CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Best Beach in Cozumel? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/200574-best-beach-cozumel.html)

sunnymom02 November 15th, 2004 09:37 AM

Best Beach in Cozumel?

Just wondering what would be the best beach to go to at Cozumel. We would want a beach that offers parasailing and has good food and maybe some shopping nearby? Please help! Also, I know there are a lot of taxi's by the pier where you get off the boat, but if you take a taxi to a beach, are there taxi's available to catch when you need a ride back into town? Are they plentiful at the beaches? or is this something to be concerned about. Thanks.'

Sunnymom02

Conquest 4/05
Sensation 2/03

hockeyluver November 15th, 2004 09:59 AM

Re: Best Beach in Cozumel?

I am also interesting in finding this info out!!

Happy Camper November 16th, 2004 02:12 PM

Sorry - only know of one beach really well because that is the one we always recommend for snorkeling and scuba diving. That is Chankannaab Park. It is a marine park and has open air restaurants that I have eaten at, lagoon with hiking trails around, minature golf, the Dolphin Encounter/Swim, snorkeling and scuba diving and much much more - there are also some shopps there. It is a $10 cab ride and $12 per person to get in. Extra for the rest but it is a big beach with umbrellas and chairs already there and very clean white sand. We love the diving there so when we have others with us and want to all go to the same place we go there so we can dive while they shop, eat, drink and play. :) :) I do not remember ever seeing parasailing there though sorry. A lot of times the taxi drivers can help and actually I bet if you do a google search on Cozumel beaches you will find a lot because the island is becoming another Cancun and getiing way too over delveloped.. Debbie

hockeyluver November 16th, 2004 04:08 PM

k thanks for the info

sunnymom02 November 17th, 2004 08:47 AM

Thanks for your info!

Sunnymom02

LisaK November 17th, 2004 09:04 AM

Paradise Beach, Playa del Sol and Mr. Pancho's are great beaches.
Taxis are plentiful, no need to worry about that.

hockeyluver November 18th, 2004 09:57 PM

Is there an excursion to Paradise Beach with the carnival???

LisaK November 19th, 2004 09:04 AM

hockeyluver, there is no need to book a ships tour to Paradise Beach, you can get there very easily by cab, its much cheaper and you can go when you want to, not when the ship wants you to.

hockeyluver November 19th, 2004 01:15 PM

I guess i just have the fear of the unknown dont want to miss the boat. Thank you for the info we are definintly going to look into it, anything to save us money ( better spent on the more important things like shopping!!)

soccermom November 19th, 2004 09:51 PM

passion island... don't cheap out after spending so much on your cruise. .. no kids, no bar bill, so crowds.. .. wonderful .. just like the CORONA ads.. Go Irvin !!

hockeyluver November 19th, 2004 10:25 PM

Ah but there will be kids my own

sunnymom02 November 20th, 2004 10:04 AM

We did the Passion Island Tour last time and had a WONDERFUL time! It was well worth the money spent!!! We would like to try something different this time tho :) Thanks for all of the input!

Sunnymom02

Conquest 4/2005
Sensation 2/2003

Pitchblue November 21st, 2004 11:41 AM

Re: Re: Best Beach in Cozumel?

Chaanapaak park, or whatever it's called, is awesome and we highly reccomend it.
Maybe it's the tropical drinks served in hollowed out Pineapples...
There are continuous cabs in and out of there so you don't need a tour...
Kevin