Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 4th, 2004, 08:03 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default What to wear to dinner?

My husband and I will be cruising 2/9/04 on Fascination. What is proper to wear to the sit down meal in the evening? No shorts or sandels right? We really only plan on dinning there once maybe twice. Thanks.

Heidi
Sponsored Links
Old January 5th, 2004, 07:48 AM
Admiral

Default Re: What to wear to dinner?

The dress for the evening in the dining room will vary. From casual (no shorts or sandals ), perhaps dockers and a polo shirt for men, to informal , perhaps a sport jacket for men, to formal , dark suit or tux for men. This will be announced in the ships newsletter the night before.
Old January 5th, 2004, 11:41 AM
Cruise Maniac

I will also be cruising on fasination 2/9/04 to key west and cpzumel what a small world and there is one formal night that you have to where a nice dress or a gown.
Old January 6th, 2004, 12:16 AM
bonie

"we only plan on dinner there once or twice" ?????

Dining in the dining room is the BEST. You get to dress up and sit down at a beautifully set table and be served a menu that offers a large variety of foods and order what you want without worrying about any prices. If you order something you don't like, don't eat it, order something else. If you order something that you really like then order another one. If you enjoy meat and seafood, then order 2 dinner dishes.

My husband and I found every dinner meal we have had cruising to be Excellent. You pay a lot to cruise, so you should enjoy the dining room. Why would you want to have a burger ? for dinner when a scrumptous entre is awaiting you ? Or why you want a buffet dinner when you can dine in a beautiful dining room.

Anyways, those are my thoughts.
Old January 6th, 2004, 04:01 PM
Cath

Hi,

Is a navy blue blazer and gray slacks acceptable for men to wear to the dress-up night?

Thanks.
Old January 6th, 2004, 08:37 PM
bonie

On a formal night men must have a jacket a tie, so yes blue blazer is fine, just add a tie.