Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 22nd, 2004, 06:53 AM
can't wait

Default airline seat problems

Does any one have any advise
Here is the problem

I just picked up my travel docs and tried to reserve my airline seats
and the airline siad that the only seats they can give me are all over the plane
This is a problem since I am travling with two small childern

I was upset they said contact the crusie line who I booked my seats through
The cruise line said to contact my travel agt
And my travel agt said to wait until that day and maybe they can do something the airport

Maybe

I can't let my kids sit alone

Any advise
Sponsored Links
Old March 22nd, 2004, 07:26 AM
First Mate

Default Re: airline seat problems

Typically in situations like this they'll do what they can, at the gate or onboard the aircraft to rearrange...I've been asked to move so families can sit together, and I always (as do most reasonable people) happily oblige.

Don't stress - they won't let you be separated from your two small children.

Happy flying and even happier cruising!

Old March 22nd, 2004, 07:33 AM
hoogie

Default Re: Re: airline seat problems

We just went through this in February and there were plenty of people willing to trade seats. At the least you'll probably end up with 2 sets of 2 seats together.

Hoog
Old March 22nd, 2004, 07:39 AM
Beginner

We had this happen once. Make sure you get to the airport early, at least a couple hours before your flight. Tell them your problem. From what i understand they hold some seats open until check-in. We did this and they told us they would do what they could. They called us at the gate and had us put together. I hope this helps, good luck.
Old March 22nd, 2004, 09:36 AM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to ERAU123 Send a message via MSN to ERAU123

I work as a Flight Attendant for a major US airline and this is a common problem. Like the many nice frequent travellers that have stated above try to get ot the airport early and explain your situation to the person at the ticket counter when checking in. Then if that does not work try the gate agent before boarding. Finally if that doesn't work try the flight attendant(s) on board, the majority if not all of us are very willing and know the importance of a family sitting together. And if that does not work take things into your own hands and ask people. One thing I do to make it less confusing and playing musical seats all over the aircraft, I will ask the family to take their original seats and then try and find a whole row or however many seats I need to help out the family, so be somewhat patient with this way of doing things might take a little longer to get your ending seats, but I find it quicker overall. One situation which happens quite often and is ultimately good, is that your children are seated in emergency exit seats. Since they are younger than 15 they have to be moved and of course you have to go with them, ... wink wink.

Hope this helps you out, and it should work out just fine for you.
Enjoy your travels and your cruise

Mark

Carnival Fascination 1/24/03

Carnival Spirit
Old March 22nd, 2004, 09:51 AM
mar915

Same thing, we went to Nassau last year and when you check in they will get you together no worries. They will not let your family be split up.

Mary
Old March 22nd, 2004, 10:03 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via Yahoo to karessamom

Last summer my sister inlaw and family ended up taking a last minute trip to Baltimore. Because it was last minute, they were seated all over the plane in the only seats available. all 6 of them, fortunately they were all eventually placed infront or in back of each other or to the side --it all worked out ok. The stewardess and passengers were very willing to help out to enable them to seat together as much as possible.

Old March 22nd, 2004, 09:09 PM
elationismyship

We've had it happen too, it's not going to be a problem - there is "NO WAY" they'd let your little ones sit without you. The liability alone if something would happen would not allow any airline to sit little ones away from parents.