A couple of days ago I booked two rooms for my family Cat. 8C on the Valor for June 5th. I called icruise back a couple of hours later and had them hold a triple (Cat. 8C) for my grandsons other grandparents. Needed the room held while grandmother talked to grandfather to make sure that was also what they wanted. Agent at icruise said he put hold on the room until I called him back to confirm for certain. I called icruise back within one hour put the deposit on the triple for other grandparents (room right next door to ours which is what we wanted). Today when I saw them as I was handing them the emailed confirmation I noticed that while the price was correct for 8C they had actually given them a 4E (across from us). This really upset all of us. I called icruise immediately to have them correct this matter (I pulled up on the computer and found that the triple next to us is still available). I still have not received a call back, thinking since maybe it was later on a Sat. night when I discovered the mistake they must be gone for the weekend. This is really upsetting to us since there are only 3 other triples available in this cat. left and none our close to us. Has anyone ever had this happen and how was it corrected? If the triple is gone on Monday I thought - well we will move our Cat. 8 to another double (but must have 4E across from it since grandkids will be in it) but there don't show to be any doubles available next to any triple in that Cat. left. Very upsetting.
Call CCL directly and book the room and then get your TA to take over the booking and change out of that inside. That is one weay to ensure that you get it. Either that or keep calling your agent until someone responds and confirms they have a hold on that specific cabin for you.
Yes, you would have to put down a deposit with CCL. You agent would then be able to get your deposit back for the other room and apply it to the new cabin. I would not recommend you do this in any normal sense of booking but if you feel that you MUST get this cabin immediately to ensure you get it then that would be the way to do so. It's rather messy to do it that way though I do admit but it could be done. I would not be too happy with your TA at the present time if they messed up that badly but that is something that you need to work out with them as a communications mis-step.