Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 16th, 2004, 07:50 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default camp carnival question

I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but my ds is almost 10 and fortunately or unfortunately he has not had to go to daycare and he has always stayed with family members. I am hoping he will stay sometime at camp carnival but my question is do they let the parents stay at all? I am sure eventually he would feel comfortable but I know how he is and in the begining he will not take too kindly staying with strangers.
I didn't know if they made the parents just drop off the kids and then leave or if we could "hang" around a bit.
Sponsored Links
Old July 16th, 2004, 08:19 PM
Lara

Default Re: camp carnival question

The first day of our cruise parents and children were welcomed to camp carnival for a visit. It gave parents a chance to see the area and sign their children up for the camp, while the kids checked out the facilities. I don't recall seeing parents with the kids after that.

Lara
Old July 17th, 2004, 12:47 AM
HappyLady

Hi! My son, a very young 12, is the same way. We went to the get aquainted meeting with our son and encouraged him to participate in at least one of the activities so he could meet others. Unfortunately, he did not participate in any of the activities. He said it was 'too young' for him. He did meet a young man that he 'hung out' with for a bit. They swam, played ping-pong, cut through the teen disco to get to the game room, ate pizza constantly even after leaving the dining room, ate a bunch of soft serve ice cream and played some board games on the Lido deck. He loved his time on the boat! There are ways to keep them occupied even though they are not at the camp.

It would be nice if they had an 'older' camp carnival for the tweeners!

Good Luck!
--
Hap
Old July 18th, 2004, 05:23 PM
Cruise Maniac

my son was 10 last year and was adamant that he did not want to go to camp carnival. we convinced him to go with us to the meeting and then make a decision. let me tell you, he was one of the first in line to sign up. he had so much fun with the activities and making new friends. he even won a trophy in the ping pong tournament.
Old July 18th, 2004, 10:02 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks everyone. I know he will have a good time even if it is with us. I am just really hoping he likes some of the activities with the other kids. I have been telling him that each one seems to only last 30-45 min so if he doesn't like something he doesn't have to stay. Just try another one later one. I hope this works.
Old July 18th, 2004, 10:23 PM
cmcm

My son is also 10 and wasn't crazy about CC. My 8yr. old daughter didn't like CC at all, she said they were kind of mean so she didn't care to go. They wouldn't let my son and daughter stay together because they were not in the same age group. It ended up working out okay though because just as someone else said there is a lot for them to do around the ship that kept them busy. We used walkie talkies and they were able to do some adventuring on their own. At your son's age level, they can sign themselves in and out so if he gets to camp and doesn't like it just tell him where you will be and he can sign out and come find you. Don't worry about him getting lost, my kids knew the ship's layout before dawn of the second day, they led us around all week! You all will have a great time, and lots of fun memories for your son.