Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 15th, 2004, 01:51 PM
Shan

Default Balcony on Legend

Hello,

My husband and I have taken 7 cruises and this will be our "First" Balcony.....Has anyone had a balcony on Legend and if so how nice is it/room, etc?

Thanks,
Shan Rose
GA
Sponsored Links
Old September 15th, 2004, 02:40 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Balcony on Legend

We had a regular balcony room on the Pride for our honeymoon (legends sister ship) and loved it ....The room is basically the same as the ocean view rooms but you have the balcony as well.........For our Oct 6 upcomming Legend cruise we booked a cat 11 suite with a wrap around balcony and I can not wait hope this helps Bonnie
Old September 15th, 2004, 07:08 PM
Janie Doe

I was just upgraded to a balcony on the Legend 09/28; but my parents spoiled themselves and went with a balcony last year on the Legend (my boyfriend and I took an interior cabin that time) The Balcony itself was probobly four feet out and about 8 or nine feet lengthwise. They usually put a lounge chair and another chair as well as a little table between the two. After having a balcony ourselves (on the Dawn) and from what my parents did on the Legend...Make sure you order room service-especially breakfast to eat out on your balcony. There was nothing better in the world than sitting out there with my cup of tea and bagel and watching the world go by.
Old September 15th, 2004, 09:23 PM
Shan

Default Re: Re: Balcony on Legend

Janie,

I will definately order room service now that I'm getting a balcony....Thanks for sharing
Old September 17th, 2004, 04:19 AM
First Mate

We loved our balcony. But now having had one we dont know if we can ever go back to a regular room.
Old September 17th, 2004, 11:05 AM
Shan

Default Re: Re: Balcony on Legend

Chuck,

This is what I'm afraid of.....I'll just have to start saving my money for our next cruise Oct. 2005
Old September 17th, 2004, 09:16 PM
Lenin Jersey

Previously, we had gotten an interior cabin on the Victory. We figured that on our short, 4 day cruise, it didn't matter since the only time we'd be in the room would be at night (with only 4 days, I wasn't going to spend all the time in my room)----and at night a room with a window looks just like one without.

We booked the same kind of room on our 8 day trip on the Legend this year. We were pleasantly surprised that we had been upgraded to a balcony room. It was REALLY, REALLY, nice. It seemed much, much larger than the interior cabin......almost the size of a regular hotel room. And on an 8 day trip, you actually DO spend time in the cabin. Since we had the late seating for dinner, I would often come back to my cabin after a day at the pool and spend an hour or 2 reading on my balcony. Very, very nice.
Old September 20th, 2004, 05:48 PM
Captain

Send a message via MSN to hockeyluver

We were spoiled and were bumped up to a balcony on the legend booked a 4a ended up with an 8f this cruise we are in an inside room but we sure loved the balcony expecially around 3 am when everyone is asleep except the fishies

Next up Elation Aug 23 '10
then the Miracle again Feb 7,2011
Miracle '10
Holiday '09
Legend '09
Triumph '08
Valor '07
Triumph '06
Fascination '04
Legend '03