Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old July 26th, 2005, 10:23 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Ship's "SECRET" cabins

For the carnival I A cabins who do you book with the cruise line directly, I've noticed most web sites do not let you choose the exact cabin you get with a 1A, so there is still a chance you can get an inside since not all of these cabins have portholes. Just wondering for those of you who stayed in these cabins who did you book through and is there enough room for 2 people, are they very small?
Old July 26th, 2005, 10:40 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to TanSwi
Default Re: Re: Ship's "SECRET" cabins

Hi - I would love to see the pictures of the cabin overlooking the pool. Thank you.
Tania
TLSwiton@aol.com
Old July 27th, 2005, 07:37 AM
Cruise Maniac

To get a Category 1A cabin with windows or portholes you need to book a specific cabin and not a guarantee. Most 1A cabins are inside, and if you book a guarantee you could get upgraded to a 4A or higher inside cabin. I go online to Carnival.com and look at the cruises and find one that has 1A cabins available and pick one of the outside cabins. I then call my travel agent and tell her which cruise to book and which cabin I want. Iíve noticed this year that there are less 1A cabins available. Carnival is selling more cabins this year than they have in previous years. You need to book early to get one of the outside 1A cabins.

Inspiration - June, 2007
Carnival Valor - May, 2007
Carnival Glory - August, 2005
Carnival Glory - April, 2004
Carnival Destiny - April, 2001
Carnival Destiny - April, 2001
Sensation - September, 2000
Paradise - June, 2000
SS Norway - May, 1996
Fantasy - November, 1993
SS Norway - May, 1993
Old July 27th, 2005, 07:54 PM
Passenger

I booked my 1A porthole cabin through Priceline ... I was on the Victory.

A couple of pictures of it are over at my gallery (Eastern Caribbean May 1-8,2005) in the Cruisemates photo gallery (http://www.cruise-forums.com/gallery/view.php?id=2396).

Bear in mind it was one single on the floor, one single pulled down form the ceiling. That might not be the best accommodation for loving couples (not so bad for fighting ones though).
Old July 27th, 2005, 11:37 PM
Passenger

I'm not sure if this cabin is a secret, but we were on the Pride this summer and had cabin 7107. It is on the Verandah deck at the front of the ship and is huge. It's classified as a handicapped access room and when I booked it they tol me if someone required a room with that access our cabin would be changed. I would have had no problem with giving it up for that reason, but I booked it because it looked bigger on the diagram than the other inside or outside cabins. When I booked the Carnival Rep said that the deck plans might not be to scale, but if the cabin was bigger in the drawing that it would probably be bigger. The room was well over 200 sf, had a table, 3 chairs, a walk-in shower with folding seat large enough for 2, and plenty of counter and closet space. We had enough room to have some friends stop by for drinks and cards before dinner. It was a spacious, quiet, comfortable room for the price of the normal inside cabin on that deck. We loved it.

Azure Seas 1982
Celebration 2004
Pride 2005
Zuiderdam Smooth Jazz Cruise 2006
Valor 7/16/06

Zuiderdam Smooth Jazz Cruise 1/20/07

Carnival Conquest 6/10/07
Old July 28th, 2005, 01:09 PM
CandiPinki

The first and worst cabin we ever had was 3066 on the Norweigen Sea. It is all the way aft on the Atlantic deck so whenever the ship turned or the anchor was dropped, our cabin shook. I'm not talking about a little vibration, we had to hold onto things on the counter to keep them from falling off.

But it was our first cruise and we learned from it!
Old July 28th, 2005, 08:34 PM
sunnytropic

RCI Serenade - cabin #9590 - "hump" cabin with a slightly larger balcony. It is in the Deluxe Balcony category. It was nice having the larger balcony and also being right at midship!
Old July 29th, 2005, 02:04 AM
Admiral

Thanks for the info Robert, I will look into this!
Old July 30th, 2005, 05:59 PM
R&S

More info than secret...

If you want an Aft Balcony Cabin on the Conquest, the only room with a convertible sofa is room 6454. It makes it easy if you have more than two people in your room.

Old August 3rd, 2005, 12:01 PM
GregD

Default Re: Ship's

I would like to see the pictures of the VIP cabin overlooking the pool.
grd777@aol.com
Old September 7th, 2005, 04:24 PM
Cruise Maniac

Anyone have any suggestions for a balcony room on a Liberty/Conquest ship on the Upper deck? Or any suggestions on website to find out what cabins are available on this deck.

We are booked in rooms 6347 and 6359, but have been told that a band might set up shop all night below this area vibrating the entire cabin.

Royal Caribbean Majesty of the Seas 12/4/2009 Bahamas
Carnival Valor 3/9/2008 Eastern Caribbean
Royal Caribbean Voyager of the Seas 6/24/2006 Western Mediterranean
Royal Caribbean Freedom of the Seas 5/29/2006
Carnival Conquest 6/20/2004 Western Caribbean
Royal Caribbean Sovereign of the Seas 12/20/2002 Bahamas
Old September 7th, 2005, 08:57 PM
cruisinpaige

Heck Yeah I'm interested. I'd LOVE to see pics and find out how to book these suites! I have been in the Captains Cabin on Fantasy class which was pretty nice but I did not even know about the Mickey/Bob suite! THANKS!
Old September 8th, 2005, 07:11 AM
needgreen

I'd be interested in seeing the photos to the owner's suite on the fantasy class ships - are they posted anywhere -THANKS
Old September 8th, 2005, 08:26 AM
Admiral

Cabin U299 on Fascination is one of those awful cabins. Hubby and I had cabin U100 and my daughter and her 3 friends had U299.

First we had a heck of a time finding it as it was not in order of the cabins around it (we asked like 3 stewards for directions before finding it) and then when we found it it was considerably smaller then the cabin hubby and I had-it was as though a broom closet had been converted into a cabin.
Old September 10th, 2005, 04:07 AM
A.S.

Does anyone know if the Legend has the 1A cabins that have one twin bed and a couch that converts to a bed with 2 portholes?

Thanks for any info.
Old January 14th, 2006, 08:43 PM
Beginner

Quote:
Originally Posted by R&S
More info than secret...

If you want an Aft Balcony Cabin on the Conquest, the only room with a convertible sofa is room 6454. It makes it easy if you have more than two people in your room.
We have been so blessed.

On our last Carnival cruises (Oct 2005), we were looking, at first, into sailing the Mediterranean on RCCL. Then a call came from a PVP from Carnival in Aug 2004. I had placed my name on a Carnival WEB site form and, by gum, this vacation planner had a great deal for me. First she offers the $200 credit, then she put us in an 8A balcony cabin, which, clever of me, I had the layout of Conquest-class Carnival Liberty's cabins near the phone.

Wow, we got one of the extended balconies (Upper Deck 6481) for the same price we would have negotiated with RCCL! SHE WANTED OUR SALE!!! We were only happy to oblige.

It is understood that, because of threads like this one, you need to book quite well in advance any of these SECRET cabins. I just learned of one of the cabins I would go for next. But, the call of #6481 keeps haunting me !!!

Our room was very lovely. I loved that room... The configuration is l-shaped with little space for furniture other than table and chair, hence no sofa. **You have to know what your personal need is before you take this room.** If it's the extended balcony that appeals to you, then this is one you may consider.

Surprisingly, the Comfort Bed made the trip for us (We walked and walked and walked on our own tours). Never have I slept in such a comfortable bed on land nor at sea. The balcony was like extending the size of the room for us, only with a window/door bearing wall <g> Please make sure to ask your steward for the ... hey, I can't stop!!!

Suffice to say, when we returned and she had a follow-up call to us, we booked with her at a good price for the 3 person aft cabin on the Valor.

Wish us another great trip, this time with our granddaughter in tow. It has been her wish since she was nine to go with us on a cruise. Since she had been told to wait until she was 12, she apparently has been counting the years and checking with us about our future cruises. Oh. this is going to be FUN!
Old January 14th, 2006, 09:36 PM
Cruise Maniac

Default ? PVP ?

Dumb question, probably, but what is a PVP?
1/06 Island Princess - Hawaii
2/07 Sea Princess - Southern Caribbean
11/07 Golden Princess - Mexican Riviera
3/08 Diamond Princess - Hawaii
11/9/08 Tahitan Princess - Tahiti & French Polynesia

Booked cruises:
9/13/09 Star Princess - Alaska
3/14/10 Golden Princess - Hawaii
Old January 14th, 2006, 10:49 PM
Admiral

Personal Vacation Planner....

Teresa

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old January 15th, 2006, 01:31 PM
Beginner

Default I am sooooooooooo sorry...

I posted to this thread a long time ago and offered pic's of the Owner's Suite on the Sensation and never came back. Then I couldn't log in and gave up
Here they are, go to:
http://community.webshots.com/user/poolgalspics

Click on the Sensation Album.
I promiss I will ck back if you have any questions
Thx
Old August 28th, 2006, 07:15 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert6260
I have stayed in cabin 2462 on the Carnival Glory (should be the same for all Conquest class ships). This is a category 1A cabin (upper/lower) but it is outside and has two large windows (not port holes). The cabin on the opposite side of the ship is also the same (2465). These cabins are very nice and are in the least expensive category.
This cabin was available on a cruise on the Glory I was looking at booking for my Wife and I for next fall.
The Glory has upper and lower bunkbeds I presume.
Is there enough room to (or can you?) take the mattress off the upper bunk and place on the floor next to the lower bed?

I thought I had read that this same cabin on some of the Glory's sister ships (Liberty, Valor or Conquest), actually had 2 twin beds rather than the upper/lower berths.

Does anybody know if this is true or have any information? (or was I mis-reading an older post)

I have to say, it sounds like a great deal to get an Ocean View for the price of the cheapest cabin on the ship.

Thanks in advance for any help.....
Bill
Old October 27th, 2007, 02:06 AM
Beginner

is the info on this website accurate, if so, it has square footage for all the staterooms..
http://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/Ca...on/empress.htm
Old October 27th, 2007, 02:05 PM
Admiral

Send a message via ICQ to misguidedangel

I have one for you. I was on the Holiday in 1991 and the cabin I had was adequate, but they didn't quite tell you what was two decks above. I went twin share and I can see why they used these cabins as twin share.

CCL Holiday cabin U217 (Upper deck)-oceanview at the very back of the ship.
Problem with the cabin--the winches and hawsers to tie up to the dock are two decks above. Now, if the ship ids docking at 7am and tied up to the dock earlier or on time, be prepared to wake up when the shiup docks because you will HEAR the ropes being drawn out and tightened up.....yes, it takes more than a few seconds folks....be prepared to be up early. I think this would also apply to all cabins to the left and right of U217.

I had a great time though!

1991 Holiday
2007 Victory & Triumph
2008 Conquest & Liberty
2009 Valor, Freedom, and Splendor
2010 Glory and Liberty
2011 Glory

I gotta go where it's warm.....

Over 40 victim of fate.....
Old October 28th, 2007, 04:30 PM
Familiar Face

On the Legend we stayed in room 6232, normal room inside but the deck was three times the lenght of normal. Our view was great since the life boats were a deck below us, but they actully lower to deck 4 for use. What I did notice is that our section is recessed from the rest of the ship so while on the balcony there was not as much of a breeze, sometimes it was just stiffle air. It had two chairs one converted to a lounger, our steward obtained two more for us.
Carnival Destiny 25Oct08 rm1120
Carnival Legend 30Sept07 rm6232 Great Balcony
Carnival Valor 10Sept06 rm1011
Carnival Holiday 08May06 rmE47
Commodore Enchanted Isle 09Sept98 rm465
Old October 28th, 2007, 09:35 PM
Cruise Maniac

We were lucky enough to stay in two of the previously mentioned "secret" cabins. We stayed in two of the partially obstructed view cabins on the Disney Magic. The cabins were connecting, and in our room the view was obstructed very minimally. We woke up to the most amazing sunrise the first morning! We felt we had made the deal of the century. Then three months later my husband and I stayed in one of the extended balcony cabins on the Spirit during our Hawaiian cruise. Talk about surprised. We had so much room, and many nights we would take drinks back to our cabin and lay on the lounge chairs and just watch the islands go by. Then in the morning we usually ate breakfast out there. Like a previous poster said, we were separated from the elevators by the room with the ice machine, and only a couple of times did we hear any noise from there. All in all, it was a very quiet room. The only noise I heard was a "neighbor" on her cell phone while on her balcony telling someone how crappy the food was in the dining room and how they would never sail Carnival again. They had every meal delivered via room service the rest of the 12 day cruise, and from the number of dishes outside their door everyday they ate A LOT of food!

I sail again in 20 days!
Woo Hoo!
Old October 29th, 2007, 06:47 AM
First Mate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bguppies
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert6260
I have stayed in cabin 2462 on the Carnival Glory (should be the same for all Conquest class ships). This is a category 1A cabin (upper/lower) but it is outside and has two large windows (not port holes). The cabin on the opposite side of the ship is also the same (2465). These cabins are very nice and are in the least expensive category.
This cabin was available on a cruise on the Glory I was looking at booking for my Wife and I for next fall.
The Glory has upper and lower bunkbeds I presume.
Is there enough room to (or can you?) take the mattress off the upper bunk and place on the floor next to the lower bed?

I thought I had read that this same cabin on some of the Glory's sister ships (Liberty, Valor or Conquest), actually had 2 twin beds rather than the upper/lower berths.

Does anybody know if this is true or have any information? (or was I mis-reading an older post)

I have to say, it sounds like a great deal to get an Ocean View for the price of the cheapest cabin on the ship.

Thanks in advance for any help.....
Bill
My friend and I had 2462 and 2465 on the Conquest last year. I can tell you that both of these rooms had twin beds on the floor. These are great rooms for the price. Only drawback is the vibration and noise from the thrusters.

Celebration 2/96
Imagination 2/97
Fascination 12/97
Imagination 3/99
Spirit 11/01
Sensation 1/02
Pride 11/02
Voyager of the Seas 5/03
Conquest 10/04
Conquest 10/29/06
Inspiration 11/08
Celebrity Solstice 2/09
Oasis of the Seas 10/16/10
Old October 29th, 2007, 09:00 AM
Passenger

Cabin 6459 on the Triumph is a catagory 8a and has double the balcony, double the storage space, double the windows and is an L shaped configuration. Its basically like having a 9A without paying double the price. We are booked to go in a few weeks! So exciting!!!
Old October 29th, 2007, 09:33 AM
Admiral

Send a message via Yahoo to Luanne Russo

This is such an old thread. Kuki, did you ever write that article?
Conquest 2006
Conquest 2007
Ecstasy 2008
Valor B2B 2008

Conquest Virtual Cruise Topic Link
Old January 21st, 2008, 05:28 PM
Passenger

Default Carnival Victory suites

Are any of the carnival victory cat. 12 suites better than others?
Old January 22nd, 2008, 09:48 AM
Captain

L103 and L104 on the Caribbean Princess and I think the Crown Princess are both very nice. L103 is slightly larger than L104, its 193 s.f. and listed as a obstructed OV. There is a door next to the cabin where you can walk out on the deck in front and watch the sunset. L103 has a slightly better bed configuration some think, I believe it is 187 s.f, still larger than a regular OV.

btw do not book L101 or L102 which are very tiny and both have a bar across the window with a more blocked view, only the two outside cabins are huge with the lovely view of the port when you wake up.

[/img]
Old January 22nd, 2008, 02:19 PM
Captain

You did say all cruise lines right? Im trying to remember the site for the secret cabins for Disney, like some that have some obstruction they downgraded a category or two. the top inside category has a few secret port hole cabins. The sideways cabins that are a cat 11, have all the amenties of the 10s? or something like that, they have the steamer truck that the other 11s dont have and people say they are more roomy.

I found the link thru this site, since you are the mod here, if Im not allowed to post this, just remove the link, but they put the link and info about secrets all the time.

http://www.disboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=9

edited because forgot how to post URL