Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old February 21st, 2005, 02:19 PM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Carnival_CD_AndiKX Send a message via Yahoo to Carnival_CD_AndiKX
Default That special moment.

I would like to know about everybodys special moment that he or she had on the ship to make you fall in love with cruiseing.

My special moment was performing on the Carnival Celebration in the adult talent show and made me fall hard on the deck in love with Carnival and its wonderfull cruise.

I will share more with everyone later about the really special moments of life on board.
As a guest I might add.

Bon Voage on this post maties.
Sponsored Links
Old February 21st, 2005, 02:28 PM
Admiral

Default Re: That special moment.

We stumbled into cruising without knowing much about it. Booked our first cruise on Crown Princess and 5 weeks later headed off to Ft Lauderdale. Due to some delays we arrived very late and we were staying at a Holiday Inn (now has another name). We arrived in the dark and stumbled up to our room. We could have been in Cleveland for all we knew. We had no idea where we were .
At about 530 am I awoke to some noise outside and after a few minutes I got up and peeked my head out through the curtains. It turned out that our room faced the intercoastal and my view, just a few hundred yards away was our ship. All lit up, deck lights ablaze, with a rising sun just beginning to shed dawns light onto her all white hull. Could there be a more glorious sight? The hook was set and cruise #14 happens in two months.
The hook sank before I ever got on the ship.
Old February 21st, 2005, 05:10 PM
First Mate

Send a message via Yahoo to TC(Top-Cat)

Took my first cruise with my then 15 year old old after a particularly trying time in our lives. It was special from beginning to end and so peaceful. The five day cruise seamed to have lasted much longer.

My DH became hooked when cruise on our honeymoon in 2002.

Now I am booked on my 5th for May ist.

On Glory - 05-06-06

Sensation,Jubilee ,Maj.of the Seas,Conquest, Victory.
Old February 21st, 2005, 06:23 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to cherylroy

My first experience was when our senior class went on a cruise for the class trip -- -and love boat it was. How awesome to see NOTHING but blue water around you! Each cruise gets better and better!
cheryl
Old February 22nd, 2005, 12:22 AM
Captain

there are so many special moments that it's hard to choose just one! the awsum sight of seeing the ship for the first time, the sail away- as you leave your worries behind, hubby says it's the all around pampering that makes him feel special plus a balcony to relax on! For me it's the entire process... from scheming and planning our next cruise to the booking and boarding...the opportunity to leaves life's stresses behind and feel special and pampered for a brief time. Knowing a cruise is somewhere in the future brightens my day and reminds me that there is a light on at the end of the tunnel!

Akcruiser
Old February 22nd, 2005, 05:56 AM
Captain

Send a message via Yahoo to wakedreams

Watching the Love Boat as a kid, I used to think about someday going on a cruise.
Twenty something (?) years later.....I took my first cruise in 2002
and it was everything I dreamed of and so much more.

My favorite part is watching the wake behind the ship.....especially at sail-away leaving port & watching the land slowly disappear.

11 more days until I fly to Miami .....for another adventure.

Carnival Triumph 11/2008
Carnival Celebration 10/2007
Carnival Victory 11/2006
Disney Wonder 1/2006
Carnival Legend 10/2005
Carnival Victory 3/2005
Carnival Triumph 8/2004
Carnival Sensation 6/2002
Old February 22nd, 2005, 07:57 AM
Yeoman

It began for the wife and I in 1999, on a cruise that was practically gave to us. This was on the Enchanted Isle, out of New Orleans. Once onboard , we knew that this was going to be all of our vacations to come . No more theme parks for us !
It only took the crew a couples days to spoil us. With 5-star service with the staff, all the food,Dining room service, show's, entertainment, and the tropical atmosphere onboard the ship, we where totally hooked ! Now, this is the only vacation we take.
Hopefully, oneday, we will be able to go on 2-cruises a year.

Smooth sailing, and sunny skies to all;
david
Old February 22nd, 2005, 08:11 AM
First Mate

Well, our vacations usual consisted of Theme Parks and campgrounds. My husband decided on my 30th birthday to fly me out to Couples Ocho Rios. While traveling from the Montego Bay airport to Ocho Rios we passed by the Cruise Dock in Ocho Rios and I was amazed how big the ships were and in passing comment said we should look into that. Well, the following year I booked a 7 day on the inspiration. We live 45 minutes away from New Orleans so traveling from there is great for us. Anyway, what made me decided that all my vactions from then on was going to be cruises is the fact that when I woke up the next morning and looked out my window, all I saw was beautiful water and just the miles of nothing around. When we went up to the top of the boat we saw how beautiful the sun looked on the water in the early morning. There was nothing around us but water. In that moment I felt like I was in my own little private world. I for one brief instant wasn't worring about the kids, the pets, the house, the job, the bills. Everything, I was worried about leaving for a week when I boarded that ship just didn't bother me at that second and I felt released for all the stressful things I have to deal with day to day. That was worth a million in gold. In a few days I will be bringing my new sister-in-law and can't wait for her to get that first breath of fresh air and forget about everything back home for just a few days.

Old February 22nd, 2005, 07:45 PM
chefkel22

As watchers of the Love Boat growing up, cruising always seemed like a dream vacation. That was until last April. Our dream finally came true. After going through a life is too short period, we booked our very first Carnival Cruise. We ventured out on a 5 night Western Caribbean on the Sensation. The four of us (yes, we took our 9&10 year olds with us - they love to travel as much as we do) boarded our ship in Tampa.

After a wonderful couple of days at sea, the beautiful sunsets, the delicious food and wonderful entertainment (both for the adults as well as for the kids) we were enjoying a Cozumel Party of the the Lido Deck of the ship. We were enjoying the music, cool beverage and watching our fellow shipmates when we decided that cruising is not only a wonderfully relaxing vacation, it was a awesome experience for the entire family. At that particular moment our children were off enjoying a Cozumel Late Night Party for the kids (they didn't get in until after 3am - what a blast.).

Not only did we have a wonderful experience and vacation on the ship, we were lucky enough to visit two beautiful ports of call along the way.

We had talked about taking the children to Hawaii for an upcoming vacation. Guess what, Hawaii is on the back burner. We set sail again in 55 days on our 2nd Carnival ship.

And if Carnival would get on the ball and release their 2006 pricing, we would book our 3rd cruise.

Happy Cruising to all. Have a wonderful time.
Old February 22nd, 2005, 08:40 PM
First Mate

My husband wanted to cruise long before I did. I did not want to get out there on the big blue ocean! Looking at it or flying over it - were ok...but not floating on it! I finally relented in 1997...but only for a four day cruise. It was on the Fantasy. I don't think there was one particular moment that made us cruisers (#11 is coming up)...it was the overall experience. I loved the creative decor. How the ceiling and floors fit in with the room theme. My husband loved all the food. We enjoyed the shows. The ports were a bit disappointing for us and we were greatly frustrated when we disembarked because we hadn't had time to do everything we had wanted to do. So the next year we chose a 7 day cruise to different ports. As they say...the rest is history.
Old February 23rd, 2005, 12:24 AM
Cruise Maniac

I think that it was the friendships we built with people, two single guys get thrown at a table with 6 single good looking women in our age range. It was great from there, we all laughed, ate and told jokes. At night we would head down with people we met throught the day to the piano bar where we would sing at the top of our lungs, alot of us couldn't sing but we loved it anyways, seeing the same people over and over. It was also great to be walking across the boat and someone say " hey last night was fun you going to be there tonight?"
I am headed off again this year with my brother who has been in Iraq for over a year. I hope to get his mind off of the stress he is dealing with and show him how much fun a cruise is. I am also talking to the girlfriend about going on a cruise next year or the year after.

Personal opionion but until you cruise, you can't imagine the fun you can have on a ship in the middle of the ocean until you do it.

As we screamed last year on the last night, " Carnival we love you" it now has become a cheer at the local bar in town, how you ask, I don't know we brought it home with us and it stuck. Victory here we come.
Old April 8th, 2005, 10:35 AM
Passenger

Send a message via MSN to Carnival_CD_AndiKX Send a message via Yahoo to Carnival_CD_AndiKX

thats great everybody.
I love to cruise and my fiance loves it too.
I introduced him to CARNIVAL and gave him a Senation so. Thanks mates.
Old April 8th, 2005, 10:52 AM
Admiral

We took our first cruise in December 2004 after many years of me being afraid of boats. With still fear about the whole idea, we arrived to board the Fantasy. At check in we were informed that we had been upgraded to a Penthouse Suite with a BALCONY. The first time I went on the balcony, I stood in the doorway and just looked out at the view. (very nervous, I might add) By the end of the cruise, I loved the whole idea of cruising and especially loved the balcony. I was up against the rails taking pictures of the spectacular views around me. All my fears disappeared. My DH and I decided cruising is the way to vacation. Now if we can only agree on where to go next!!!!

Old April 9th, 2005, 12:00 AM
CherylR

Like everyone else, every moment is a good one, but I love that moment of getting on the ship and putting my stuff in my cabin and going out on my balcony and relishing the moment that for the next 7 days I will be stress free and having the time of my life that I will never forget. I love to be at sea, and just watching the ship glide through the ocean, watching the wake while sitting outside at the back of the ship eating breakfast the first morning, feeling the breeze and fresh air is indescribable! If I had my wish I would stay on the ship forever!
Old April 9th, 2005, 01:15 AM
Admiral

Sail-away on the Glory - our first cruise. I didn't get sea-sick. That was all I really needed to know - now there's no stopping us lol. TTFN Jennifer
Old April 9th, 2005, 10:44 AM
DENISE H

what i love about cruising is going to the different ports of call
Old April 9th, 2005, 11:19 AM
BillFromNY

Default Re: Re: That special moment.

For me, i knew that the cruise was a great vacation by the second night whn my gf finally gave up the balloon knot. Awesome.
Old April 9th, 2005, 05:45 PM
Passenger

I think the most special moment for me was when I realized I wasn't going to be sea-sick! Cruise #6 coming up in 2 weeks!

donna

Old April 11th, 2005, 08:40 AM
Passenger

I was working for a company that had awarded a seven day cruise on the Sitmar Fairwind some thirty years ago. I was relatively new with the company and not in the competition for the cruise. However, about three or four weeks before the cruise was scheduled, one of the owners of the company came to me and asked if my wife and I would like to take their place on the cruise. They had some personal problems that would prevent them from going. I had no idea what a cruise was all about, but whenI talked to my wife we agreed to give it a try. He told me that due to the firece competition to win the cruises, if anyone asked us why we were there just say we paid for it! That bothered us a bit, because we knew those guys had worked really hard to earn their place. Fortunately, no one asked and those who had "earned" the trip trated us like royalty! We were hooked! We have not been able to afford as many cruises as we would like over the years, but have recently retired and will be taking our ninth in September on the Glory. Probably our last ( money gets tight in your retirement years..hahaha) but we will enjoy this one and the memories of all the other...not a single bad expernce on any of them!
Old April 11th, 2005, 11:11 AM
Admiral

for me it started with that first sight of the Festivale ( going waaay back here folks) the wow! factor
Old April 11th, 2005, 11:52 AM
First Mate

My special moment was when I was on my first Caribbean cruise (NCL Sea) and the first day at sea, it was GORGEOUS weather and I was sunning on the sun deck and the caribbean steel band was playing by the pool. PURE HEAVEN!!!!! I knew then that I was hooked forever!!!

NCL Dream - '08
Carnival Miracle - '07
NCL Dawn - '06
NCL Spirit - '06
Carnival Legend - '05
NCL Dawn - '04
NCL Dawn - '03
NCL Sea - '02
Cunard QE2 - '98
Old April 11th, 2005, 01:02 PM
anniversarycruisin'

I was hooked on cruising on our first cruise (many years ago) on the sail away. Standing on deck adn the ship left port and hearing the theme song from the Love Boat playing (seriously!) and watching people waving at us as we sailed out. It was one of the most exhilerating feelings ever!
Old April 11th, 2005, 08:41 PM
First Mate

When my little sister and I flew to San Juan and Saw the Destiny in the bay. The people at the hotel were so nice and said since we did not have to drive for 7 days they would fix our rum drinks with extra rum. By the time we got to the ship my sister was on cloud nine. Just seeing the sparkle in her eyes Let me know that mine must be just as bright our First cruise and our frist trip togeather. No children with us no phones Tv's or stress. 7 wonderful days at sea . Well number 4 is booked and I would book number 5 as soon as we have the price list. To cruise is to follow your dreams and dream of my next cruise.

Destiny,Rhapsody ,Conquest x2
Old April 12th, 2005, 09:17 PM
Passenger

Send a message via AIM to Mattp

It was last January and my girlfriends mother was planning a special birthday for my girlfriend who was turning 21. after meeting and going over all the possibilities, florida, california, new york, etc. she all of a sudden said how about a cruise. I just shook my head yes. So my best friend and his girlfriend and me and my girlfriend went on our first cruise. It was the best time of my life with some of the people I love the most. We had so much fun and so many memories. We are going on our third cruise together in June! I can't wait!
Old April 13th, 2005, 08:44 AM
Passenger

We've only been on one cruise (last November), but are totally hooked. We loved every minute of it and diligently saving for another one for May 2006.

I have a lot of wonderful memories, but one in particular stands out. It was our last night and we were sitting on our balcony, not wanting to go to bed and have this wonderful vacation end. It was about 2 am on a beautiful, warm, clear night with the last of a full moon shining on the water, and the ship quietly taking us back to Miami. Off in the distance were five cruise ships, lights sparkingly brightly under the full moon. We were a convoy of cruise ships heading back, ending the week. It was both a beautiful and sad time.

Old April 13th, 2005, 11:02 AM
Passenger

My first cruise was my Honeymoon August 1997 on the Destiny. I thought this is the life seating on the deck one night with stawberries and martinis. We met another couple on their honeymoon and had a blast.
Our next cruise is April 23rd with our son. This time it might be stawberries and juice!
Can't wait!

Old April 14th, 2005, 04:40 AM
Admiral

I was hooked before I booked. I dreamed of going to sea for a living from an early age, but circumstances kept me landlocked. I was 15 before I saw Chesapeake Bay, 16 before I saw the Atlantic.

But the hook got set when I took a train-boat--Prinz Willem, I think--from Dover to Ostend while I was in college. There was something about watching the White Cliffs disappear into the wake that was all I ever dreamed it would be. A few weeks later, during that same trip, I took a few overnighters between various Mediterranean ports. But the cruising itch went unscratched for 30 years after those appetizers. And the more my wife and I scratch that itch...

I may dwell on the land, but I live at sea!

Steve

Sensation
Summit

Sensation 2/03 I disembarked, but never really left the ship.
Enchantment 9/03 Just had to go back.
Inspiration 3/04 Just have to go back again, and again, and again...
Sensation 04/05 The vessel made me do it!
Summit 03/06 It's Margaret's fault!