Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 26th, 2004, 10:54 PM
darlenenjake

Default URGENT: Last minute questions, leaving tomorrow

Help! I have a few last minute questions if anyone could please help me out.
We are going on Eastern Carb. for 7 nights on the Paradise if this helps.

1.) Is there a size limit on carry ons, I want to bring a back pack each, our snorkel gear (in mesh bag) and my camcorder.

2.) If we do shopping on board/ports and can't fit it all in luggage can we disembark with extra carry ons (bags, etc)? Or do we have to check it and hope it makes it to the pier and to us.

3.) Can Fiance buy cigars in port and have them checked at the boat till we return back to Miami and how does this work.

4.) Any size limit on luggage, we will have one roll on each, one large suit case we are sharing, a garmet bag and two small bathroom bags attached to our larger bag.

5.) Are any of our ports tenders?

6.) What goes through x-ray, as I bought a TON of film and don't want it ruined. Show I carry it on or check it.

7.) Are there irons on board, if so where and is there a cost?

8.) In Nassau, St. Thomas or DR are there beach snorkeling locations close and how would we get there without taking a ships excursion?

I think that is all I needed to ask, if anyone has any hints I would love to hear them as well.... =o)
Sponsored Links
Old March 26th, 2004, 11:11 PM
Admiral

Default Re: URGENT: Last minute questions, leaving tomorrow

1.) Is there a size limit on carry ons, I want to bring a back pack each, our snorkel gear (in mesh bag) and my camcorder.

--11 x 17. No Limit on length.

2.) If we do shopping on board/ports and can't fit it all in luggage can we disembark with extra carry ons (bags, etc)? Or do we have to check it and hope it makes it to the pier and to us.

--You can take multple bags off the ship upon debarkation

3.) Can Fiance buy cigars in port and have them checked at the boat till we return back to Miami and how does this work.

--You give to crew when you return to ther ship at a port. They will keep it until the night prior to debarkation. Keep "legal limits" in mind (as to the amount/type)

4.) Any size limit on luggage, we will have one roll on each, one large suit case we are sharing, a garmet bag and two small bathroom bags attached to our larger bag.

--No size limit on "checked bags"

5.) Are any of our ports tenders?

--To my knowledge, no

Old March 26th, 2004, 11:21 PM
darlenenjake

Default Re: Re: URGENT: Last minute questions, leaving tomorrow

Yikes to the carry on... will snorkel gear be ok if I maybe zip tie it so it stays closed... it's in a large mesh bag (laundry type bag)... for comparision what is 11 * 17, like a back pack size?
Old March 27th, 2004, 01:01 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Re: URGENT: Last minute questions, leaving tomorrow

It's about the size of what they allow as an airplane carryon. Your snorkel gear should be no problem.

Old March 27th, 2004, 05:28 AM
First Mate

Hope you're not talking about Cuban Cigars. They're illegal and chances are you won't get them back.
Old March 27th, 2004, 08:36 AM
Yeoman

Send a message via MSN to 3FOB5Paradise

No, Paradise should not have tender ports on this cruise........it did not the last two times I went on this itinerary
See you aboard tomorrow!