Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old June 9th, 2004, 05:53 PM
Heather&Scott

Default Sail & Sign Card

Does everyone in the cabin get thier own sail and sign card or is it one card for the whole cabin. Scott and I will be in one cabin and my sister and her husband will be in another. Alot of times the boys will be doing one thing and us girls will be on our own. I just want to make sure I will still be able to make purchases if Scott is no where around.

Sponsored Links
Old June 9th, 2004, 05:59 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Sail & Sign Card

Yes each person gets their own Sail and Sign card. You can either have a joint account-for example $500.00 that is shared between the 2 cards or separate accounts -$250 on each. Just depends on your preference. The joint account worked fine for my husband and myself, but saw others who had the separate accounts.
Old June 9th, 2004, 06:10 PM
theCoach

Default Re: Sail & Sign Card

Yes. Absolutely everyone gets their own S&S card. This also acts as your I.D> card everytime you exit and re-enter the ship. So they know exactly who has left the ship at a port, and who has not returned. This is also your I.D> card for any security at the ports to identify yourself as a passenger of the ship.

All onboard purchases charged through the S&S card will be charged to your accound. You can chose to set up the account with a credit card (which is a good idea) or you can set it up as a cash account ( only problem with this is that when your deposited funds have been depleated you will have to make another cash deposit onto your account) Whereas with a credit card account you can always pay it down with any leftover cash or travelers checks at the end of the cruise.
Old June 9th, 2004, 08:13 PM
anita kennedy

Default Re: Re: Sail & Sign Card

If you use a credit card you can use 1 credit card and both can charge on it.
You will see on the TV when you check you will each have your own account; however, the one that has everything is the one whose name is on the carde. i.e. your husband's. When we were checking ours I thought I was being double billed, however, since the card was in my husband's name it was his total that we watched and knew what we would have charged to the card. Hope this isn't confusing.
Old June 10th, 2004, 05:18 AM
bjkeen

Default Re: Re: Re: Sail & Sign Card

You can check the expenditures daily either at the Purser's desk or on your t.v. in your cabin. It is a little confusing when you first look at the way they calculate everything, but after a few minutes of scrutiny you will figure out their method.

A good aspect of the Sail-n-Sign card is at the end of the cruise you don't have to wait on the ship while they chase down everyone who has an unpaid balance. All unpaid balances will be charged to your charge card. I prefer to pay as I go (put money on the card as I make expenditures) then when I return from my cruise I don't owe anything.
Old June 10th, 2004, 05:20 AM
bjkeen

Default Re: Re: Re: Sail & Sign Card

You can check the expenditures daily either at the Purser's desk or on your t.v. in your cabin. It is a little confusing when you first look at the way they calculate everything, but after a few minutes of scrutiny you will figure out their method.

A good aspect of the Sail-n-Sign card is at the end of the cruise you don't have to wait on the ship while they chase down everyone who has an unpaid balance. All unpaid balances will be charged to your charge card. I prefer to pay as I go (put money on the card as I make expenditures) then when I return from my cruise I don't owe anything.