CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Cruise Director (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/194747-cruise-director.html)

Virginia February 13th, 2004 03:56 PM

Cruise Director

I sailed on the Conquest 2/1/04. Afrer having read about Corey I was very disappointed in Stuart Little who was the Cruise Director. We could barely understand him and he was not interesing. I had cruised previously on The Holiday where we had a great Cruise Director named Larry. What happened to Correy?

pathandpatty February 13th, 2004 06:42 PM

Re: Cruise Director

I agree!!! We were on the January 25th sailing of the Conquest and had heard wonderful things about Corey. We were a group of four and each of us had the same opinion of Stuart Little. Not very entertaining, lack of personality no enthusiasm, in general a big disappointment. Giving him the benefit of the doubt it might have been his first job as a Cruise Director and he'll get better. Of course you need to remember this is only our opinion.

Jim Bragg February 13th, 2004 07:37 PM

Corey is on holiday and will return in a couple months and I believe he will return to the Conquest but I am not positive just yet. The "Larry" you are probably reffering to is Larry Galantia (sp) and yes he is a pretty good guy and handles the CD job quite well. I don;t know Stuart.
Jim

ryent May 19th, 2004 01:14 PM

Just returned from the 5/9/4 sailing aboard Conquest. Could Stuart be anymore aloof? Horrible CD. Absoluetly no personality, that is the few times we actually saw him. He was never out on deck, he didn't participate in any of the deck activites. The one time he was out on deck (during the evening deck party), he looked so bored I thought he was going to fall asleep. I hope his replacement is MUCH better!!!!!!!!!!!

AshleyP May 19th, 2004 10:06 PM

Just my opinion, but you were not missing anything by not having Corey as your CD. We were on the Conquest in December, and he was not particularly entertaining and very much like a used car salesman. Every talk, which we did not attend, but watched in our rooms, was one long infomercial with no information of value. It was like listening to Ron Pompeil (the rotissere "set it and forget it" guy) talk about shopping.

Irish Girl May 20th, 2004 05:32 PM

Corey has quite Carnival and has taken his show to Lake Tahoe. I have had Stuart Little as a CD, can't even remember what he was like. I do remember Larry, all he could do was push his CD and talk about the big diamond he put on Tonya's finger.

Gene May 23rd, 2004 07:50 AM

Just returned from a trip on the Conquest and had a great time. I thought Stuart Little did an excellent job!! He was always kind and courteous, we saw him everywhere. I would also like to add that Sara the assistant was a wonderful person!!