CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   Vegan definition (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/201604-vegan-definition.html)

Angela Martin January 25th, 2005 08:27 PM

Vegan definition

Yes, vegan is no animal products whatsoever, but I'll admit to fudging A LITTLE when it comes to bread and pasta. These can contain eggs and/or dairy products, but it's EXTREMELY unpractical to be a "food cop" and try to hunt someone down every time you order a sandwich! I"m not a purist, but I try to do the best I can in all situations. I've been on 4 other cruises, but I wasn't vegan at the time, so I'm hoping this experience will be as great as the others.

I got a little spoiled on my last cruise with Princess, though! The non-stop movies(5-6 per day) and movies in the big theatre were great and having 3-4 entertainment choices every night was wonderful, too. They were also staggered so you could catch a Vegas style show and then check out a magician/comedian, etc.

Looking forward to the whole experience. Work has been a bear and I NEED a vaction.

Angie

tamie January 25th, 2005 08:50 PM

Re: Vegan definition

Angie,

You should enjoy yourself then. On the Imagination they do not have movies 24/7 in the room, but you have plenty of shows to take in. I was on the 5 day cruise and they had two vegas style shows, comedians and movies in the lounges during the day. You may want to check out Barry's act in the Mirage Piano Bar. He is very entertaining, of course be ready in case he decides to pick on you in fun a bit. One dessert that we had that I really really liked was the chocolate decadence. I have to confess I had two of them. It is a mixture of dark chocolate and milk chocolate, so not to sweet but oh was it ever good. I hope they have that on your cruise because that was the best. (that is saying a lot because I am not a huge sweets fan).

If you aren't overly strict with the no animal products at all in your diet then the vegetarian menu should be wonderful for you. Now with the pizza, you can get them to make up a special pizza for you. They were more than accomodating when I had a special request. The mushrooms that they had for the pizza's were really really good. I also had their veggie burgers at the burger bar that were very very good.

Which, itenerary are you going on?

Angela Martin January 25th, 2005 10:22 PM

Re: Re: Vegan definition

I'll be going on the 5 day out of Miami to Grand Cayman and Ocho Rios. I've been to both places before, but I'm really looking forward to getting back to Jamaica and doing Dunn's River Falls again, this time with the husband.

I'm looking forward to the cruise a lot. I looked all over to find a resort or something for vacation and went back to cruising because it really is a good deal. Resorts are so expensive and don't offer nearly as much entertainment, etc.

Angie

tamie January 26th, 2005 09:21 AM

Angie,

I loved Dunn's River Falls. We took the ships tour that went on the Cool Runnings Catamaran back and forth. Now if you love a high energy group that will party on the way to the falls and back, you will ove that excursion. I don't know if there is a way to go on the catamaran on your own or not. If you decide to do it, be cautioned that rum punch that they serve on the way back is very strong. Most of us decided to mix it with a lot more punch to try to drink it.

digitaldave January 26th, 2005 10:43 AM

Re: Re: Vegan definition

Hey Angela, will you be leaving on the 31? Just curious, me and my wife will be on that cruise(my 1st, her 2nd) and we can't contain ourselves.

digitaldave January 26th, 2005 10:52 AM

COUNTDOWN CLOCK:
http://www.cruisemates.com/countdown...=31&hour=13:30

Angela Martin January 28th, 2005 11:04 PM

Re: Re: Re: Vegan definition

Nope...we're leaving on the 19th of February!!! Should be fun...now only if I can stay in shape for the ship. Three weeks and counting, 'cuz I wanna be cute for pictures & stuff!

Angie

tamie January 29th, 2005 10:38 AM

Angela,

Turn slightly at an angle when pictures are taken, that always helps. <VBG>