Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old December 9th, 2004, 06:54 PM
Passenger

Default Cabin Assignment

I have been given cabin 8335 on The Destiny. It's at the very back of the ship. I have never been on a cruise before. Is this a good room or not? I booked way back in May for a January cruise. I'm hoping this isn't a bad thing!

Sharon
Sponsored Links
Old December 9th, 2004, 07:26 PM
First Mate

Default Re: Cabin Assignment

Hi Sharon. I've never had a cabin at the very back of the ship like that. I've been toward the back before but never the very very back like that. I think however it would be cool to have that cabin. I love going to stand at the back of the ship and look to see where we've been. Seeing the trail just goes on and on, its very pretty. Also looking down to see the water being all stired up from under the ship is very fascinating to watch.... in my opinion. It is so relaxing to hear the water passing up from under the ship. I'm sure you will enjoy it. :-)

Kim

Happy Cruising!
07/30/95 - Fantasy
12/19/97 - Ecstasy
07/26/99 - Imagination
04/01/00 - Grandeur of the Seas
04/01/01 - Carnival Victory
03/29/03 - Carnival Triumph
11/11/04 - Sensation

*Kim*
07/30/95 - Fantasy
12/19/97 - Ecstasy
07/26/99 - Imagination
04/01/00 - Grandeur of the Seas
04/01/01 - Carnival Victory
03/29/03 - Carnival Triumph
11/11/04 - Sensation
04/17/07 - Imagination (again)
Old December 11th, 2004, 12:13 AM
mimii

Dear Sharon,
In a couple of weeks, I'm going to cruise for the first time with Carnival, but not on the Destiny. However, I took a look at the ship's plan to see where your room is. I cruised with Royal Caribbean three years ago (our first cruise), and we had a room like that at the back of the ship, in fact, it was almost the identical configuration. We had two of them, one for my husband and me, and another for our adult children. Our travel agent got those rooms for us because she thought we would like them, and they were beyond wonderful. They were out of the hustle-bustle, but not far from anything. We enjoyed looking off our balcony at where we had been. When we pulled into a port or out of one, we were able to watch the unfolding splendor in almost complete privacy. There was no extra noise there (my husband is a light sleeper), and there wasn't much rocking either. I cannot say if this will be the case for the Destiny, or if it is this nice on any other ships, but on the RC Radiance it was truly magnificent. I suspect you have gotten yourself a wondferful deal, and are about to embark on the vacation of a lifetime - rejoice!
Old December 11th, 2004, 12:58 PM
Admiral

I have sailed on the Destiny a couple of times back a few years ago. I haven't stayed in that particular cabin ( 8335 ) but many would consider it to be a prize. You were either lucky or chose wisely. Relax and don't worry about what may or may not be. You have an excellent cabin. I would look over the Carnival brochure and get familiar with the layout of the ship beforehand. It helps a lot.
Enjoy.
Old December 12th, 2004, 07:54 AM
Passenger

Thanks very much for all your comments! I'm feeling very good about what we got. I can't wait to experience my first cruise!

Sharon
Old December 14th, 2004, 01:10 AM
CindyK

My sister and I have an aft cabin on the Pride in April. Our TA almost jumped for joy when he was able to get it for us. He said its a great cabin location and most people love it. Personally I don't think any cabin on a cruise ship is a bad choice! Some just have a little extra to offer.
Old December 15th, 2004, 05:14 PM
Cruise Maniac

We had an aft cabin on the Triumph and it was great, I can't imagine a better place on the ship.
Old December 15th, 2004, 06:29 PM
Admiral

We have always enjoyed our balcony room so this last cruise we thought we would try the much talked about aft cabins. We were so excited and thought we were in heaven when we stepped out on our extended balcony on the Spirit, room 4230. Boy were we wrong and disappointed as the week went on. Probably because we were on the 4th deck, very close to the ocean, it was so loud. I couldn't even read a book outside nor did we enjoy our breakfast out there. Maybe it wouldn't have been so bad if we were on a higher deck. It was nice to experience it once but we have decided to stick with the balcony rooms in the middle of the ship. JMHO

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old December 16th, 2004, 07:35 PM
First Mate

I am booked on Destiny July 2005 (our second time, although some different ports.) While researching all I can on this, I saw a post that read: Get up real early as you come into Dominica the Dolphins often like to play in the ships wake." Now your back balcony cabin should be the perfect view if the dolphins make an appearance.
Please post your travel experiences and port tours when you return I look forward to reading them.

Carnival Destiny June 2001, July 2005
NCL Southward June 1985 Honeymoon!
Old December 24th, 2004, 04:51 PM
Cruise Maniac

Thanks for the dolphin info. We are sailing in April!
Old December 25th, 2004, 11:33 AM
Passenger

Oh man you will enjoy the aft cabins! In my opinion it is the smoothest sailing area on Destiny class ships.

We had an aft cabin on Victory (sister ship to Destiny) this past August. Returning to New York from Canada we sailed through 18 foot seas and gale force winds and felt NOTHING!

Enjoy yourself!

Victory - 2003
Inspiration - 2004
Victory - 2004
Glory - 2005
Holiday - 2005