Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 25th, 2003, 08:36 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Blaizze
Default How much $$ to budget?

I'm getting ready to go on a 7 day cruise to the Western Carribean (Inspiration 8/17). I'm trying to decide how much money I should budget for spending money (including shore excursions, food, shopping, etc...) Can anyone give me some advice about how much money would let me do some fun shore excursions and maybe bring home a FEW souvenirs? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Old July 25th, 2003, 08:57 PM
anita kennedy

Default Re: How much $$ to budget?

It really depends you your taste. Do you drink, like to gamble. If this is in moderation then your sign and sail for one person I would say could be $500 to be on the safe side. But realistically maybe less depends a lot on the alcohol. Figue 100 for excursions (which is one expensive one and two 50 dollars ones). then that leaves 200 for the other stuff on ship, drinking and gambling.

AS far as shopping that can really vary on if you make a jewelry purchase or anythng else as far as Tshirts carlos and charlies's seem to be 15 to 30 dollars a shirt.
There were some other shops (which I bought a few and have washed since being home and they are still together) were $5.00. I always like to plan for more rather than less. Also don't forget if you have to see the doctor that is on your sign and sail also.
So 1,000 would be really a lot and you will be happy coming home with money probably.

This is kind of crazy way to calculate but it works for me. I have heard it said on this board bring less clothes than you plan and twice the money. Happy cruising.
Old July 26th, 2003, 12:56 AM
First Mate

Here's the bill from my last two cruise with my sail and sign card

Inspiration May 26, 2002 2 adults 1400.00 7 day cruise.
Holiday March 1, 2003 2 adults and 2 teens 1200.00 5 day cruise.

ok let me start by saying I paid 1300.00 for the 7 day cruise trip and as you can see my sail and sign card was higher than the trip.

On the 5 day cruise we paid 1600.00 for 4 people and you see the total above for the sail and sign.

Ok-- none of this includes the money we spent on shopping in the ports.

The sail and sign included this, Pictures (really spent alot) Drinks ( I was the only drinker and I limit my self to 3 pina coladas a day.
shore tours (they get expensive to for more than one person)
Fountain coke cards and any items purchase from the on board shops.

I reviewed my bill over and over and seen one time where there was 6 drinks purchased on one day and even though I could only remember sticking to my 3 limit I wasn't sure if maybe I just ended up paying for someone a drink and forget. Gold that was a dollar inch and was suppose to be like 26 dollars for 26 inches turned out to be 56 dollars on the card and that was because they had other fee's added in such as the clasp yada yada yada. 7 day cruise shore tours was over 400.00 dollars, pictures over 300. Drinks and fountain cards over 300.00 and then they gift shops total. all in all make sure you have a good amount available on your credit card that you are using for you sail and sign account because the prices add up fast.

Old July 26th, 2003, 12:09 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Blaizze

Thanks so much for the advice! I'm planning on taking a little money and lots on my credit card!
Old July 26th, 2003, 01:20 PM
anita kennedy

Default Re: Re: How much $$ to budget?

that's the spirit. have fun.