Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 3rd, 2003, 10:58 AM
ANAM

Default Luggage on pier

Hi, I was wondering if on the pier they check the luggage too, I am not sure how to lock my luggage, I live in Puerto Rico so I would go directly to the pier, what would be the best, locks or ties? Thanks for the info
Sponsored Links
Old November 3rd, 2003, 11:08 AM
Captain

Default Re: Luggage on pier

At the pier you can put locks on your luggage if you wish. If they are worried about something they will contact you and have you come to a specific area on the ship and open the luggage for them.
Old November 3rd, 2003, 12:21 PM
Admiral

Go ahead and lock your bags. You are not flying so no need to worry about the TSA rummaging around in your belongings. I recommend the plastic cable ties. They won't keep a thief out of your bags, (no lock really will), but you will know immediately if someone has been in them.
JIm

Old November 3rd, 2003, 01:28 PM
ANAM

Default Re: Re: Luggage on pier

Thanks for your help I feel more relaxed now , Thanks a bunch!!!!
Old November 5th, 2003, 07:43 PM
Cruise Maniac

Just a word about the cable ties. The strings on your luggage tags can be easily broken. Your luggage goes through a lot before it finally gets to you. I know because one of our tags was missing. I don't have a clue how they found out who it belonged to and delivered it to our door. I bought some flourescent colored tiny cable tags at the Dollar Tree and stuck one through the holes on each luggage tag and got rid of the strings for the debarkation. I was so glad I had those little ties with me. It worked great and no way could it come off unless it was cut off. They will give you all new luggage tags to use before you get off the ship. These tags will be a certain color and you put them on your luggage the night before you get off the ship. They pick up all your luggage outside your door on Saturday night. When they call out your color on Sunday you can begin the process of leaving the ship and looking for your luggage in the area where you luggage color is. I put a strip of red duct tape on each piece of luggage and we went straight to it when we walked in because the tape made it so easy to find.