CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Those who have cruised in May (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/199433-those-who-have-cruised-may.html)

anniversarycrusin August 28th, 2004 11:47 AM

Those who have cruised in May

Hubby and I will be cruising to Cozumel & Calica in May 2005 and I was wanting to hear from anyone who had cruised to those spots this past May. What was the weather like? Is it cool in the evenings?
Thanks,
Terri

Jim Bragg August 28th, 2004 11:55 AM

Re: Those who have cruised in May

Cruised in May a few times and no, Cozumel is never really cool. I think of it as very pleasant as it is in the mid 70's but I am from Florida. <G>
Jim

JudyKa August 29th, 2004 10:45 AM

We cruised last June 6th in the Western Carribean.......weather was warmish......rained occasionally; but didn't interfere with our fun. Had a blast

bjkeen August 29th, 2004 11:32 AM

I have cruised to Cozumel in May. Expect some showers but they usually pass soon. Hot, hot, hot weather. Bring plenty of sun screen, lip balm and your sunglasses. Wear cool comfortable clothing. Bring at least two comfortable pairs of shoes. I say this because I learned the hard way; I got caught in a shower in the Bahamas and had to wear high heels all weekend. Bring a light jacket or sweater because the air conditioning will feel cold after being out in the heat.

Enjoy your cruise!

steph_texas August 30th, 2004 01:30 AM

we were in Cozumel / Playa del Carmen first week of May this year... I can say it was NOT cool ! We were all very WARM !! I cant imagine how the people take the summer months...

anniversarycrusin August 30th, 2004 09:30 AM

Okay, so it looks like I am looking at WARM weather, which I will not object to. Thank you for the tip on bringing two pairs of comfortable shoes. I hadn't thought about one pair maybe getting wet. That is what I love about these boards....I always learn something new and useful! Thanks guys!

steph_texas August 30th, 2004 10:23 PM

hey AC, I was being saracastic when I said WARM... I meant it was HOT !!!

anniversarycrusin September 1st, 2004 07:11 AM

steph
I understand.....I will be packing lots and lots of sunblock. We went on a cruise like six years ago, very naive...thought I would be fine cause I had went to a tanning bed and gotten a really good tan before leaving......I still got burned to a crisp. Was burned so bad spent the last night of the cruise in our cabin, in tears and pain. I learned my lesson the very hard way.....ALWAYS USE SUNBLOCK!
Thanks for the info on the weather......looking forward to it.