Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old May 10th, 2004, 06:55 AM
Rhonda Kay

Default Room selection

First timers, trying to book for first anniversary, found ship (sensation) leaving on that day. Now, before I book, confused with all the categories. Interior or Oceanview? Front of boat or rear? Is it true the lower down on the boat, the more likely seasickness? Saw in some other messages here guarentee, run of the ship, and posibility of upgrades? Does that mean I can guarentee the lower rate, as long as it is a room we could stand if we have to, and then possibly they will upgrade us anyway further down the line? About how much deposit will I need? And the all important question--one of the messages here talked about uper-lower beds--sorry to be such a newbie, but is that a joke? Or a possibility? Definitely not first anniversary material. Thanks to all for this message board -extremely helpful. I have a feeling TAs will tell us anything and who knows what we;d be floating around in.
Sponsored Links
Old May 10th, 2004, 08:27 AM
First Mate

Default Re: Room selection

01. The least amount of movement will be on the lowest deck at the center of the ship.

02. If you take a guarantee cabin. You are guaranteed to get the minimum level of cabin class that you guaranteed with the possibilty of an upgrade. Personally I prefer to choose the cabin I'll be in and not leave it to chance with a guarantee. That can backfire and it's just not worth the gamble to me.

03. The only cabin that has 1 lower and 1 upper bunk is the 1a cabin. You don't want that!
All the others have beds that are twin size and can be put together to make queen/king size. They may also have upper bunks that fold out from the wall to accomidate more people in a cabin.

04. If I recall corrctly, they require $200 per person deposit with the entire balance due 60 days prior to the sail date.

Hope this helps..... I'll be glad to try and answer any other specific questions.
We sailed on the Sensation last September and we loved it so much we are sailing it again at the end of this week May 15th. Both times we took an inside cabin on the lowest deck, mid ship and we were extremely comfortable. (4a)

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
2010 RCCL Oasis Of The Seas
2009 RCCL Freedom Of The Seas (so nice we did it twice)
2008 RCCL Freedom Of The Seas (!!wow!!)
2007 Carnival Glory (Super Bowl - Bears vs Colts)
2005 Carnival Sensation (again)
2004 Carnival Sensation
1993 Celebrity Horizon
1991 Celebrity Meridian