Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 2nd, 2004, 09:01 PM
can't wait

Default ship times and port times

OK, i am traveling on the Inspiration on Jan25th, when we are scheduled to be in port at 7:30 per the itinerary, and I have an excursion through a local tour place scheduled for 8:00, are they both central time then? Or what time zone does the ship use?

Please help. On Celebrity, they changed the ship time to local time as we sailed, is carnival the same?
Sponsored Links
Old January 2nd, 2004, 10:05 PM
spike

Default Re: ship times and port times

The ship stays on the time of the cruise departure port, through-out the cruise, so don't change your watch. If this is a ship sponsored excursion, it is scheduled to ship time. Don't worry, the tour will wait for you, and the 100's of others. If you booked it independent of the ship, you better do the math with the time zones.
Old January 2nd, 2004, 10:43 PM
can't wait

so just to help me clarify, i amnot the brightest bulb on the tree.... my ship is leaving from Tampa, which is one hour ahead of central time, so if the itinerary says we are in port at belize from 7:30 -4:30, that means in central time we are there from 6:30-3:30. Is that right?
Old January 3rd, 2004, 08:04 PM
cruisin

Default Re: Re: ship times and port times

I think that would be correct but what time zone is your port on? If it is on the same time zone as on the boat and you are on an actual 8 o clock tour I wouldn't try to make it if it's an independantly booked tour. When I was on the Imagination last month we didn't actually get to get off of the boat until 8:15 and we were suppose to be there at 7. Sometimes they have customs issues.
Old January 4th, 2004, 05:50 PM
sjbj

I am sailing on the Inspiration in February and have gone thru the same calculations. Here's my analysis:
Grand Cayman - same time as Tampa EST so port times are 7am - 3pm
Costa Maya - CST so port times are 9am - 5pm
Cozumel - CST, port times are 6am - 5pm
Belize - CST, port times are 6:30am - 3:30pm
Apparently, the Inspiration does not change the ship time and stays on EST the entire cruise.
Old January 4th, 2004, 11:02 PM
Ashkins

When I was on the Disney Magic a year ago we actually changed our clocks to match local time. The nightly paper told you to set your clock back or forward. Also as you left the ship you could sync your watches to the ship time just to make sure.

Ashkins