Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 17th, 2003, 08:51 PM
sprocket

Default Cabin location on Triumph and newbie questions

Hi there - I am a newbie so forgive the same old questions...
I am sailing with my recently widowed mother on the Triumph Feb 21st and we have booked a balcony cabin near the back on the upper deck. This is our first cruise and I am hearing horror stories about noise etc from below - anyone stayed in the 6400 series cabins?
Also we booked through carnival and have been assigned a room - does that mean we won't get an upgrade?
Thanks for your help..........
Sponsored Links
Old December 18th, 2003, 02:03 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Cabin location on Triumph and newbie questions

I would not worry about any noise. I have done well over a dozen CCL cruises and have never been bothered by any noise and we have stayed all over the ship. As for you booking a specific or assigned room, no you will not be upgraded unless they need your specific cabin for some reason and then they will inform you and ask if you are willing to upgrade.
Jim

Old December 18th, 2003, 03:04 PM
Julia Elzie

Default Re: Re: Cabin location on Triumph and newbie questions

Hi!

Welcome to the message boards! I hope you and your mother have a wonderful cruise! It sounds like you have an excellent stateroom.

The staterooms on the front and the back of the ship are really not that bad - personally, I enjoy them on my cruises. You don't have as many people walking by your stateroom door, so your stateroom ends up feeling more private and seems much more quiet.

I would agree that it isn't likely you would get an upgrade at this point, but they might offer you something when you check in for your cruise. You might even ask if something would be available. The worst thing they can say is no, after all. You will still have a lovely stateroom with a verandah!

As a travel agent specializing in cruises, I always encourage my clients and customers to consider a guarantee stateroom. These are usually the least expensive rates, my clients almost always get nice, big upgrades. I can only think of a very few clients in almost 10 years in the business that haven't gotten some type of upgrade. The only downside is the uncertainty because you don't know your exact stateroom until just before you leave. Also, if your stateroom assignment on the guarantee reservation is completely unacceptable to you, travel agents are able to speak with the cruise line and are often make arrangements for a new stateroom assignment for you, if at all possible.

Have a great cruise!
Julia