Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 19th, 2003, 10:24 PM
mickstr68

Default Formal Dinning LV type shows.

I'm a first time cruiser and going to be on the Inspiration Nov 30th. I have read that there are typically 2 formal dinner nights that we want to participate in. However, when do you find out which of the nights are the official formal nights?. Are the first and last nights the formal nights or does it just depend on each individual ship.

Also, are the LV type shows on the Inspiration that are advertised worth the while or should we pass on those. We are both 30 yrs old, like to be social but not Party animals. Don't know if the shows appeal to a younger or older crowd or if it really doesn't matter.

thanks for all info!
Sponsored Links
Old August 20th, 2003, 06:18 AM
James Hubbard

Default Re: Formal Dinning LV type shows.

They will let you know what night is formal night .in tha Carnival capers. [that is like a newspaper] every day..they tell you whats going on where and when and what else at the next port. If you want to see one, let me know and I will send one, email Hannibal Jim we go in 2 days on the Triumph [fri]
Old August 20th, 2003, 06:47 AM
Rufus

Usually the formal nights are the second night on the ship and the 2nd last night on the ship. The first night everyone is too tired and still unpacking, and the very last night it's the same everyone is packing and has to put the luggage outside the door.

Make sure to look at your daily guide, on the Carnival I understand it's called the Carnival Capers. This is usually dropped off the night before when they turn down the beds, and then you can plan what you want to do the next day.

We are going on the Conquest in November and it'll be our first Carnival cruise, 8th in all, and we are still so excited about going. I know you will have a great time.
Old August 20th, 2003, 07:29 AM
Cruise Maniac

We went on the Inspiration in February - our first cruise. While I ended up with a cold 2 days into the cruise and spent a lot of time in bed sleeping, we did get to see most of the shows. I thought they were great (I'm 37 by the way). They were very entertaining, and there was a couple that were so flexible it was amazing to watch them move.

We are taking the kids this Christmas on the Triumph. I am hoping we have as good a time.

Melissa

02/13/05 Carnival Miracle
12/27/03 Carnival Triumph
02/15/03 Carnival Inspiration

Old August 20th, 2003, 11:21 AM
Admiral

As others have said, the formal nights will be announced in the Carnival Capers that you receive the night before. Typically they are the second and fifith night on a seven day but that isn't always true on all 7 day cruises because of the port schedules. It is never the first orlast night however. The shows in the main showroom are 'Vegas' type and we always go to them every night. On a 7 day cruise typically two of these evening are large shows put on by the ship with lots of dancing etc, one night will be ships company doing intoductions and or a skit. maybe a second night with ships people doing a skit, a passenger talent show, and the other nights they bring in talent from off the ship to perform. Some don't like the shows but most seem to as the show room is usually packed.
Jim