Hubby and I decided on the Triumph-Western itinerary 7/10. We are excited as are our three kids ages 4,8, and 11. I am sure I will have a million questions before the cruise but the following poppedi nto my head:
1. Dining- we requested early seating and a table by ourselves. Last summer on the Magic we did the same thing and got seated with three people, two ladies and their teenage daughter. My kids were quiet as they are very very shy . the next night the threesome were switched to another table. I assume by their request. I was wondering if it is possible for five to sit by themselves?
2. Does anyone know if you can ask to be seat in a paticular area in the dining room? our kids love the portholes. is there a particular place to ask for .
3. I heard the Triumph's carpets are filthy and smell. Any chance of a refurbishing before the summer?
4. We are a category 6A on the Rivera deck. We asked for adjoining cabins because we love having two bathrooms and the kids love having their own room. Is there anyway to be upgraded?
5. Can anyone recommend excursions on the Western itineray that are good for kids?
Again with the stained carpets !!!! Yes there are a few water stains, but the Triumph is a beautiful ship, and no smell to the carpet whatsoever. A 6A is just great with adjoining rooms. I wouldn't worry too much about an upgrade. We went on the Triumph 2003 with our 2 teens.(6a with adjoining rooms) Had a wonderful time, western itinerary. Cozumel, go to Chaukba (sp??) Park. About a 5-10 min. cab ride from the ship. You can swim, relax, walk around the gardens, snorkel etc. ($10 entry fee). You don't have to book it through the ship, although they do offer it, you can do cheaper yourself. After that, take a cab ride to the town and ask to get dropped off at the far side, then walk back through town enjoying the shops. Grab a cab back to the ship, and you have had a fun day in Cozumel. Grand Caymen, we just jumped in a cab and he gave us the "grand tour". Took us to all the places the "offical tours" go, in fact, we followed a tour bus. Did that for about 1.5 hrs and then he brought us back to the port to shop. Another full day, 1/2 the cost of a tour. Ocho Rios we took a bus at the port to the waterfall. Small fee for the bus and enterance to the park. climbed the waterfalls, it was the highlight of our teens' on-shore experience. It might be tough for a 4 year old, but certainly the others could handle it easily... lots of fun. There is a pathway/stairs along side the waterfalls that you or hubby could walk along and watch with the 4 year old.
Lets see .. where do I begin!!
We are heading on the Triumph for the second year in a row.. with our two boys, who are 5 and 9. We loved it last year and cannot wait to go back!
The western itinerary was perfect.
In Cozumel, there are tons of Free Beaches.. we are heading to Paradise beach this year... then to Mini Golf.....
In Grand Cayman, you can do the Stingrays.. or just head to Seven Mile Beach.
In Jamaica.. we took a private tour with A-Z Jamaica Planners... they took us to Dunns River Falls, FernGully, River Tubing and then to Margaritiaville.
As far as dining.. we had the 6:15 seating in the London Dining room.... there are no windows here. If you want windows, you can request the 5:45 seating in the Paris Dining room. We had a booth for just the four of us, and it was perfect. We hope to have just the four of us this year too.
We will be going on the Triumph for the 9th time in a couple of week. The carpets have all been replaced, last time I checked with someone. The Triumph is a beautiful ship and you will have a great time. If you have a problem in the dining room just speak to the Maitre de and he will adjust it.
You can request a table for 5, just do so through your Travel Agent.
You can ask for a certain area once you are on the ship IF it is available but they pretty much assign you a table according to how they can fit you in.
If you want adjoining cabins then get assigned cabins and do not look or ask for an upgrade. Chances are quite slim that they can give you an upgrade and keep your adjoining rooms.
As for the carpets..you have 3,000 people coming and going each and every week not to mentiuon the 1,000 plus crew. The carpets are cleaned all the time and any stains you see are usually because someone spilled some punch, coffee, etc and even on ships on their second sailing you will find a stain somewhere.