Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 15th, 2005, 11:06 AM
Passenger

Default Early flight on return?

We just booked the Carnival Libery for 2/4/06 and would like to take a return flight that leaves Fort Lauderdale at 12:45. The next flight leaves at 5:10. Will Carnival give an early departure after customs? We were planning on booking our own transportation, so as not to have to wait for a full bus.
Sponsored Links
Old March 15th, 2005, 12:15 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Early flight on return?

You will have no problem making a 12:45 pm flight out of FLL. Everything is so close. But do be sure to fill out the questionaire a couple night before or go to the Purser's Desk and let them know and get the correct, early debarkation luggage tags. We are going on the Liberty 11/26/05, so I can let you know more then if I remember.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old March 15th, 2005, 12:47 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Early flight on return?

Thanks for the information, we want to book airfare this weekend.. TA said Carnival won't sell transfers in advance for flights before 1:00, but we could buy them on the boat., which did not make a lot of sense. I was afraid they would just say, we were SOL when we asked for an early dembarkation. I've only been on one other cruise and didn't really remember anyone being real helpful at the end of the cruise.
Old March 15th, 2005, 02:28 PM
Admiral

Default Re: Early flight on return?

I think a cab is only about $10 and as you said, you won't have to wait for the bus to get full.

We have looked at airfares but haven't booked yet because they are too high this far out. According to our TA, we should wait till the end summer BUT if we see something good we should grab it. Last year I was able to get RT for $170 from LAX to Orlando. Unfortunely, we are flying out Thanksgiving weekend so I think we will look into a redeye Thanksgiving night. JetBlue won't give us prices this far out yet. I would like to try them once.

#36-Carnival Splendor 9/16/12
7 night Mexican Riviera
Retirement Celebration

#37-Allure of the Seas 11/11/12
7 night Eastern Caribbean

#38-Celebrity Solstice 4/8/13
17 night Tahiti -- Sydney-Honolulu
40th Anniversary Celebration

270 days at see; soon to be 302
Old March 15th, 2005, 02:40 PM
Passenger

Default Re: Re: Early flight on return?

That sounds like really good prices. We're in Ohio and the best we can usually do here is Airtran or Delta, I've found non-stop on Delta for 216.90 R/T, Feb in Ohio can be a problem with weather so we figured the less connections the better.