Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 29th, 2004, 07:01 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Carnival staterooms really bigger?

Choosing between Carnival Miracle and Norwegian Dawn, are the Carnival Staterooms really a lot bigger? Which would an experienced cruiser choose, the itineries are about the same, price too, just waiting for the july 05 prices to come out, and we'll book a 7 day to the bahamas/florida. Thanks in advance for all your input!
Sponsored Links
Old April 29th, 2004, 08:38 AM
Cruise Maniac

Send a message via AIM to MikesMom
Default Re: Carnival staterooms really bigger?

yep Carnival cabins are bigger hands down

CCL FASCINATION 1/04
CCL MIRACLE 6/04
Old April 30th, 2004, 03:56 PM
jubilee

Go to: cruisestateroom.com you can compare stateroom sizes and ship info.

Julie
Old April 30th, 2004, 04:08 PM
Passenger

Don't know about NCL's but Carnival's are definitely larger than RCI, or Princess.
Our mini on the Diamond seemed about the same size as balcony rooms on Carnival, or maybe just slightly larger.

Old April 30th, 2004, 06:14 PM
Admiral

Carnival has the largest standard cabins of any cruiseline, 182 Sq Ft.. NCL has freestyle dining and CCL has traditional dining. My choice between NCL and CCL is CCL
Jim

Old April 30th, 2004, 08:59 PM
Passenger

Carnival defintly has bigger staterooms than Norwegian. Thats one of CCL selling points that they advertise.
Our first cruise was on NCL Seaward{now Norwegain Sea}-We had an inside cabin w/2 beds that were put together at night. I knew before going that staterooms were small. The bathroom was even smaller-The shower was about on square tile big. {When the CD joked about the small batherooms everyone laughed at it for it was true what they said.} Our second cruise was again NCL this time the Norway-even though I loved the ship-the art deco-ness{I felt like Betty Davis from NOW VOYAGER}the room was even samller. We had an inside cabin w/a full bed. You literely had one strip on rug to walk on. I will say the bathroom was larger-but I think that was because it was an older ship{The old SS FRANCE}. I remember getting breakfast it bed on morning and it was in bed for there was no other place to eat. We than went on CCL and had the bunkbed room and couldnt belive how much bigger it was and the bathroom it was like a normal size you get at a hotel w/a decent size show. Our next CCL after a few other cruises w/differnt cruise lines was an inside with two lower beds and again it was big compared to the other cruise lines. If if room size you are looking at CCL are bigger than NCL.

MI5
Old May 1st, 2004, 06:59 AM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to marvholly

Carnival staterooms are bigger. However, layout, sometimes due to location, also plays a role in how comfortable the cabins are. Had insides on Celebrity Mercury and Carnival Victory over the last year in about the same category and this time Celebrity won hands down even though the location (forward) was not my preference. I tend to prefer aftish.

There are many other issues to consider here. You say itineraries and price are similar. Did you check the amount of time and time of day the ships are in port? For example: some ships are in San Juan morning until late afternoon. Others arrive early to mid-afternoon and leave around midnight. This means the port is geared to different activities for the same stop. I am compring 2 NCL cruises and see a big difference. Ship excursions are not a big consideration since this and other boards will give you info on private vendors doing a good job at a fair price in every port.

Have you thought about your eating preferences. NCL is freestyle with a variety of dine rooms of different themes to choose among, some at no extra charge. Carnival has traditional assigned dinner seating and only 1 other sit down down dine room with an extra charge. And don't say you are not planning on many dine room dinners, the buffet will be fine. Dining aboard ship is part of the overall ambience of a cruise and an experience to really enjoy and not miss.