Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 15th, 2005, 05:32 PM
First Mate

Send a message via AIM to DPMinc
Default Not in Ecstasy...!

***********Copyrighted material deleted as it is UNLAWFUL to publish copyrighted material without the authors permission>>>>>You could get into troble and we could get into trouble knowingly publishing it***************

Paul

Norwegian Dream, Sun, Spirit
Royal Caribbean Grandeur/Sea
Sponsored Links
Old March 15th, 2005, 06:07 PM
Admiral

Send a message via AIM to Kuki
Default Re: Not in Ecstasy...!

I can't imagine ANYONE would have been happy if they were told the ship wasn't sailing.... Here's your money back.

At the same time...NO ONE would really be happy to be in the position of those who were on this cruise, or on the Glory for its incident.

I do think that when these "bite you in the rear" incidents do occur people should realize they are often fluid situations (with the ship communicating with head office and techs, and back and forth), and the end results and final compensations aren't really settled for some time.

Old March 15th, 2005, 06:52 PM
Phil & Liz

Here it comes !

We are regular visitors to this forum. We were aware of the ships woes on the previous trip. We would give it some thought, whether to cancel or go. Either would be OK with me. Even if we did go and do not port, we would still make the best of it.

We are going on the May 2 sailing of Ecstasy. I have no qualms about it. Don't worry be happy.

Phil & Liz

10/24/2004 Elation

4/24/2003 Jubilee
Old March 15th, 2005, 10:13 PM
Wes

Here is another example of Carnival claiming it communicated with its passengers when it obviosly didn;t...do you hear the drum beating louder???... it seems Ms Dela cRuz has problems keeping her facts straight....
Old March 15th, 2005, 11:07 PM
Admiral

It would have been proper to post your own material or portions of this apparent news article giving credit to the person that wrote it. I do not know where or what this post was copied from but it is possibly a copyright violation. If I was sure it would be deleted as that is illegal. What I highly suggest you do is go back and edit this to include only snippits of the article and provide credit for it to the proper person or simply post a link to the article and not copy it here. I am sure you did not do this with the intent of doing anything that may be illegal and I am not positive that it is not your own work but it is suspicious and I hope you do the right thing if it is copied from elsewhere. Thank you.
Jim

Old March 16th, 2005, 09:13 AM
tkarfs

Here is the article in it's entirety. I enjoy cruising Carnival and was on the Ecstacy in February. I will cruise Carnival again, but I personally feel they should have given people a 50% discount on the cruise as well as 50% off a future cruise, I think that would have been a lot cheaper for Carnival than "paying" for all the bad publicity their getting over this and the Glory!

Many felt tricked into staying on ship; cruise line says offers were fair (Houston
Chronicle) By Ron Nissimov, Houston Chronicle

Knight Ridder/Tribune Business News

*****Officialy copyrighted material deleted....it is unlawful to post copyrighted material in it's entirety*****go to the website that carries this article if you wish to read it.....Se the below warning concerning publishing or distrubution of copyritherd materail****

---

--

To see more of the Houston Chronicle, or to subscribe to the newspaper, go to http://www.HoustonChronicle.com

Copyright (c) 2005, Houston Chronicle

Distributed by Knight Ridder/Tribune Business News. For information on republishing this content, contact us at (800) 661-2511 (U.S.), (213) 237-4914 (worldwide), fax (213) 237-6515, or e-mail reprints@krtinfo.com.
Old March 16th, 2005, 09:17 AM
tkarfs

Here's the link as well.............

http://www.hotel-online.com/News/200...110824025.html
Old March 16th, 2005, 10:12 AM
reverendjeff

It sickens me to think of a mob protesting on a cruise ship. I am sure that I would be angry if I was on board and believed I was lied to, but a protest? You are on a cruise! You have the resources to get on a ship and travel. What if you had made it to Cozumel, would you see a mob there protesting because they live in squalor while the ship in thier harbor is living in luxury? The other thing is that I am seeing a trend toward bashing Carnival and bashing those who moderate this site. Relax people! This is a site for people who want to discuss cruises, not politics or other topics that tend to get blood boiling. The site has rules, we can observe them or we can choose to post elsewhere. I am grateful for the fact that I can take an occassional cruise. I am also grateful for having this site to learn from and to get a good laugh.
Old March 16th, 2005, 12:46 PM
chilled in NE

Thankyou TKarfs so much for the article. Sounds similar to the Glory in terms of the claims and reteric from CCL. I'm sure someone will point out the differences also. We were offered $100 of our sail and sign account and a $150 credit on a future cruise. Won't be doing anything with CCL again unless they do better.

Don't give up.