CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums

CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Lines (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/)
-   -   glory update??? (http://www.cruisemates.com/forum/carnival-cruise-lines/202480-glory-update.html)

Lori C March 5th, 2005 11:30 PM

glory update???

Hi Guys,
I haven't received my letter yet, but I was wondering if anyone had any other information about the Glory yet. I know someone was going to get in touch with the coast guard and the BBB of Florida. Has anyone heard anything. I would just love to know if there was a mechanical problem with the ship before we got on it. I did hear that there was, but I know rumors fly when things like this happen.

I know that some people think that the letter stating $150 towards another Carnival Cruise is great, but, I know I am going to sound greedy, I have absolutley no desire to ever cruise with Carnival again, so that doesn't benefit me in any way. Am I the only one that feels this way??? :)

Paul Motter March 6th, 2005 01:55 AM

Re: glory update???

is it because you are mad about the cruise? or is it because you didn't like Carnival? I happen the think they are a good cruise line, especially for the price you pay.

Lori C March 6th, 2005 01:59 AM

Re: Re: glory update???

I didn't like the way that Carnival has handled all of this. I loved our waitstaff and room steward. My daughter had a wonderful time at Camp Carnival and I was happy with them as well. I do not like the way the company, as a whole, has handled everything. I just think that $6000+ for 4 people is far too much to spend for a 3 or 4 day Bahama cruise stretched out over 7 days.

I don't want to discourage other people, carnival may work out very well for them. I just don't feel like they handled everything properly...

nhfamily March 6th, 2005 10:14 AM

Re: Re: Re: glory update???

We agree with you 100%, Lori. I emailed you but didn't get a response.

Lori C March 6th, 2005 10:16 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: glory update???

Did you mail it to cannon_lori@hotmail.com? That should get to me.

Kuki March 6th, 2005 12:27 PM

Author: Lori C (h0011096a0a9d.ne.client2.attbi.com)
Date: 03-05-05 22:30
I know that some people think that the letter stating $150 towards another Carnival Cruise is great, but, I know I am going to sound greedy, I have absolutley no desire to ever cruise with Carnival again, so that doesn't benefit me in any way

That's somewhat unfortunate, because it's highly unlikely, even if Carnival decided to greatly increase the compensation offered, that it would be in any other form than a shipboard credit, or a future cruise discount.

A refund is practically unheard of, so all you'll likely end up with is your frustration.

I've been on quite a number of Carnival cruises.... some better than others. Not all ships are created equal. Maybe with time, once the initial anger passes, you'll reconsider, and research here at CruiseMates, and find a ship to use the compensation you receive.

TC(Top-Cat) March 6th, 2005 03:57 PM

Been lurking and reading. Sounds like this was a misfortune all the way around.

I am sure that Carnival feels that this is rather unfortunate, but sometime things do happen that are not planned.

Just curious... When this sort of thing does happen, what does the cruise line do about the difference in port fees? Would the fee for the Bahama ports be less than those of the Eastern islands it had planned to visit? Just wondered since the port fee is an add on to the cruise.

JD March 6th, 2005 04:24 PM

Hello can some one Please e mail me and let me know what Happend on the Glory and when it happened. I was on it last year in November and all was well can some one Please fill me in JD from NJ

10/2005 ???????
5/2005 Carnival victory
4/2005 Carnival Spirit
12/2004 Imagination
6/2004 Carnival Miracle
11/2003 Sensation
6/2003 Dawn
5/2003 Carnival Legend
6/2002 Sensation
7/2001 Sensation
5/2001 Carnival Destiny
72000 Sensation
4/2000 Carnival Triumph
5/1999 Carnival Destiny
5/1998 Imagination
5/1997 Sensation

CA Cruiser March 6th, 2005 05:02 PM

Look for the thread labeled CARNIVAL by FRUSTRATED with 156 posts. The Glory was one of our favorite cruises.

Ciaran March 6th, 2005 05:30 PM

I am curious about the outcome of this too. A gazillion people have posted "they didn't have to give you anything" or "read your contract, they are allowed to skip ports". But nobody answered my question: if the ship had no propulsion at all and they just towed it out to see and anchored for a week, would that meet the contract definition of a cruise? Everything you guys have posted says "yes". So I wonder, when if ever does a "caribbean cruise" stop being a caribbean cruise?

My personal opinion is Carnival owes thos people more than $100. And if it turns out they knew about the problem before the cruise and kept selling excursions and promoting it, then that is just fraud.

TC(Top-Cat) March 6th, 2005 07:40 PM

I think I read before all the deleting started that the cruise was destined for the Eastern Caribbean, but if fact stayed in the Bahamas because of propulsion problems that slowed the ship.

Some guest were unhappy becuase they had paid for those ports, etc, etc. To my understanding, now the hoop-pa-lah is over how much credit/amount off a future cruise should be issued due to the changes if any.

I haven't read the contract in a while, but I imagine it says that CCL has the right to alter destinations for such occurrances (ship problems, weather, etc.) as deem needed for the situation.

But then again, it may have nothing to do with any of this because stuff was deleted before I got to read very much.

Others may know of more. Fortunately, nothing like this has ever happend to me :)

Lori C March 6th, 2005 09:33 PM

Re: Re: glory update???

Well Kuki,
Maybe you are right. I just feel really frustrated right now. I just don't foresee having that kind of money again to do that. We saved up for quite some time to be able to go on that cruise. Between the original price to book the cruise and what we spent on the ship, we spent thousands of dollars. It took me years to save that up and it will again. We really wanted to go to the Caribbean. It's somewhere I have wanted to go to for years and we didn't make it, and I just don't know when we ever will. The couple hundred dollars they are talking about giving as a credit, barely makes a dent in the total it cost us to book this trip, so I just don't think it would help to book another any time in the near future.

Sorry, I sound like a whiner, just very disappointed. I have always wanted to go on a caribbean cruise and it just didn't live up to my expectations.

Thanks for the positive outlook. Who knows, maybe we will have the opportunity to cruise again someday. You never know. If so, I will research it here.