Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 26th, 2004, 05:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default keep your eye on your stuff

Everytime you come back to the ship you need to put all your bags through the x-ray machine. On our way back from ocho rios we put our stuff on the belt and in it goes, but the guy in front of us was stopped because he made the machine beep. By the time we went through and grabbed our bags we were missing one (we now have no souvenirs from jamaica, we had 3 kids t-shirts and a ball cap). The guy working at the machine said, don't worry it happens all the time, whoever took it will return it to the pursers desk. Right!! I don't see why they couldn't check the cabin number for the 3 or 4 people that came in before us and send them a note to the room. We checked every day, and nothing was returned.
My advice is, when you're going through wait till the people in front of you have cleared so that you are already on the other side when your stuff goes through.
Sponsored Links
Old January 26th, 2004, 05:59 PM
Admiral

Default Re: keep your eye on your stuff

Very good advice, Delron, I hear this type of scam is pulled at the airport a lot...

Unfortunate but true!

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Old January 26th, 2004, 06:02 PM
Admiral

I feel sorry for whoever took it...it's sad that someone needed 3 kids t-shirts and a ball cap so badly. May they have a very bad year.

Old January 26th, 2004, 08:19 PM
Passenger

Delron, Sorry about your souvenirs. Maybe the machine ate them??? Pehaps the people who ended up with them truly didn't realize that they had your bag. I hope so. If not, and they had full knowledge then they need to live with making a very bad decision. For some people, doing the right thing does not matter, they don't even know what the right thing is...so SAD... Hey, my theory, what goes around comes around. Maybe not today or tomorrow, but, someday..... Must be uncomfortable to live like that. Thankyou for sharing good advice. You at the least turned your misfortune into something positive.
Old January 27th, 2004, 10:54 AM
jamiegunter

That sucks, I know when we get back to our room we pile all the bags together. They may not have realized they had your bag. I am always really careful at the airport with sending my purse through. I have actually asked the attendent if they will hold on to until I get through on one occasion. I let my husband go ahead of me then he can watch our stuff as I go through. These days we have to watch, someone always trying to scam us.