Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old November 27th, 2003, 08:36 PM
Beginner

Default CALLING ALL PASSENGERS FOR CARNIVAL ECSTASY DEC 1-5 2003

Who else is going on this cruise?

Post Edited (11-27-03 20:42)
Sponsored Links
Old November 28th, 2003, 12:12 PM
Passenger

Default Re: CALLING ALL PASSENGERS FOR CARNIVAL ECSTASY DEC 1-5 2003

Hi Allison
Well I guess we are the only passengers on this ship...........so let's see usually 2000+ passengers with one lobster per passenger=2000 lobsters. Since your group and I are the only ones going (appoximately 10)=2000 divided by 10, that means 200 lobsters for each of us.........can you handle that?.........haha. You can do the math for the filets and the adult drinks.

The weather report is for NO rain.....Catalina is going to be 69 high and sunny with some clouds. Ensenada is to be 72 and sunny. So no problem there. Not exactly beach weather.
The topless bathing area with 69 degree temp.........that will be .....interesting.....lol.

Have you planned any tours in either Catalina or Ensenda? Any suggestions?

Do you think that maybe people are just to shy to post a message here? Maybe we should just set up a place onboard to have any and all Cruisesmates meet for a drink if they would like to? What do you think?

Kent
drkw28@hotmail.com
Old November 28th, 2003, 06:25 PM
Beginner

I'm Full of INFO for this post Kent!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think they are shy!!!!!!!!!! Hey if your buying sure I will take a drink... No I am not going to be drinking much on this cruise. I did it good on the 4th of July and I don't plan to ruin the cruise. I had to spend money that I was saving for the cruise for new frames for my glasses. They HAD to break today. Insurance wouldn't cover it to have it replaced today so that had to come out of my money for the cruise. Not sure what we are all planning to do in Catalina. I just want to relax and see some of the shops.
As far as Ensanada, I plan to do a little shopping for my nieces, If I find anything worthwhile there that I like I will get.

I wouldn't mind meeting up with you Kent, let me know. I will have people with me so if you don't mind that, I'd be glad too. (We have around 30 people going.)

I went to a few websites and saw some pricing on things there, seem to be okay. If I can arrange a horseback tour of the area I plan to do that. Then plan to get back on the ship. I don't want to be out to dang late in Mexico, trouble will find me after dark.
I'm really excited about it all. I am going to play most of it by ear.

I spent alot of time on the phone with Carnival to make sure I knew what was free and what we had to pay for. They get you good at the end of the cruise from what I heard from my sis-in-law's Mom, but she went to Alaska and B.C.. I know that the shower does not sound to dang big. They will show you a virtual tour of the room but why not the bathroom?????

What are your plans going to be?

Oh do not forget to have all your info filled out and they only allow on vehicle for your luggage at the peir. Thanks goodness that our friend and his wife that we are going with be taking their pick-up truck. Everyone is going to throw all of their stuff in the back of that and let them take it on down.

Also a warning for you, or a few tips should I say, if you have any meds that you need to take before you can get to your cabin carry it with you in their original bottles, Make sure you fill out the back of your ticket with all the info required, a change of clothes too. They said we wont be getting our luggage til after 5pm or so. FILL OUT THE LUGGAGE TAGS!!!!! Double check everything!!!!!!!! Should check with your medical insurance company if they cover the cost of seeing the ship doctor if you need to while you are on board. We setup one of our cell-phone for Interantional use, instead of using the phones on the ship. Carnival will charge you ALOT of money to use their phones. Even call them and see about calling cards instead of the phone on board if you are going to be planning to call people.

I will check back later on this evening to see if you have responded.

Allison ( Ali)

Post Edited (11-28-03 18:27)
Old November 29th, 2003, 04:24 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: CALLING ALL PASSENGERS FOR CARNIVAL ECSTASY DEC 1-5

Hi Allison,

Thank you for all the great tips. There is so many things to attend to concerning the cruise.
Another one is proper identification.........certified birth certificate or Passport. And of course
BRING MONEY.......haha. It is amazing how your bill does swell at the end of the cruise when you use a Cruise Line credit card.......the danger of plastic. Sorry to hear about your glasses. As far as onshore activities, I wll probably do some shopping and rent a golf cart in Catalina. In Ensenada, will take the trip to the La Bufadora (about 30 min bus ride). It is a spout that blows periodically. Is a big disappointment, but there is a whole row of shops on each side of the street to the Blow hole. The prices seem to be much better than in town.

Will write more later

kent
Old November 29th, 2003, 07:27 PM
Beginner

I wont be using the credit card for the ship. I refuse too. Thanks for the other tips. Feel like pulling out my hair though this packing. They will get you BIG TIME at the end of the cruise if you use the phone or the credit card. It happened to my sis-in-law's parents and grandparents, when they took a cruise for two week to Alaska. I got my glasses fixed. I like these better now. I'm not bringing to dang much money. I just plan to enjoy the scenery most of the time. I know I will end up going to Mexico again, maybe..... I dont know yet. I am ready to get on board. I will check tomorrow to see if you've posted anything else.

I hope you enjoy the cruise Kent. We can meet up here after the cruise and see how we both enjoyed it.

Ali
Old November 30th, 2003, 04:09 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: CALLING ALL PASSENGERS FOR CARNIVAL ECSTASY DEC 1-5

Hi Allison

Have just begun to pack.........that is not so much fun.......lol .....Let see, do I have the important things? Crown Royal, Tequila, Merlot? And. oh yes, the cruise documents.
Hey, if you and your group are not doing anything, thought we might have a drink at the
Society Bar on Monday at 4:40 pm or....... Tues at 4:30 pm if we miss each other on Monday due to say the.....fire drill?. The Society bar is on the Promenade deck towards the rear of the ship.......just before you go in to the show room. Might be fun to put a face to the Cruisemate messenger. All others reading this and are on the ship are invited also.
Hope you have an uneventful trip to the ship and a smooth embarkation. Surely there are more people than have responded here........that will mean a boat load ( pun) of food and drinks for us.

Your turn

Kent
Old November 30th, 2003, 10:55 PM
Beginner

Sounds good to me Kent. I will do my best to meet you there on both days. If I don't please don't get upset. Brother called and is making the liquor run and should be home by now. I will let you know how my experience was when we get back. Oh we called Carnival and asked if we could get off the ship Monday night in Catalina since we are going to be there anyways, they said no. Sorta takes the fun out of it. Feel like a prisoner in a sense. Weather for Catalina monday night is 59. Tuesday it will be 59--start out partly cloudy and then turn into being Sunny. Ensanada will be Sunny. Day high will be 76, night temp will be 40, that is the travelweathe site that I found. I have packed so much stuff that I have no clue what I am going to do with it all. We're bringing are cd player so we can have a little party up in our room. We just have to remember to be quiet.
Ready for it. We decided to go ahead and pack our Explorer with our luggage since it is supposed to rain on the way down there. Then go ahead and give it to Buddy to take it to the pier. I even took clothes for the evening with me so that I didn't have to wait for them if I felt like wanting to freshen up before I went out and explored "our home away from home" for the next couple of days. I hope that the crew is nice.

Have fun Kent and we just might run into each other in an unexpected place and time during the cruise, you never know. Just in case. I'm 5'3", 110, blue and blonde, with be wearing glasses. Yell "Ali", it's pronounced "Alley" at anyone who fits that description, if you get someone that responds it's me !!!!!!!!!
Old December 5th, 2003, 06:54 PM
Beginner

Hello Kent.,

Let me know how you thought the cruise went? I will check back this weekend some time to see if you have responded.

Allison
Old December 10th, 2003, 01:35 PM
Passenger

Hi Ali

Sent you and email message....did you get it?

kent