Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 6th, 2004, 07:48 AM
AngelaAngel

Default Should I feel bad?

We have 12 other people cruisin' with us (4 of which have never) and my hubby and I are the only ones who have a suite. Thanks to his little surprise anniversary gift. When we embark should we take advantage of the Skipper's Club and board before everyone else or do you think since we are all one party they would include us all? I foresee some very jealous faces as I am there sippin a marguerita or something while they are just getting on board! lol
Sponsored Links
Old February 6th, 2004, 08:08 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Should I feel bad?

You are going as a group, I think you should board as one also. Just MHO.

Regards,
Thomas
Old February 6th, 2004, 08:12 AM
Admiral

Well, your hubby paid extra for this, so I don't think you should feel bad, but if you *do*, you could always bypass the Skipper's Club and board with your group...but I doubt very much they would let all of you bypass the line....

8/92 Mex. Riv. Commodore
9/98, 9/00, 9/02 & 7/04 Caribbean - Paradise
10/00, 08/05 Pac. Wtrs. Holiday, Monarch
04/06 Hawaii - Celebrity Summit
09/07 Alaska - Celebrity Summit
07/09 Western Caribbean RCCL Liberty of the Seas
Old February 6th, 2004, 11:12 AM
paradiser

Ask them I am sure if they were in your position They would use every possible opportunity given to them
You can see them on board
Why stand in line with them
Old February 6th, 2004, 11:18 AM
kristineth

We used the Skipper's Club one time and it didn't save us that much time...on our last cruise on the Glory, the regular boarding was actually quicker!! (maybe we just got lucky, there were no lines!!) I wouldn't stress about it too much....it will probably save you a little bit of time, but I think I would have more fun boarding with my group. Have a great cruise!!
Old February 6th, 2004, 02:37 PM
First Mate

It's really not THAT big of a deal to wait in line - we arrived about 10:30 ish and we waited about 30 minutes and then the process started which took about another 30 minutes. Not a huge deal. My thought would be to stay with your group and enjoy the anticipation. We were onboard, and eating lunch by noon (after checking out the cabin and a quick walk through. Enjoy!
Old February 6th, 2004, 08:24 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to NICKI61

In MHO, enjoy your suite but board as a group. I am sure you have told the others traveling with you that you have upgraded so they won't be surprised to see you go to your own room. But since you are going as a group, you should stay together and not use the skippers club.

Enjoy your anniversary!

Nicki

Ruby Princess 11/08

HAL Westerdam 11/2007

NCL Dawn-2006

Carnival Destiny-2004

Carnival Spirit 2002
Old February 7th, 2004, 01:37 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: Re: Should I feel bad?

Did you make plans to meet at the terminal? That's the key, no? If I were in your shoes, I would probably tell everyone to meet on board at one of the lounges, instead of at the terminal.
The pace is so fast at the terminal anyway that they won't miss you. You said it, the key word here is "jealousy". Some will be, regardless of what you do. Having a suite will do that to, so do what YOU want to do, and enjoy your cruise!

Norwegian Sea

Yankee Clipper Windjammer 1978
Celebration 01/04
Old February 7th, 2004, 02:24 PM
First Mate

I would think that if the Skipper's Club is part of your Anniversary surprise that the rest of the group would understand that...especially if they are friends. Since some of the others have cruised then those who haven't aren't being left without someone who has been through the embarkation process themselves.

If you are a leader of a group of strangers...then I'd stick with the group.
Old February 7th, 2004, 11:48 PM
bonie

I agree with Sandy. This is part of your Anniversary and your group will (or should) understand).

Enjoy your anniversary gift with your husband and then meet up with all your group later on.

Since there will be 10 others that can keep each other company, they shouldn't mind . Then when they board , maybe they can visit you in your suite for a drink and will you a Happy Anniversary.

ENJOY - HAPPY ANNIVERSARY./
Old February 8th, 2004, 08:45 AM
Krys

I agree with Sandy and enjoy your Anniversary the others will be fine without you for such a short period. What a memory you will have of that special time. As a group of understanding people there may be some remarks but its not everyones Anniversary either.
You could try getting a little feed back form some of those in the group. If it were me, I'd Go for it.
Happy Anniversary, and have fun.
Old February 9th, 2004, 12:30 PM
MasTequila

Just got back from Triumph...arrived at the port around 1 and barely stopped along the entire process (whole thing took around 5 min)! We had people with us who also had access to the Skippers Club...we didn't have time to find it....keep moving and sign and boom, on the ship. I would plan on staying with them unless you see an absolutely huge line that isn't moving. Even then, they may be delayed only by 5 minutes.

If you don't want to be with them on the cruise, don't be with them embarking. Otherwise, it may be a moot point and could cause more stress (yours as well as theirs) than its worth.