Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 27th, 2003, 06:53 PM
First Mate

Default Conquest 10/12/2003

My husband and I are sailing October 12th on Conquest, we were wondering if anyone else is going? We are going to drive to New Orleans and would appreciate any information on parking at the port. I am extremly excited about this cruise because this will be the first time we booked a balcony room. We are on deck 7, towards the back of the ship. We have been to Cozumel twice, Grand Cayman and Jamaica once on past cruises, so I am not as excited about the ports of call as I am about the cabin. Any information anyone could give us is greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old July 27th, 2003, 09:13 PM
rsidoti

Default Re: Conquest 10/12/2003

Hi Anne, My wife and I will be on that cruise. We also have a balcony, forward on deck 10. We sailed on the Holiday last October and are hoping for another wonderful cruise. We parked in the garage that Carnival reccomenfed for $10 a day. There are shuttle busses to get you to and from the parking. We arived about 11:00am and went straight to the port. We unloaded and my wife waited in line while I parked. It didn't take long at all. It's about a 3 hour drive for us so we usualy drive over the night before and take our time. 76 days and counting.

Bob

Conquest 10/12/03
Holiday 10/02
Facination 02/02
Old July 28th, 2003, 07:12 PM
Beginner

We have a group of 10 going on the cruise. We live 90 miles away near Gulfport, MS and will be driving to the port Sunday morning. The price of the parking has gone up to $12 per day and the terminal parking requires CASH up front. There is other parking also available for cruisers. A map can be found at www.portno.com. We have a balcony suite on deck 7 midship port side. Can't wait to go.
Old August 1st, 2003, 08:05 PM
Cruise Maniac

We will have a group of 25 going 10/12/03. (One big famiy ) We are so excited since this will be our 5th cruise and first time for a balcony room. If any has any information regarding the excursions or anything else, please pass along.
Can't wait for October!!!!
Old August 3rd, 2003, 09:05 PM
rsidoti

Default Re: Re: Conquest 10/12/2003

Robyn, I have the shore excursion list that Carnival just sent me. It lists the prices and is broken down by port. I will e-mail it to you if you wish. 69 days and counting!

Bob
Old August 5th, 2003, 03:35 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: Re: Conquest 10/12/2003

Bob-
Could you email me a copy of the shore tours when you get a chance.
Thanks,
Anne
tabrown@myvine.com
Can't wait until October!!!!
Old August 6th, 2003, 12:41 PM
simon123

Be prepared to wait in line a LONG time for a parking space at the pier. We just returned from the Conquest this last Sunday. The pier is very unorganized. We waited over 1 1/2 hours in our car, in line, for a parking space at the pier. You pay in cash as you enter the lot, so have your cash ready. You will also go through about 7 lines once you've parked your car on your way onto the ship. Then they take that wonderful "welcome aboard" picture just before you enter the ship, after you've waited in all the lines for about 4 hours total. Maybe it won't be so bad in October. Who knows.
Old August 8th, 2003, 11:55 AM
First Mate

Bob-
When you replyed to my email about driving time, there was an error and I couldn't get the email to come up. I also tried emailing you back about this, but for some reason I am having problems with my email. I guess that is what happens when you live out in the middle of nowhere and have to use dial up. Could you please try again or just leave feedback here in this message board.

Thanks,
Anne
Old August 9th, 2003, 12:43 PM
gimper

bob could you send me the list also............thanks ken
Old August 9th, 2003, 04:08 PM
rsidoti

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Conquest 10/12/2003

I just sent it Ken.
Anne, I'll try again to respond to your e-mail.

Bob
Old August 9th, 2003, 04:42 PM
gimper

thanks bob, i got it.............on the conquest 10-12-03
Old August 10th, 2003, 04:12 PM
Passenger

We just returned from the Conquest sail date of 7/27/03. We stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn on South Peters street. Let me tell you it was the best thing we have ever done. We arrived Sat. about 6:30pm and had the valet park our car in long term parking at the hotel. $19 to valet and $10/day parking. Sunday we got up and walked over to the RiverWalk shopping mall (about four blocks away) to see the ship. We then went back to the hotel ate breakfast and had our luggage brought down. There were cabs waiting right out in front of the hotel to take us to the pier. $7/pp, $14 total and boy is it worth it. The cabs have a special lane where they can pull right to the front and drop you off. We arrived about 10am and were one of the first. Embarkation only took about 30min after we started the process. They were late boarding because of a slight problem on the returning cruise. I heard later that people arriving later in the day like two or three had to wait in line about three hours. When we arrived back in N.O. a week later we were the first luggage tag called to disembark after the VIP's and were off the ship in about five minutes. We found our luggage and had a porter take it out to a cab, which are waiting right out in front. We headed back to the hotel and got our car and were on the road home by 9:30am. This worked out great for us. The Hilton Garden Inn has great rates and the hotel is very new. Let me know if you have anymore questions. Have a great trip.

Imagination 96
Destiny 97
Holiday 99
Fascination 01
Rotterdam 02
Conquest 07/03
Conquest 02/29/04
Old August 14th, 2003, 08:45 PM
rsidoti

Default Re: Re: Conquest 10/12/2003

My wife and I are going to arrange a private tour while we are in Montego Bay. We would like know if anyone else cared to join us. We don't have a specific itinerary yet so suggestions are welcome. We have an individual in mind who comes highly recommended. Please let me know if you are interested and we can put something together that will satisfy everyone.

Bob
Old September 9th, 2003, 11:20 AM
First Mate

Talked to my travel agent yesterday, he said that the cruise is filling up fast. We are booked in a category 8B which we got at a steal. He said that a category 8C is going for $2200.00 right now, boy did we save alot of money. Can't wait to get on the ship. I keep going to different boards to read passenger reviews. On Sundays, my husband and I go to www.portno.com and click on webcams and watch the Conquest sail out of New Orleans. If you want a 360 degree tour of the ship go to www.mytravel.com. Hope to see some of you on the ship, just over a month to go now.
Old September 9th, 2003, 11:30 AM
Rob M

We are on the conquest 11/23/03 can I get a copy of the shore excuring list? thanks
rob-mclean@houston.rr.com