Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old October 12th, 2003, 02:54 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default main dining room dinner

we hope to cruise carnival in summer2004 with our daughters, husbands, and four grandchildren. ,their ages 5, 8, 11, nd12. everyone says make sure you do dinner everynight in the main dining room even if it means appropriate dress code of some manner. i really do feel like this should be plan to follow, instead of substitutng eating somewhere else on the ship. please give me some feedback on this subject. thanks patt y ps. everyone says just for the experience of the waiters and the special atmosphere of it even for the young kids in the group to remember.
Sponsored Links
Old October 12th, 2003, 03:14 PM
Kar06

Default Re: main dining room dinner

The only time my family hasn't eaten in the main dining room was when we went to the fancy reservations-only specialty restaurant on the Carnival Pride. (well worth the extra $25/pp if your ship has one of the specialty restaurants)

I can't imagine eating dinner in the buffet, but I guess it's pretty common. On my first cruise I was 11, and my brother was 7, and we loved the main dining room then too. It depends on your kids - can they sit every night for 1-2 hrs at a 5 course meal? If so, then the dining room is the place to be. =)
Old October 12th, 2003, 08:08 PM
Andy B.

Default Re: Re: main dining room dinner

Dinner in the dining room has been the best part of our cruises, absolutely not to be missed! However, part of the fun is visiting with tablemates, so if it's all family, you could do that just as easily on the lido deck.

The service also makes it fun, and no standing in line! All you have to do is sit there enjoying the company, while the waiters do all the work, and work they do.

Although some consider it a travesty, the dress code on Carnival is not held up to the strictest standards, so don't let that scare you. You'll see just about all levels of dress, from ultra formal to casual, even on the formal nights, and nobody's going to be looking down their noses at you if you show up in less than formal wear.

Andy
Old October 13th, 2003, 02:27 PM
jamie gunter

I think dinner in the main dining is great. They do shows and dance every night, and they love to invite the kids to join in for some of the dancing. Alot of fun, your grand kids would love it. I believe they have a special kids menu if needed also. Have a great time.
Old October 13th, 2003, 03:07 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Donna

Hi Patty,
Yes, we look forward to eating dinner in the dining room while cruising, except for some of the speciality restaurants, its great fun, good food and conversation, I' wouldn't want to miss it.

Message Boards Moderator
Old October 13th, 2003, 04:46 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Re: main dining room dinner

It's one time you can ALL try new things, and feel free to say, Nope, don't like that, bring me something else! A great way to try new food, and learn what you like and don't like!

RCL x5: Majesty of the Seas, Sovereign of the Seas, Freedom of the Seas, Liberty of the Seas, Oasis of the Seas

Celebrity x1: Century

Princess x3: Caribbean Princess x3, Dawn Princess

NCL x1: NCL Spirit
Old October 13th, 2003, 06:15 PM
Laurie J

Hi Patty, i agree with the others the dining room is great my husband and i do all three meals in the dining room the food is great!!! Just have a great time!

Lauriej