Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 24th, 2004, 08:03 PM
Sylvia27

Default Vegetarian Food

What does Carnival offer in terms of vegetarian (not vegan) food? Are there many options? Is the food good? I'm thinking about traveling with them, but am worried about the quality/quantity of food. :-)
Thanks!

...sylvia...
Sponsored Links
Old January 24th, 2004, 08:32 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Harry Martin
Default Re: Vegetarian Food

Oh it's *very* good ... they always spotlight it on the cruise (usually under Shipshape). Lots of pasta in wonderful sauces and wonderful appetizers.

Harry

[b]Get Lei'd!
Old January 24th, 2004, 09:41 PM
Passenger

We just went on the Jan 3rd Glory cruise. Our 21 year old daughter is a vegetarian. I called Carnival before booking the trip to make sure there would be plenty of choices for her.
Every night there was a vegetarian entree on the menu along with salads and soups.
She does not like to eat a lot of pasta and goes more for the salads and roasted vegetables.
One night we ate in the Emerald Room - the supper club - and we advised them when we made the reservation that she was a vegetarian. It is more of a steak and fish restaurant and there were no vegetarian meals on the menu. The chef made a very elaborate plate of roasted vegetables that she was very happy with.
During the day she visited the buffet for salad, the grill for veggie burgers (both my kids said they were the best ever) and had the pizzaria for goat cheese pizza (which was one of my favorites).
You will have no problem finding a wide choice of veggie food on the ships.
Have a great time!
Old January 25th, 2004, 05:53 PM
tammy569

I thought Carnival did a really good job with having vegetarian choices. The dining room menu always lists a vegetarian dish and appetizers so you don't have to ask for a special meal. There was one night I really didn't care for my dinner but they were great about getting me another dish. I loved the pizza!!! Besides having plain and vegetable toppings they also had this great goat cheese and portabello mushroom pizza. You could get a veggie burger, as long as you're not grossed out about it being cooked on the same grill as the other burgers. Ate breakfast and lunch at the buffet and they had made to order omlettes and numerous lunch options. Everything was clearly marked so you don't have to worry and some days even had a pasta station making fresh to order dishes.