Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old August 18th, 2004, 07:41 PM
Yeoman

Default Advice from past cruisers from Carnival Glory

The wife and I are planning on sailing on the Glory out of Port Canaveral.We are use to driving to New Orleans port, but this time we are fling into Orlando.The last time I was in Orlando, was 20 yrs ago. I know alot has changed for sure.
My question is,
Need some information on some good hotel choices,and/or, Is there any hotels close by the airport, that will take you to the port the next morning. Also, any helpful advice you can give will help.
Thanks in advance for your input.
Happy cruising;
david
Sponsored Links
Old August 18th, 2004, 09:59 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Advice from past cruisers from Carnival Glory

We are flying into Orlando as well. We have not been able to find a hotel with transportation, but found a limosine service that is reasonable and will pick us up at the airport, then take us to port the next day and pick us up after cruise for about $60 per couple. ( we have a group of 6 cruisers)

Lesley
Old August 18th, 2004, 09:59 PM
mcsheehy

I just got back from that cruise the day after Hurricane Charley hit. I booked through Carnival and they set me up with flight tickets. Not only did they get me a deal less than expedia, but it also included transportation to and from the airport to Port Canaveral. I found out that it costs $25 per person one way to do that by yourselves on the shuttle, and it was included in my airline costs (which, as I said were already lower than expedia).
Old August 19th, 2004, 01:19 AM
Admiral

We flew in last year for the Glory, a wonderful cruise. We used The Cocoa Beach Shuttle to the Radisson at the Port then use the hotels free shuttle service to the ship the next day. It was too crowded! Call days before to put your name on the shuttle list. Some just took cabs to the ship.

We will be flying in next week 2 days early for the Mariner but we are renting a car from Budget, their drop off is next to the port and they have a free shuttle. We are staying at the Hampton Inn on A1A, too crowded at the Radisson and breakfast is free. I grew up in the area in the 60's and everything is close by.

Another option we almost did: Purchase round trip Carnival transfers, fly into Orlando, stay in a hotel near the airport (ie La Quinta on Frontera which is cheaper) the night before. They will pick you up and return you to the airport the next morning then you can catch the Carnival bus. We are doing this for our flight out the next day. Hope this helps. Have a great time!

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old August 19th, 2004, 02:28 PM
Yeoman

Thank you for all your input. I have printed this page for future use.

Happy cruising to all;
david
Old August 19th, 2004, 03:11 PM
.Bob B

The Orlando airport is about 50 - 60 min from the port. I rented a car from hertz found a rate of $27.00 and spent the first day checking out Cocoa Beach. The Raddison is a mess and gets way crowded from the cruise business. The problem with Raddison is they don't care because the cruise business is a given. I would stay at the Hampton or some other hotel right on the beach. The next morning return the car to Hertz and they take you to the port 5 min for free. On the way back take the Carnival bus or grap a group of people and hire a van
Old August 19th, 2004, 10:11 PM
Yeoman

Thanks Bob !

happy sailing to all;
david