Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 16th, 2004, 07:58 PM
Passenger

Default Carnival Sensation

Hey! Just got back from the Miracle last Friday...went today to TA to book another cruise! We are booked on the Sensation July 10-July 15. Need some information about the ship...anything would be helpful! :-)
Sponsored Links
Old April 17th, 2004, 10:33 AM
Passenger

Default Re: Carnival Sensation

Bump.....please...info. needed! :-)
Old April 17th, 2004, 12:23 PM
Nancy M

for an older ship, it is pretty well maintained. the service and staff was good and always helpful. also lots of purple decor. anything specific u would like to know?
Old April 17th, 2004, 02:53 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Carnival Sensation

I will also be on the Sensation July 10-15. Do you have any kids?
Old April 17th, 2004, 03:48 PM
Admiral

She was my first cruise ship. Been on 2 others since. They just weren't Sensation, so my wife and I are going back next April.

I may dwell on the land, but I live at sea!

Steve

Sensation 2/03 I disembarked, but never really left the ship.
Enchantment 9/03 Just had to go back.
Inspiration 3/04 Just have to go back again, and again, and again...
Sensation 04/05 The vessel made me do it!
Old April 17th, 2004, 04:21 PM
First Mate

Jenn, where did you go on Miracle? I think Sensation is super, but it's over 10 years older than Miracle. If you did the Bahamas, I think Sensation's Western Caribbean itinerary will more than make up the age difference.

Old April 17th, 2004, 05:12 PM
Passenger

There are 6 of us going...all single women in our mid to upper 20's. We are really interested in the night life. Does the ship seem to be run over by teenagers...or are there people our age onboard?

We went on the Miracle April 3rd. The ship docked in Costa Maya, Cozumel, and the Bahamas. We did not like the Bahamas at all....but loved Cozumel. The Sensation goes to Cozumel and Grand Caymen....this was our selling point. I know this ship will not compare to the Miracle...the Miracle is brand new and had an outstanding crew. I just hope we aren't disappointed with the Sensation.
Old April 17th, 2004, 06:00 PM
Admiral

The Sensy was also our first ship and the reason we have been on a couple dozen more since. <VBG> Cruiselines seem to have at least one ship that they call a "happy ship" and the crew keeps requesting to return to the same ship. In Carnival's fleet it is the Sensation. Check out the reviews on the ship and you will mostly find excellant comments about both the ship and the crew. I do hope you like purple though. <> There will of course be many others your same age onboard and you will have no trouble locating them in the disco and at the singles get-together.
Jim

Old April 17th, 2004, 06:11 PM
cruisingbear

Hello fellow Sensation cruisers,
My husband and myself will be cruising the Sensation on September 18th. We are
so excited since it will be our first wedding anniversary and we have booked a balcony
stateroom. Anybody else going 9/18??? Anybody got any info on the ship they would
like to share??
Hey SEAHUNKS...... You really seem to love the Sensation. I'm interested in knowing
why?? Please share your views. Also, are you and your wife part of the over 40's
crowd?? Is this a party hardy ship for 20-30 year olds???
Thanks for your info.
Happy Sailing.............
Old April 17th, 2004, 09:27 PM
Nancy M

Recently cruised the sensation in Febrauary, the disco club had tons of teens but they were all asked to leave after 12. They didn't really bother anyone though.
Old April 18th, 2004, 02:34 PM
First Mate

We are taking our second cruise on the Sensation next month. Our forst cruise on the Sensation in September of 2003 was absolutely wonderful and as long as you don't have a problem with the color purple, I can safely say you'll have a wonderful time. The nightlife never left us bored. There was always something fun to do.

Enjoy your cruise!

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
2010 RCCL Oasis Of The Seas
2009 RCCL Freedom Of The Seas (so nice we did it twice)
2008 RCCL Freedom Of The Seas (!!wow!!)
2007 Carnival Glory (Super Bowl - Bears vs Colts)
2005 Carnival Sensation (again)
2004 Carnival Sensation
1993 Celebrity Horizon
1991 Celebrity Meridian
Old April 19th, 2004, 11:00 AM
barb glovac

WE just got back from our first cruise on the Sensation, we had a blast (myself . husband and two girls). My only big complaint was this boat really rocks in high seas. Are all cruise ships like that??
Old April 19th, 2004, 11:08 AM
Admiral

Pretty much Barb. <G> Ships like the Sensation and those that are newer all have stabilizer 'wings' that they extend out frm the ship while at sea and these help combat the rolling from side to side that the current hull designs encourage. In the old days of trans-ocean liners the ships hull was very sleek and cut through the water better. If you look at the other ships out there you will notice though that cruiseships are really very stable.
Jim

Old April 19th, 2004, 12:04 PM
First Mate

Went on the Sensation in March. Loved the crew the ship, the food, everything was fun and all were happy. A ton of spring breakers from college but, hey I can party with any age group. I am 43 and it did not bother me at all, in the disco, I dance with guys my son's age. No one seem to care as long as you are having fun.