Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 27th, 2004, 05:40 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to FamilyCruise2004
Default Strollers for Toddlers?

Our son will be 2 & 1/2, when we sail in May, and I read somewhere, that we might not be able to carry on a larger fold-up stroller (not the umbrella type). Our son is to big for those umbrella strollers. Has anyone carried on a larger stroller, larger than an umbrella??? Please, Help!
Tracy
Sponsored Links
Old March 27th, 2004, 07:16 PM
Captain

Default Re: Strollers for Toddlers?

I'm not sure if you can bring your own larger stroller on board, but they do rent strollers on board.
Old March 27th, 2004, 09:31 PM
kernfam01

Default This is what I heard...

There is a family cruising board at cruisecritic.com, although I haven't been there much lately, as it never lets me post and ask questions, always get an error mssg. There is a ton of good cruising w/ kids advice. What I heard it that you can stroll right up to the airline gate, ask them to "gate check" your stroller, then it will be right there waiting for you at the gate when you get off. I also learned that the hallways and such (of the ship) are a little tight w/ a full size stroller. But I am like you, my son is WAY to big for an umbrella stroller, and why in the heck would I take a stroller w/ no sun shade to the caribbean?! We found a cheaper,light weight stroller that has a shade, and reclines that is a full size and I plan to bring it. I would never go on vacation w/ out it, I'm sure were not the only ones. I refuse to pay $$ to rent a stroller, I have already bought to many of my own! !
Old March 28th, 2004, 02:12 PM
kernfam01

Default Re: This is what I heard...

I should also mention this board has a great family cruising board also! Its under the "people" boards.
Old April 9th, 2004, 02:36 PM
Passenger

We are driving to the port, not flying. Does this make a difference, as far as the strollers, checking in at the pier. Just curious. I tried checking the family cruise boards & they are much slower, than this one. Thanks sooooo much for all your help!
We cruise-May 8th. Yippee!
Tracy
Old April 9th, 2004, 02:54 PM
SusanE.

We just returned from the Ectasy with our 20 month old. We brought on our McClaren stroller and no one said boo-- . Beware, the ship is not fun with a toddler. The kiddie pool can't be used by the diaper (even swim diaper) set, and walking on deck gave me the willies. There is a kid's play area but it's small and quite lame. With your son being 2.5, you could use the kid's club, so it may be better for you.
Old April 10th, 2004, 12:27 PM
Gianna S.

Default Re: Re: Strollers for Toddlers?

Yes, you can bring the stroller on board. I did on my last cruise. Good thing we had a suite, it takes up too much space in the room. We mainly used it for the days in port, when we went out. I wouldn't bring it to the dining room, you can, I saw other families bringing them, just park it in an area the maitre de tells you to. Have a great cruise.!!!!
Old April 10th, 2004, 09:47 PM
Passenger

We don't plan to dine in the dining hall, but maybe once or twice & we can leave the stroller in the room then. We mainly want the stroller for port days, shopping, etc. Thanks for all your help!!!
Tracy