody ever been upgraded from a Category 6B (inside quad)? Gee, would be nice to have a window...
Old June 1st, 2003, 09:36 AM
Passenger

Our family is currently in an 8G and would love to move to an 11. Do you have the email address for Bob Dickerson? I see the prices dropping.

Thanks
Old June 1st, 2003, 04:42 PM
Passenger

What did you do to get upgraded?