Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old September 29th, 2004, 02:44 PM
Passenger

Default cabin change after docs received

We booked a guarantee OV and received our docs. The documents do not list a stateroom, only "Guaranteed Category OV" and our luggage tags are gray with "TBA". However, on the back of the documents following our booking number is M229 which (based on previous posts) leads me to believe we are assigned Main Deck 229. I'm not too happy cuz that's way in the back of the ship. Does anyone know if there is a possibilty that will still be changed or once it's added to the back of card in that long number/code it's set in stone?
Sponsored Links
Old September 29th, 2004, 03:03 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: cabin change after docs received

not sure about that Cheree, but we booked and oceanview guarantee and we actually got our room assignment (instead of TBA). we're on the back of the ship as well (U241), but we like being on the back of the ship. hope it changes for you! bon voyage!!

Old September 30th, 2004, 11:27 AM
Passenger

Thanks. Is there a particular reason you like the back of the ship. We've pretty much been center ship on previous cruises so I don't know how the back will be.
Old September 30th, 2004, 11:52 AM
Cruise Maniac

well, our room is literaly on the back (aft) of the ship and we can see the ship's wake from our window. it's just a cool view rather than the typical side view. we got excited when we saw we were on the Upper Aft. we've had a cabin back there once before on the Empress deck and loved it. plus, we're right near the stairs/elevator that take us straight up to the lido deck!

Old September 30th, 2004, 12:34 PM
Admiral

there is always the possiblity that you could get upgraded, no guarantees. Aft cabins are fine as long as they are not directly below a show lounge, disco or restaurant- lots of noise. You might feel a little bit more of a vibration from the engines, you will hear and feel the thrusters when you enter and exit port a bit more but that's about it.
Why don't you call your TA or Carnival and find out if you have a definite assigned cabin as of yet??
Unfortunatley what you are talking about is the drawback of booking a guarantee, you could get the lowest cabin class in your catagory