Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 13th, 2005, 03:04 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa
Default Re: Glory Class Action Suit

AMEN, Kuki!

Old March 13th, 2005, 06:59 AM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Darcy

Lori C

You're right, you should contact the lawyer and ask a lot of questions. The reasons for my previous posts were to alert those of you contacting an attorney what might be charged so you would know what questions to ask. I would also talk to more than one attorney. On your first call you could get the attorney that takes every case that comes his way. Just like any in other field there are good ones and bad ones.

Darcy

Monarch of the Seas 3/06
Carnival Inspiration 8/05
Carnival Miracle 4/05
Carnival Inspiration 4/04
Sovereign of the Seas 4/03
Old March 13th, 2005, 07:16 AM
Admiral

Default Re: Re: Glory Class Action Suit

Bottom line: This is not your board.You are vsiting and using it and the owners have a right to do whatever they want to do.Don't like it take your business somewhere else. Do I always agree with everything here? No but it's not my board!

As for the Glory and getting an attorney involved... the only person making $$$$ will be the lawyer. Things happen..move on. My cruise last September was a nightmare too. They offered me a discount for a future cruise. Does this mean I will go to court? No, I will book another cruise and hope it will be better. Funny thing is I will be on the Glory..I will be sipping coffee on my balcony and think of you while I am looking at the ocean <>

***edited by moderator***

Old March 13th, 2005, 11:59 AM
Pat & Sheryl Cunnings

Could someone please email me directly at spcunnings@peoplepc.com with the attorneys name that is handling this class-action suit.

Thank you
Pat & Sheryl Cunnings
Old March 13th, 2005, 02:22 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to Laurie M

Honestly people....if you don't like the way these boards are run...go elsewhere. It is not your right to post whatever you want. If the monitors feel you are violating the TOS rules, it is their job to edit (or delete) it.

I can tell you if you whined and complained like this on some other message boards, they wouldn't only edit your post, they would delete it entirely. With no explaination.

Let's be grown ups and have respect for the rules and those that have to enforce the rules.

PAST CRUISES
83/Azure Seas; 84/Song of America; 88/Stardancer; 92/Jubilee; 96/Viking Serenade; 97/Holiday; 99/Enchantment OT Seas; 00/Elation; 01,02,02,03/Ecstasy; 02/Voyager OT Seas; 03/Victory; 04/Adventure OT Seas; 05/Sapphire Princess 05,05,05,06,07/Monarch OT Seas; 06,07,08,08/Paradise; 06/Freedom OT Seas; 07 Pride; 07 Pearl; 08/Valor; 08/Serenade OT Seas; 08/Coral Princess
Old March 13th, 2005, 03:57 PM
Familiar Face

Bottom line it that this is CruiseMates sandbox.

They make the rules and enforce them as they want.

Any of us may go build our own sandbox and make our own rules.

What amazes me is that some of you are so sure this is some sort of conspiracy but you still post here and try to argue with those that OWN this site.
If you are determained to drag this on I would go start a site for those that are interested in the continued battle for more $$ from Carnival.

At no other free message board I know of would the owner post responces explaining what happened. Most would just delete the posts and let it go at that.
Any further violation would get you TOS'ed from the board.
I think that they are being more than fair here.

"most who are doing the complaining about this chose to post anonymously, without even identifying themselves with an e mail address, or registering to be a member of the CruiseMates site."

Maybe in the future requiring that people register here with a valid email address would be a good thing.
Old March 13th, 2005, 04:13 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki

Author: Secret Cruiser (user-2injrde.dialup.mindspring.com)
Date: 03-13-05 13:40

Honestly Laurie all people want is for the name of the lawyer in Connecticut to be known. That information is not a violation of the TOS

Obviously you're wrong, because we HAVE determined that posting that information is a violation of our TOS. And we're the ones who have the right to make that determination.

As I posted earlier... and some chose to ignore.

If someone wants to pass on that information it CAN be done via e-mail. However most of those who keep insisting it's important to get the information out to those affected want to hide in the anonymous shadows, and not actually get involved with their fellow cruisers one on one with real contact.

I've seen only one person posting saying... I have that information, e mail me if you want it. Kudos to them!

Old March 13th, 2005, 04:22 PM
Secret Cruiser

Kuki, another staff member said it was a violation of TOS due to "advertising" and because a business could "make money" off the information. Another poster noted that CruiseMates encourages postings of specific hotels and that you personally have promoted Priceline, all who "make money". That post was quickly deleted.

Of course you have the right, all we want is an explanation. Are you tied to Carnival? Why do you delete anything negative to Carnival?
Old March 13th, 2005, 04:46 PM
Admiral

Secret.. if you scroll up, you'll see I not only answered that poster, but quoted that post in mine, and it still remains.

Why do you delete anything negative to Carnival?

Highly recommend you go back and READ the message boards. There are LOTS of posts still on our message boards with negative things to say about Carnival.... some of my own included!!

You should look around before making accusations about the integrity of the web site and its'staff! In fact posts making those accusations could be deleted if we followed the TOS agreement to the nth.

It's when the posts attack people, or are of a soley inflammatory nature, they are deleted or edited.

I suggest you or any of the people on "this" Glory cruise, go and post these sorts of arguements on ANY other major Internet Cruise web sites, and see how long ANY of the posts are allowed to remain.
Entire threads will disappear before you get a chance to read them!

Old March 13th, 2005, 05:38 PM
Secret Cruiser

Good, and here is the post in question, not inflammatory or in any way in violation fo the TOS:

"advertising and soliciting is not allowed on the boards" eh?

What about all the posts on the Hotel and Chitchat boards saying "stay at MARRIOTT MARINA!!!!" There are hundreds advertising and soliciting for various hotels ... as you encourage.

What about all the posts (including Kuki) touting PRICELINE?

Be honest: Naming a specfic lawyer suing Carnival in a class action is not allowed, but advertising and soliciting is encouraged if it is politically correct. Why I don't know, but I can guess.
Old March 13th, 2005, 05:42 PM
Admiral

Secret...

As I said.. SCROLL UP. You'll find that post quoted in my response.. AND the questions it raised answered!

Old March 13th, 2005, 05:51 PM
Secret Cruiser

I scrolled. If there is no conspiracy to protect a cruise line, then post the name of the lawyer handling a class action lawsuit against Carnival Cruise Lines.

That is information valuable to CruiseMates, no more and no less.
Old March 13th, 2005, 05:58 PM
mkitchy

LIghten up secret cruiser. Life's too short.
Old March 13th, 2005, 06:09 PM
Admiral

Author: Secret Cruiser (user-2injr4g.dialup.mindspring.com)
Date: 03-13-05 16:51
I scrolled. If there is no conspiracy to protect a cruise line, then post the name of the lawyer handling a class action lawsuit against Carnival Cruise Lines.
That is information valuable to CruiseMates, no more and no less.

Once again you can't seem to understand that you don't have a say in how we run the site!!!!

The reason it wasn't allowed to stand was answered in the post!

You don't like it... that's unfortunate. Continually demanding you have the right to determine whats posted here is getting to be a bit of a joke.

Old March 13th, 2005, 06:12 PM
Ciaran

mkitchy don't diss our troops dood. Some of us might actually have to fight, even if you don't.
Old March 13th, 2005, 06:24 PM
Dale A.

Lori, so you were able to get off. How did you ever get to the purser?That place was a madhouse. When our group leader asked about using the guarentee we were told
"there are 3000 people on this ship and we cannot get you all airflights." When asked why a few people were able to use it, they totally ignored her and others that asked that question. They downright refused to answer.
When a local TV station asked why all passengers were not given this option
Carnival spokeswomen said the one that got off were spcial circumstances. When pressed as to what special circumstances, she said to the reporter, I will have to get back to you and guess what. She never did.
I will tell you one, because of the report being on a local station here, I know of at least two people who have decided against cruising on Carnival. I am sure there are more.
I cruised with Carnival before this, but been a couple years,the changes are unreal.
I will Cruise again, but guess who it will not be with.
Old March 13th, 2005, 06:35 PM
mkitchy

Move along, move along.
Old March 13th, 2005, 08:34 PM
Admiral

Dale
You might not cruise with Carnival again but remember...Carnival owns Princess, Holland, Cunard, Windstar, Yachts of Seabourn and Costa Cruises. That still leaves you a couple other cruise lines but I will tell you NCL was much worse.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old March 13th, 2005, 09:23 PM
wes

email me the lawyer info:
flhealth@yahoo.com

***edited to remove accusatory nonsense***
Old March 13th, 2005, 09:30 PM
Cruise Maniac

I do agree there is alot of 'advertising' here. I think you have to pay attention as to who is advertising for excursions on the islands an who actually did the excursions. Who has actually stayed at so n so motel. Yes, this NONadvertising has given me some options I didn't know I have lol The dude that is so concerned with helping others by posting the lawyers name, give out your email addy so the people needing help can contact you What I find amusing is the GRIPE board seems to be the most used. Sometimes I can't get a decent answer to a question but post a gripe, you get 100 responses ) I do enjoy this board & read it about every day but..... alot of it, you let go in one eye an out the other
Old March 13th, 2005, 09:40 PM
Admiral

Kuki and Jim, I am amazed at how tolerant you both are to allow these posters to continue to violate the TOS and trash the boards.

Hats off to you for your tolerance, but I suspect most of us will be happy when the screaming minority of these Glory cruisers are gone.

It's YOUR boards and the large majority of us are quite happy with how you run them.

dorothy

CarnivalSensation February 2015
Carnival Dream November 2015

Carnival Fascination April 2014
Carnival Elation March 2011
Carnival Imagination Sept 2007
Carnival Sensation Dec 2006
RCI Sovereign of the Seas Sept 2006
Carnival Miracle Sept 2005
Carnival Glory Sept 2004
Carnival Fantasy Jan 2004
Old March 14th, 2005, 01:10 AM
Admiral

Location: Wisconsin....about 100 miles south of the Frozen Tundra and 70 miles east of Camp Randall
Send a message via AIM to Lisa Send a message via Yahoo to Lisa

Maybe it is time to bar some of the posters in this thread who continually feel the need to argue with the owners of this website as to how it is run. Kuki, Jim, et al have been WAY more tolerant than any other major internet cruising website. If you don't like the rules here, please leave and go somewhere else. In fact, why not start a group at a web based internet site that YOU can control to your hearts content and stop using valuable bandwith arguing semantics. And, by the way, why not show some guts and register.....maybe some people will take you more seriously if you actually care to share your information. Until then, zip it or move on.

Old March 14th, 2005, 01:13 AM
Admiral

Author: Kuki (S0106000f66534921.cg.shawcable.net)
Date: 03-13-05 23:18

You know it's funny how all these people have never posted to this website before, show up AFTER their cruise to vent.

Then, when a few people don't coddle them with apologies for Carnival's actions, do nothing but complain about the site, and how it's operated, and tell us which posts are TOS violations, and which are not. And continue to come up with conspiracy theories, hidden agendas, and any other nonsense they can think of.

Perhaps if they had spent some time on the site researching thier vacations, or even reading the brochures the cruise lines provide, BEFORE they booked, they would have been better prepared to deal with things when they went wrong.

We do have EVERY RIGHT to request that people no longer post on this web site. And if you aren't prepared to simply post on topic about your cruise... WITHOUT all the snide remarks, and innuendo.... ALL of your posts will be deleted.

Simple... END of story!

With all the talk about lawyers and courts, you should be aware there are also courts for slander and libel.... and just because you don't post your e-mail addresses your ISPs are easily tracked.

Old March 14th, 2005, 06:44 AM
Familiar Face

Being a fairly new poster to this site I have to agree with Lisa, completely!

Kuki, Jim, et al have been WAY more tolerant than any other major internet cruising website and it is time to end it. Because you are being accused with conspiracy theories anyway it's just as well you ban a few of these unregistered posters with their obvious hidden agendas.
Not only did they not read the cruise lines rules they continue to ignore this sites own TOS and flaunt it in everyones faces.
They demand respect but offer none in return.

Not the best way to gets any positive results....................

Again, hats off to this website and it's tolerence of this subject but enough is enough.
Old March 14th, 2005, 07:49 AM
Dale A.

Author: CA Cruiser
Date: 03-13-05 19:34

Dale
You might not cruise with Carnival again but remember...Carnival owns Princess, Holland, Cunard, Windstar, Yachts of Seabourn and Costa Cruises. That still leaves you a couple other cruise lines but I will tell you NCL was much worse.

This then is the reason Carnival can chose to treat passengers anyway they want that they are disposable and they don't care.
Obviously you were not on this Cruise. As I said before, I have cruised before and anyone on this trip, from the posts I have seen here and on other boards are not exaggerating about this sailing. Somehow people seem to be saying we are be over dramatic, to say the least. One post from a NH cruiser said it all iin 6 points.
I do believe the Captain well knew when we got in Nassau we had a problem. He knew when we docked bow first in Nassau. The crew knew there were problems when we left Carnavarel. All of us experienced cruisers knew by some of the odd sounds.
There was a women threatened with arrest because she was getting up a petition.Calls to her room were cut and intercepted by the pursers desk.
We did get stuck on sandbar, I was in the main diining room when this transpired.A restart on the engines, did knock things off walls, and some of us making sure we knew exactly who we had to grab, along with our life jackets. I know there were some points the engine that was left, was not even on. The last night we were rocking like a baby's cradle and there were no sounds of the engines.
To be nice and say we had the wool pulled over our eyes, that is to put it mildly,
There are only approximately 3400 people that can judge this cruise, and approxmimately a few dozen to 50(Carnival won't be explicit) were allowed to use their so called guarentee. But they put out a press release to say we all had that option.
I guess those that got off were not treated any better than those of us that were not allowed to get off.
Believe me the posts are not winers.
Well, since Carnival seems to own everything now, it is time for me to check out all inclusvie's and other land tours. There is a lot to see in the USA and other countries.
I do not need to pay good money for bad treatment. Always wanted to do the Delta Queen cruise, maybe it is time to look into that. Spend the money in the USA
Old March 14th, 2005, 09:20 AM
First Mate

I'll sign up. Sounds good to me.

Carnival Destiny 3-9-97
Carnival Sensation 3-14-98
Carnival Imagination 3-13-99
Carnival Spirit 3-8-03
Carnival Valor 3-20-05
Carnival Fantasy 9-1-05
Carnival Liberty 1-7-06
Carnival Legend 8-16-06
Carnival Miracle 5-16-09
Carnival Splendor 5-17-13

Carnival Sunshine
Old March 14th, 2005, 11:15 AM
Admiral

Author: Familycruiser (216.47.187.21)
Date: 03-14-05 07:07

All of this could have been avoided if people who were not on the cruise kept their opinions and nasty remarks to themselves

I absolutely agree that "nasty remarks" by ANYONE are uncalled for! Opinions however are what these boards are here for.

And just because someone's opinion doesn't agree with another's position does not make it acceptable to be rude and attack them.

I've read these threads from top to bottom, and it was a "few" of the people who were on this cruise who began to "swing wildly" at anyone who disagreed with them, and even at those who did agree the compensation wasn't adequate. Then they were "schocked" at the rude reactions they received.

All the innuendos and accusations about the site were/are ridiculous! Give it some thought. If ANY of it were true, do you really think ANY of these threads would still be on the message board????

All of the threads relating to the Glory cruise would simply have been GONE!

Think about it!!!

Old March 14th, 2005, 12:04 PM
First Mate

Once again Kuki and Jim, you have my admiration and sympathy.
Old March 14th, 2005, 12:36 PM
Admiral

Thank you to those with the kind remarks. We try to have big shoulders and allow people to post things that are not in the best interest overall but we refrain from deleting many that should be because we are very much aware of peoples freedom and right to express themselves. We also have the responsibility to keeping certain remarks off our website to make it a decent and safe place to visit and post. In our tendency to be very lenient we have allowed too many posts on here to remain and I take responsibilty for that. The notice is now being given that we will adhere strictly to the TOS from now on concerning this subject and posts that attack us or others will no longer be allowed, period.
Jim

Old March 14th, 2005, 12:56 PM
Admiral

Thank you, thank you, thank you. Keep up the good work, your efforts are appreciated.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302