Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 21st, 2005, 11:39 AM
Passenger

Default Carnival Customer Service

Call it my curosity, but has anyone else found Carnivals Customer Service to be useless??? It's like talking to a brick wall trying to get something out of these people. I have an issue, I've called customer service. The standard reply is : the computer system is being upgraded, call back in 6 months. WHAT A LOAD OF $#!*. I've emailed customer service, nobody will reply. This is extremely fustrating...
Sponsored Links
Old February 21st, 2005, 12:06 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Carnival Customer Service

You called 1-800-Carnival? Why not?
Jim

Old February 21st, 2005, 12:37 PM
Passenger

I am trying to get my previous guest number. Sounds pretty simple, no? My wife was able to lookup hers. Now, how is it that my wifes number was entered into Carnivals computer system, while I was in the same room for a week and I can't get mine. I have called 1-800-Carnival, but it does me no good. I always get the same response...

"Sir, we cannot find your number in the computer, but we see that you were on the ship"...

OK - well create a number for me.

"I cannot do that - the system won't let me".

OK - so when will the system generate a number for me?

"The system is being upgraded, perhaps this is due to a glitch. Try again in a few months, sometimes it takes the computer up to 6 months to create a past guest number".

I cannot get anywhere beyond this level of support ( or lack thereof ). Perhaps I'm taking this out of context, but after 6 months of being told "... try again in 6 months... " I have had it.

As far as sending an email to Customer Support, nobody will reply to me -- I've tried.
Old February 21st, 2005, 01:11 PM
Cruise Maniac

I've been real lucky. No problems with our rep or through email correspondence. They had all of our info from our last cruise in their system. Guess I've been real lucky.

CARNIVAL CELEBRATION 6/03

CARNIVAL ELATION 8/05
Old February 21st, 2005, 01:21 PM
Admiral

I had a similar problem with getting my past guest number. It wouldn't come up in the system when I registered with Carnival's website and they weren't able to find it when I called in. I have a rather difficult hyphenated name, the last part of it is not phonetically friendly. No one has ever been able to pronounce it correctly, let alone spell it. I was getting frustrated too, because I had the irresistable urge to book another cruise as soon as we got back from our first one. I then had a brilliant idea. I looked at my sign and sail card from the previous cruise. Whoever typed my name in, dropped the hyphen and then added a couple of extra spaces in between the names. As soon as I put my info in as it appeared on my sign and sail card my past guest number came up. If that fails for you, I would go back to the person who originally booked your first cruise and ask them to obtain it on your behalf. Also all of ours were in sequence, for example my hubbys ended in 12, mine ended in 13, the kids were 14 and 15. Logic would dictate that if you were the customer of record on the previous cruise (1st passenger) and your wife was the second passenger your number would be one digit off from your wifes. However, as we know logic does not always apply here. I can also tell you that the spelling of your name that is registered on Carnival's website has to match exactly to what was in your original customer record for it to come up on the website. If you give them your wifes number and you both were in the same cabin etc... they should be able to supply you with that. I understand how maddening this is... Hope it helps!
Old February 22nd, 2005, 06:57 AM
Cruise Maniac

Old February 22nd, 2005, 08:55 AM
Cruise Maniac

I can't believe you've been dealing with this for six months!

Have you written a letter (not email) to Carnival in Miami?

Do you receive "Currents" magazine? Your past guest number is just before your name on the mailing label.
Old February 22nd, 2005, 10:16 AM
Passenger

Ok, I am now writing a letter to...

CARNIVAL CRUISE LINES
3655 N.W. 87TH AVENUE, MIAMI, FLORIDA, 33178
MIAMI Florida 33178
U.S.A.

I am just afraid that this will go straight to " Customer Service ", at which point I will get the same level of " service " that I have been getting...

We have never recieved any issue of "Currents", nor have my parents - with whom we traveled last year and will travel with again this year. They, like us, have had to go through this torture to get their numbers. Not only have I been trying, so has my travel agent. In fact, it was the travel agent who was able to finally get their numbers. She has also been trying to get ours, but she can't get anything out of them either.

Computer glitch or not, it should not be this difficult to get something done. Obivously, I have to be in the computer system or I never would have been able to board the ship in the first place.

What else can I do?

Thanks to all for the suggestions
Old February 22nd, 2005, 10:41 AM
Cruise Maniac

I would put , ATTN: BOB DICKINSON in big bold letters on the envelope. Can't hurt.
Old February 22nd, 2005, 12:50 PM
hunnibee

That is wild.......My little sis and her hubby where on the Holiday 8 yrs ago. We are all planning another trip. They had no idea what there past numbers where so we called and the lady said that she seen her hubbys number but not hers and in less then 30 seconds it was done. She had a number for her self. This was 3 weeks ago when we did this. The person she talked to was very informative and very polite.
Old February 22nd, 2005, 02:22 PM
Cruise Maniac

why is it so important to have your past guest number? new year, new ship, new cruise. i dont think i need it. if its for the past guest party then maybe. but i tryed that a few years ago on a cruise and all the booze was gone in 15 minutes lol.
Old February 22nd, 2005, 05:08 PM
Cruise Maniac

Isle, you need to try it again. The waiters don't stop bringing drinks around until the last guest leaves. It's only about a 45 minute party. I'd never pass up comp hors d'oeuvres and cocktails. What ship were you on? There's always a bar set up in the room as well as waiters with trays. You can go to the bar and get whatever you want. Must've been a lonnnng time ago when you went to a past guest party?