Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 9th, 2004, 10:04 PM
Chi-Guy

Default Plain ole FRANTIC--Conquest

I will set sail on March 7th and I can't believe how excited I am. Yes, this is my very first cruise experience and I can't wait. The past 4 months has been pure torture and if I sound like a big kid-------so be it. I haven't anticipated something this much since I last thought Santa was a real person..........lol. If anyone can add ANYTHING to enhance my experience, please share.

How is Henri's Disco?

[imghttp://www.cruisemates.com/countdown.php?month=03&year=2004&day=07&hour=22:00[/img]
Sponsored Links
Old February 10th, 2004, 06:10 PM
DavidW

Default Re: Plain ole FRANTIC--Conquest

I can surely understand how you feel ! I thought the day never would get here. I counted the days down to the last day, then the last hour. My wife and I sailed on the Conquest in August of 2003. This was for our 25'th Anv. cruise, and I must tell you, we had a wonderful time and a great cruise.
You have indeed,picked a wonderful ship to take your first cruise on. I do not have any complaints to tell you about. We had wonderful food,service,room stewardess's, waiters,ect.
Hope you have a great cruise;
David
Old February 10th, 2004, 11:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to jablock

to enhance your experience enjoy every day .

LIVE , LAUGH . AND LOVE.

Remeber when you board the ship how lucky you are. Be silly . Remeber how you used to be when you saw SANTA. Enjoy your cruise.

Carnival Conquest
Old February 12th, 2004, 10:37 AM
Passenger

Well, I can also tell you that you will have a great time. We are sailing on the Conquest in two weeks, which will make our second cruise on this ship and our seventh in total. We still get just as excited as did for our first one in 1996. The Conquest is a beautiful ship and we enjoyed it the most out of all our cruises, which I might add have all been on Carnival or Holland America(owned by the Carnival Corporation). You must eat at the supper club, The Point, at least one night. It's fabulous and we are contemplating eating there every night this time around. The food in the dinig room is also very good and being your first cruise it will be good to meet the other people at your table. Most of the time Carnival does a great job in matching couples up. Feel free to e-mail me if you any other questions or concerns.

P.S.

Henri's Disco is great. Opens at 10pm each night and no one under 18 allowed at that time. It's very cold in there but that's good if you are dancing a lot.

Post Edited (02-12-04 10:39)

Imagination 96
Destiny 97
Holiday 99
Fascination 01
Rotterdam 02
Conquest 07/03
Conquest 02/29/04
Old February 13th, 2004, 11:50 PM
Beginner

Send a message via AIM to gr8faith Send a message via Yahoo to gr8faith

I too understand your excitment. My husband & I just returned last Sunday from our 7 day "Conquest" It was everything you could imagine and much more. The food, the clubs, the food, the shows, the food, the shops and did I mention the food! We were with a group of about 25 and it couldn't have been better. Henri's is great, very cold, but you also have to try Vincent's, the Karokie Lounge. What a blast! If you can you imagine a 70 + year old up there singing. What a hoot. And the piano bar starts rocking after 10.
My advise, kick back and enjoy yourself.

Holiday - 03
Conquest - 04
Sensation - 11/04

Old February 14th, 2004, 09:38 AM
elationismyship

I'm counting down the days as well - I feel like a kid too -- but in your words "so be it". I even count backwards on my calendar to see how long 51 days feels. For example, my cruise is in 51 days from now - 51 days ago was a few days after Christmas and that wasn't that long ago . . . . .get the picture, I know I'm crazy.

This is my 8 cruise and I get excited about all of them. This is the first one were taking our 8 year old on and she is excited like me. We got library books on the areas we are going and read about them.

It's kinda hard though because my husband doesn't get excited like me, he loves the cruise and always wants to go but really doesn't start getting into it until about a week before so I have to temper my excitment around him or I'll drive him crazy for the next 51 days, 5 hours, etc.

P.S. Only thing we have to complain about is that our days on the cruise ship are on 24 hours long - you want to do so much and see so much you run out of time to sleep.
Old February 14th, 2004, 12:21 PM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to jablock
Default Re: Re: Plain ole FRANTIC--Conquest

elationismyship, I have the same problem , my DH doesn't get excited either...thank goodness for cruisemates ..other wise he would kill me. Bon Voyage, Janet

Carnival Conquest
Old February 14th, 2004, 01:10 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Plain ole FRANTIC--Conquest

Excited................????
I leave in 2 weeks (Feb. 29) on the Conquest.

In October (2004) we are booked on the Disney Wonder (3 day cruise, 1st for our 3 year old who loves Disney)

AND.... Just booked yesterday for the Glory, Feb 19, 2005.

Yes, I've managed to book 3 (THREE) cruises within a 12 month period.

MMMMM....... I wonder if # 4 is on the horizon???

Holiday - 2002
Carnival Conquest - 2004
Disney Wonder - 2004
Carnival Glory - 2005
Old February 15th, 2004, 09:56 AM
hooterville res

The conquest is THE party ship. Did't get to Henri's disco except for the super bowl. The blues piano bar across the hall with Joe was the best for entertainment. The shows in the show lounge were awesome, the fun on the lido deck was better than any club I have been too. The food is the best anywhere and you can have all you want. Drinks are pricey but what the heck you are on vacation. The conques is the most beautiful vessel, better than the best hotel in chicago. I would go again tomorrow if I could. Just got back on 2/7. 7 days on the ship and I didn't get to see it all. When in cozumel be sure to go to senor frogs down town. If you dont have the best time ever it is your own fault. We went in a group of 20 for a wedding and I did not want to come home.
Old February 15th, 2004, 12:29 PM
cantw82cruz

We were on the Feb. 1 sailing of the Conquest. Had a great time, the ship is beautiful. Henri's is very cold and wasn't busy anytime that we checked it out. Thought maybe it was their choice of music. They played a lot of 'club' music and with the people that were in there, 80s and 90s tunes might have been a better choice to get everyone dancing. We didn't recognize most of the music and we're not that old. We checked out the Karaoke bar, it was usually full and fun but the best place to be was with Joe at the piano bar. Every night was a good time in there. Boris, our waiter, always kept us refreshed and entertained. Like someone else said, if you don't have a good time it's your own fault. Have fun!!!
Old February 15th, 2004, 09:16 PM
Passenger

You picked a GREAT ship to sail on for the first time. Just wait until you see her up close. You will have butterflies in your stomache. She's big and beautiful! What more could you ask for?
Just remember, have fun!!!!!!!!!!!
We are booked on her sister "Glory" later this year.

Enjoy,

Old February 16th, 2004, 06:28 AM
Passenger

Can't wait .We're getting married on the conquest at new orleans on 3/28/04 before sailing.We have an aft cabin with balcony( at the very rear of of ship).Anyone have pics from this ship and / or cabin location?

Sailing the Conquest
Old February 16th, 2004, 08:08 AM
Passenger

Let's face it, cruising is the ultimate! I count the days backward for reference as well! lol
I'm somewhere around the first week of January as that goes. And that doesn't seem so long ago?!??!

Old February 16th, 2004, 11:31 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Re: Re: Plain ole FRANTIC--Conquest

Caveman,

Glad to see another leaving out on the 29th. I am interested in the disney cruises. I watched a special on thier ships a couple of weeks ago on the travel channel. They are beautiful and not just for kids. It was the first time that I had ever considered sailing on another line besides Carnival. hope you have a great time and see ya in two weeks!

Post Edited (02-16-04 11:31)

Imagination 96
Destiny 97
Holiday 99
Fascination 01
Rotterdam 02
Conquest 07/03
Conquest 02/29/04