Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 26th, 2004, 08:30 PM
robert s

Default booze

Has anyone ever been caught bringing their own booze on board or had it taken away ?
Sponsored Links
Old January 27th, 2004, 09:12 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: booze

we just got back from the victory. we bought a bottle in grand cayman and brought it through the x-ray machine and nobody took it.
Old January 28th, 2004, 12:45 AM
Passenger

I will be traveling on the Carnival Victory in April and I plan to put some booze in a mouth wash bottle and pack it in my luggage. Make sure it is a sturdy glass bottle and put it in a zip lock baggie just in case. I heard this idea from the lady that cleaned our room the last cruise we were on. Good luck and have a great cruise.
Old January 28th, 2004, 06:22 AM
billyb

I've brought a couple of bottles of wine in our luggage on a 3 day cruise. The cabin steward saw it in our room and brought us ice to keep it cool. Each day he put our wine in the bucket of ice.

I dont think bringing alcohol on the ship in your luggage is a problem. Bringing it on after stopping at a port may or may not be an issue.
Old January 28th, 2004, 01:52 PM
Carmine

Default Re: Re: booze

Putting alcohol in a mouthwash bottle? Can't you just bring it in in your luggage, a few bottles that is. Can we bring rum as well (even on the airline) Just wondering. Thanks
Old January 29th, 2004, 02:42 PM
FD Cruiser

Default Re: Re: Re: booze

I am leaving Sunday out of New Orleans on the Conquest and I am debating bringing on a bottle of booze. I am also wondering if anyone has ever been caught bring on alcohol in their checked luggage so I figured I would move this topic back up to the top of the page to see if anyone else has any other info regarding this.
Old January 29th, 2004, 06:01 PM
Sidsammy

I've taken wine on board at embarkation on every cruise. I just put it in my carry on and no one has ever said a word.
Old January 30th, 2004, 09:15 PM
CruisinKelly

We were on the Triumph last week and my friend had a bottle of rum in in checked on baggage, then was out in the open in the room, she brought a big cup with her and just carried it around - there were others also doing this - nobody said a word. We also bought liquor in port - I bought four bottles and they forwarded me to check it in, but the people who had only one in their bags didn't have anything said to them.

We also stopped at K-Mart in Miami and bought a collapsable rolling cooler, filled it with Pepsi, Sprit and Water - tagged it and put it with the checked luggage - it arrived in our room that night and twice a day our room purser filled it with ice. Also bought more Pepsi in port and brought it on, carried it around uncovered (cans) noone ever said a thing - saved alot of money on pop and water.
Old January 31st, 2004, 04:50 AM
Cruise Maniac

Well, I sure hope there's no problem with taking booze! I just finished packing 5 bottles of wine for our meals and will just pay the corkage fee, along with a box for the room, a flask of scotch and some cognac. We'll see!

Norwegian Sea

Yankee Clipper Windjammer 1978
Celebration 01/04