Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 25th, 2004, 10:08 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to teleman9111 Send a message via Yahoo to teleman9111
Default Guaranteed category 1a carnival glory, possible upgrade??

We recently booked our once in a lifetime vacation through a travel agency, we originally were going to book a room with a balcony, but the agency advised us to book this guaranteed 1a room due to the amount of money we would save, we recently found out these rooms have bunk beds in them, we were very dissapointed and called the travel agent several times and emailed him a numerous amount of times also, when he finally contacted us he wrote "due to the large amount of bookings done by our company there is a chance you will be upgraded to a different room upon embarkation, we however can not guarantee this, we hope your vacation will be an experiance you never forget, blah blah, blah........has anyone ever booked such a room, and if so have you been upgraded?? Is this going to absolutely ruin our vacation?? any suggestions will help.
Sponsored Links
Old February 26th, 2004, 05:04 AM
Stuart Bond

Default Re: Guaranteed category 1a carnival glory, possible upgrade?

You will have a wonderful time even if you don't get a cabin upgrade. If you have your heart set on a balcony, I'd suggest you call your TA and pay for the upgrade. If you go with a good attitude and ready to have fun, you won't be in your cabin much anyway!
Old February 26th, 2004, 08:05 AM
Beginner

My family and I are getting ready for our first cruise. It will be our first vacation in ten years and we booked a guaranteed 6A cabin. That is a ocean view. There are five of us and we were told that we may get an upgrade but nothing is for sure. We said that it was the least type cabin we would be happy with so no matter what we have a good room. Then all my friends that have been on cruises said it does not matter because all you do is sleep in them anyway. So just have fun and I'll write again when we get back and let you know how many upgrades I saw people get. Have a great cruise.
Old February 26th, 2004, 09:07 AM
Admiral

Yes, I'm a "all you do is sleep in them" girl myself.....but.....don't you and your husband want to actually SLEEP together? I would call and upgrade to at least a 4A. that way you can still hope for an upgrade (remember to book a 4A guarantee), but don't feel like you're at summer camp!

dorothy

Carnival Elation
Carnival Elation March 11
Carnival Imagination Sept 07
Carniival Sensation Dec 06
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 06
Carnival Miracle Sept 05
Carnival Glory Sept 04
Carnival Fantasy Jan 04
Old February 26th, 2004, 08:06 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to teleman9111 Send a message via Yahoo to teleman9111
Default Re: Re: Guaranteed category 1a carnival glory, possible upgr

Hey all,

We spoke with carnival today and explained what had happened and they gave us a free upgrade to a 4b stateroom, we are exstatic.....thanks you all for the help.

LB