Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 3rd, 2003, 06:09 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Are there any 10/12-NYC Carnival Legend Cruisers out there?

Trying to find out if there is anyone out here cruising on the same ship. If you are let me know!!! Thanks.....

David........
Sponsored Links
Old July 6th, 2003, 07:25 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Are there any 10/12-NYC Carnival Legend Cruisers out the

hi! my husband and i are booked on the legend for the 10/12 sailing. it's our first cruise! we are counting the days.. i think the 4th of july was 100 to go!! we booked in march...what a long wait!!
theresa

Post Edited (07-06-03 07:26)
Old July 6th, 2003, 04:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Are there any 10/12-NYC Carnival Legend Cruisers out

Hi Theresa!!
Welcome aboard!!! Welcome to your first cruise!!!! My fiance and I cannot wait. I have been counting the days and I have been able to go down to the pier. If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

David...............

Post Edited (07-06-03 16:33)
Old July 9th, 2003, 10:48 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hey I am sure there are more going!!! Let yourself be known and lets get this party started!!!!

David................
Old July 12th, 2003, 02:27 PM
Passenger

hi david,
just theresa again! we must be the only 4 people on this sailing!!! any way my husband is lou. we are in our late 30's.. and have a daughter who just graduated high school!! needless to say our vacations of late have been to theme parks and such. this is the first real vacation just the 2 of us have taken since our honeymoon. we did st. thomas for that. so we are somewhat familiar with that port. the other two ought to be a hoot!! we want to go snorkeling somewhere. have you been to any of these islands before? i also think we want to do the baths in virgin gorda.
anyway, just thought i'd say hi again.. have a great day..bye for now..
theresa
Old July 12th, 2003, 09:40 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hi Theresa!! Great to hear from you!! Today makes 90 day before the great day!!
Well we are also a couple in our late 30's and we both have not ever been to these islands. I have been getting some information from the threads on line. There are more people that I know of from Cruise Critics that are sailing on the same ship but I only see them from time to time.

BTW....we are both interested in going to the baths in Virgin Gorda. I saw pictures of the Baths on the computer and they are really beautiful. Where are you coming from? We are from New York. Talk to you soon!!

David.......
Old July 13th, 2003, 06:07 AM
Passenger

david,

good morning!! still that long to go.. i feel like a kid.. i should be saying, "are we there yet?" or in this case.. " is it here yet?"

we live in northern jersey. ridgefield park.. ever heard of it? it's a small town, thats located in the middle of route 80 and route 46.we're about 10 minutes from the gw bridge. where in ny are you? the city or somewhere more upstate?

is this your first cruise or have you been on one before? we are booked for a balcony cabin off the aft of the ship, where are you and your fiance located on the ship?

it's nice to talk to someone that will be on with us.. i was a little worried that being we are going by ourselves, everyone else would be in groups.. no one to meet and mingle with!! not that it wouldn't be a good time anyway, but its nice to have this chance to become a little bit familiar with peole who are going to be on with us, before we actually get onboard!!

have a nice day, the weather seems great again today! enjoy!!
theresa
Old July 13th, 2003, 08:49 PM
Cruise Maniac

Good Evening Theresa!!

We live in Brooklyn. I have lived in Long Island most of my years and my fiance had lived in the Bronx. In Brooklyn, we are located in downtown Brooklyn called Metro Tech.
For me, this cruise will be my forth and my fiance Adrianne this will be her third. I have started cruising back in 1992 with the Carnival Carnivale and the Carnival Fantasy both to the Bahamas. Then last year, Adrianne and I went on the Carnival Victory to the Western Carribbean. Adrianne in 2001, went to Bermuda with Celebrity cruise line out of NYC. We don't have our room assignments yet since we are on a "Guarentee" booking. I can keep you posted once we do. I am also glad to be meeting you online so that we can break the ice before we go. If you like to email me-dspcentury@aol.com.
Last year, on Cruise Critics, we had 40 people together who were traveling the same time and we all meet before the cruise started and we all had a blast!!!

I will tell you that this beautiful weather is getting me to feel like that old disney commercial where the little kid could not sleep!!. Anyway, have a good day tomorrow and we will write soon.

David..........
Old July 20th, 2003, 01:10 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hey Theresa......
I see that you had taken a little vacation from your computer which is perfectly okay since the weather out there has been extremely georgeous!!! ( I call it perfect cruise weather). We are taking a vacation to North and South Carolina next week and this will get us started for the main event.

I wanted to tell you that when we sail into San Juan, I was told the best thing to do is to take a package from the ship. I have a friend who was a chef and a maitre' d on Royal Carribbean had suggested this because of the problems that are there. He said the tourist part will have no problems but if you drift off to parts not familiar, there could be problems. If you hear of anything about San Juan, let me know. All I would like to do is to experience the food there. Talk with you soon.

David.....
Old July 23rd, 2003, 12:24 PM
Passenger

hello david and adrienne,

sorry, i have been outside alot!! not too much computer time.. i run a small daycare and all this heat has me wiped out by the end of the day!! louis and i feel burnt out and can no longer wait until oct.!! we too, are getting away. only a long weekend, this weekend as a matter of fact, to pt. pleasant beach. 4 days of sun and surf ought to hold me till oct. 12!!! i'm hoping!! i hope you guys have a great time in the carolinas'!! the weather forcast for this weekend is suppose to be beautiful( mid 80's and sunny). we are going on my friends boat on saturday.. bayside probably, but that ought to be fun! i actually grew up down the jersey shore.. so now i guess cause i live up north now too, i'm considered a benny, too!! do they still use that term??

what do you mean by package??? i'm a bit slow!!!!! lol !!! like you said.. looking forward to tasting different foods, too..
as for wandering away from highly public spots... i'm not that brave... i would like to come back with fun stories.. not horror stories!!!
my sister was like accousted in jamaica on her honeymoon.. so i guess these problems are not isolated.. every island must have them..

i guess they figure us "rich" americans have some extra loot that they feel entitled to!!!
i'm the first one to give to a charity, but don't come a beggin'. i find that very bothersome.

isn't there like some rainforest tour or something there?? i thought i read it. maybe not, could have been another ship or line!! after all the research to finally book a cruise, somehow i can't seem to keep all the info straight on each cruiseline anymore.. all a big blur!!!
can you still believe no one else has answered your roll call but us!!
maybe as time draws more near!! whatever!! i'm ready to party!!

well gonna go for now. you and adrienne have a fantastic time!!
take care and have a safe trip!
theresa
Old July 30th, 2003, 02:05 PM
Passenger

hi guys!
we're back from our long, lazy weekend. spent all day saturday on a boat with friends! had a great time... now louis wants to get a boat!! he's thinking a 25- 30 footer!! god help me!!!! lol !!! boys and their toys!!!!! you know how you all are!!! like us with clothes!!!
so sunday was a beach day. sat outside jenkinsons tiki bar, and had frozen strawberry daqueries all day. that's the life!!
on monday, we drove from marina to marina looking at used boats!! went to lunch and then came back to reality up the parkway!!! just not long enough!!!
hope your vacation is going well!!
talk to you soon.

theresa
Old August 2nd, 2003, 10:15 PM
Cruise Maniac

Hey Theresa!!!!
We just back from the Carolinas and we had a blast until the end. My brother was driving back with us in our rental and got into an accident. We are all okay. We are going to to be check out by our doctors. We were glad to have great weather and enjoyed as much swimming as possible. We too can't wait for those nice cruise margaritas!!!. Well I will speak with you later!!!

David........
Old August 6th, 2003, 05:13 PM
Passenger

sooo sorry to hear of your mishap!!! i hope you all checked out okay. what a way to end your vacation!!! not funny now, but i bet in 5 years it makes for a funny story!!! isn't that the way things are... so dreadful at the moment... but somehow , they become much less important, some even humorous, later on down the road!!! how time puts things into perspective for us!!! it's a good thing too.. or i'd have a huge therapy bill !!!! lol !!
so we are keeping busy looking at papers. sites online, anywhere with used boat listings. it's kind of frustrating to find one we both agree on , just to find out it's already sold!!! so we go on to the next one i guess!!! well if nothing else it is helping keep my mind occupied with something other than the 12th of oct.!!!!
i just can't wait anymore.... i am really starting to get all excited!!! i think next wed. is 60 days left!!! yeah!!!! that should fly by!!! hell, i've been waiting 6 months... what's 60 something more days!!! AN ETERNITY!!!!!!!!!
does it become less exciting, having cruised a few times already?? i hope not, cause if i enjoy myself, this could become my new form of travel. i don't love flying... i'll do it, but not with a smile!!!
keep in touch, and i hope everything worked out well for all of you!! no more accidents,alright! after all, you two may be the only other two people we'll be sailing with.. since no one else ever seems to jump on this bandwagon!!!

theresa.