Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 28th, 2004, 02:31 PM
Wendyv2

Default oops, forgot to tell you-victory

i almost forgot, we were on board the ship by noon on sail date (we left at 5pm thursday 7/22) we got on very quick. it didn't take long to go through security, etc and all the places we had to before we got on. they do a good job there and they are quick at getting you on the ship

getting off the ship at the end of the cruise was another story. we got off to get our luggage, and they weren't lined up or sections weren't marked by color or anything. they were just thrown all over the place and it was like a free for all. people were stepping all over people's luggage and everything.

plus, we had to wait 1/2 hour for a cab. there were no shuttles to the airport. only cabs. so everyone needed a cabe. and it is metered fare. it cost us $60 to get to JFK by cab.
Sponsored Links
Old July 28th, 2004, 03:50 PM
I Cruise

Default Re: oops, forgot to tell you-victory

We were off the ship by 9 30am. We carried our own luggage. There was plenty cabs to take. They were waiting for passengers lined up at the curb. We waited 20 min for our ride to pick us up. Thats why I know this. They right in full view. I don't know where you were.
Old July 29th, 2004, 11:23 AM
First Mate

Send a message via MSN to Carey Send a message via Yahoo to Carey

Thanks Wendy, for the info and I Cruise - do you just enjoy making snide comments when others are trying to be helpful!?

For others leaving from NYC, in order to avoid taking a metered cab which can be expensive if you are stuck in traffic, you can arrange for a private car to come get you at the pier and take you to the aiport. You can even make the arrangements at the airport when you arrive before your cruise so that you dont have to worry about it while you are trying to get home. Just another option...

Old July 29th, 2004, 01:57 PM
Wendyv2

thank you Carey

this is for "I Cruise"- i dont' know if you got off the same ship in NYC as i did, but you had to get a ticket from the guy waving all the cabs in. you couldn't just jump into the first cab you saw. you had to wait until your number was called. our wait was 30 min and i had to wait until my color was called because my luggage was checked. ours was the last color called and we didn't get off the ship until 10:30am