Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 29th, 2004, 05:25 PM
Passenger

Default Looking for options for shuttle from Orlando to Port Canaver

Hey folks... I have a question. I know I will get a perfect solution and probably many to choose from. I read these boards nearly every day and I learn so much.

Here goes......... We are booked on the Glory out of Port Canaveral - March 12, 2005!! Took advantage of the one day sale and got a balcony on the Panorama deck .. I can hardly wait!!! My question is what is the most STRESS FREE way to do the shuttle from the airport in Orlando to the ship in Port Canaveral? We wouldn't mind spending the night in Port Canaveral but am not sure how to get from airport to hotel to ship and back to the airport when we return from the cruise. Seems like a rat-race and I don't do rat-race well. Please help!! Thanks a bunch!! Lenore
Sponsored Links
Old April 29th, 2004, 06:51 PM
bill123

Default Re: Looking for options for shuttle from Orlando to Port Can

we are doing the same cruise on may 29th and my wife did all the research, carnival shuttles , private shuttles and limo rides were all much more exspensive than renting an Avis car. we are going to fly in the day before stay at the radison on the beach in port canaveral then here is the great part the rental return in one block from the hotel and they provide a free shuttle to the dock. This way you can have a car the whole day you are there and wont be stuck to walking. the rental was around 4o dollars unlimited milage for the day and you cvan pick the car up right at the orlando airport. going back we are taking the carnival shuttle to the airport.
Old April 29th, 2004, 08:42 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Looking for options for shuttle from Orlando to Port

Sounds like a good deal ... I guess I do have plenty of time to get things finalized, but I will be planning for the next 10 months!!! Thanks for the info and I'll be anxious to hear how the cruise is.
Old April 29th, 2004, 08:54 PM
Yeoman

One thing to add. IF you want a car after the cruise, you can have the rental car agency pick u up at the port. They'll bring you the the agency. YOu can then have a car for the day(if you have a late flight), take it back to the airport when you're ready to fly out.

We did this before. Rented a car at the airport. Went to dinner, a little shopping and went to the beach. They picked us up and took us back to the agency. We then did Kennedy Space Center for the day. Then headed back, returned the car at the airport and caught our flight home. Didn't have to sit around the airport for hours. This is if you have a late flight. Our always leaves about 6:30 pm.

Have fun!!
Old April 29th, 2004, 09:48 PM
Passenger

We are doing the exact same itinerary in about a week on the Glory. I did a bit of research myself, and decided to go with Art's Shuttle Service. WWW.ARTSSHUTTLE.COM They will be picking us (family of 3), from the Orlando Airport and taking us to the Raddion Hotel at Cape Canaveral at a 50.00 charge. Raddison hotel then will provide us free shuttle service to port (about 3 miles away) the following day. Raddison hotel also includes complimentary breakfast for 2.

Hope that helps.

9 days to go.................Yippy!