Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old January 2nd, 2005, 06:23 PM
Captain

Send a message via MSN to hockeyluver
Default bummer of a cruise

I need to vent! We went on the Fascination Dec 13-17 , about 2 hours out of Key West someone fell ill and they turned around to bring the person back to Key West , heard they refused to be air lifted, well they decided to detour and go to the bahama's instead. There were a heck of alot of people pissed off. We dont understand why they couldnt continue on to Cozumel we would have just arrived a little later instead we turned around and spent a sea day going through a cold front which made the day cold and misserable out. It didnt help the mood of the passengers either. They had to "fit" us in at the Bahama's so we ended up spending less time in port than we would have in Cozumel, one of the teens my daughter met on the cruise was from nassau so needless to say they were really pissed and bummed!! We were really disappointed too. Good thing about the cruise was I got to meet suzyq and Dee from the cruisemates boards!!!

Next up Elation Aug 23 '10
then the Miracle again Feb 7,2011
Miracle '10
Holiday '09
Legend '09
Triumph '08
Valor '07
Triumph '06
Fascination '04
Legend '03
Sponsored Links
Old January 3rd, 2005, 05:22 AM
BigCraig

Default Re: bummer of a cruise

Amazing how they altered/ ruined the itinerary for just 1 il person, if they refused airlift they should have been forced to stay until the next scheduled port, IMO.
Hope CCL is offering compensation/ discounts for missing wonderful Cozumel and going to the bahamas(YUK).
Old January 3rd, 2005, 12:53 PM
Captain

I hope so too!! I sent them a letter, included my booking numbers and cabin numbers as well as my booking number for my next cruise. One thing i didnt mention, they announced on the loud speaker the next day that the person was now in satisfactory condition. I agree they should have made them take the air lift and the rest of the family get off at the next port. Hopefully we will be compensated in some form. My oldest is still getting upset when ever she hears the song "What happens down in Mexico" by Toby Keith heaven forbit they show a corona comercial on T.V.!!

Miracle '10
Holiday '09
Legend '09
Triumph '08
Valor '07
Triumph '06
Fascination '04
Legend '03
Old January 5th, 2005, 03:29 PM
First Mate

I am so sorry about your cruise, but I had to laugh at this last post! Everytime I see a corona commercial or hear that song, I think about my upcoming cruise in 65 days!
Old January 5th, 2005, 04:29 PM
Passenger

Im so sorry things didnt go well for you. I know how much you were all looking forward to your vacation.
Old January 5th, 2005, 08:00 PM
Captain

Keeping my fingers crossed that everything goes a wee bit better the next one!! So far one great experience on the Legend and this bummer on the Fascination.

Miracle '10
Holiday '09
Legend '09
Triumph '08
Valor '07
Triumph '06
Fascination '04
Legend '03
Old January 5th, 2005, 08:07 PM
FrankP

Same type of thing happened to us several years ago on the Inspiration. A sick passenger had to be taken to Key West so we missed out going to Jamaica. We wanted to do some shopping and see the beaches in Ocho Rios but we got to go to the USA. They also announced the next day the passenger was doing fine. We thought it was very strange.
Old January 5th, 2005, 08:25 PM
Captain

Very strange indeed!!! Expecially ours since we were only 2 hours out of key west

Miracle '10
Holiday '09
Legend '09
Triumph '08
Valor '07
Triumph '06
Fascination '04
Legend '03
Old January 6th, 2005, 09:24 AM
suzyq501

Hey hockeyluver,

how are you? how was the rest of your vacation? it was great meeting you as well. I have to agree with you - that it was awful - I was wanting to write a letter too - who did you send it to? I just got back last night to a wonderful freezing rain, snow storm and a friggen cold too!!! not to sure why I am at work today!!!

I have to agree that it was awful - all the stories that went around - it would of been better if they told the truth!!!

Bahamas wasn't that great either - sorry. My reason for booking this was to go to Cozumel and that never happened!!!

I am glad that I made some good friends. Hopefully when I decide to book another cruise this won't happen!!

Suzyq
Old January 10th, 2005, 05:54 PM
Passenger

hey hockeyluver - how's it going? not to sure if you saw my previous post - thought i would bump it up!!!
Old January 11th, 2005, 03:26 PM
Travelsonic

Somebody had a heart attack on our cruse (Carnival Glory, 12-25-04 - 1-1-05) I heard, and had to be airlifted, but we weren't diverted, I wonder why you guys were diverted there.
Old January 11th, 2005, 03:39 PM
Captain

Hey suzyq u have mail. We were wondering the same thing since we werent that far away that they couldnt be airlifted from what we heard they refused it .

Miracle '10
Holiday '09
Legend '09
Triumph '08
Valor '07
Triumph '06
Fascination '04
Legend '03