Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old March 23rd, 2005, 12:17 PM
Captain

Default Advice for cabin with child in wheelchair

We are travelling in November on the Carnival Valor. Many of our friends and family will be joining us. My dear friends want to book a handicapped room for themselves and our thirteen year old godson as well as another child. Have any of you ever heard tell of a quad room that is handicap accessible. He can manage to get around in small amounts on a walker but is mostly dependant on his chair. Do any of you have some practical advice for me?
Sponsored Links
Old March 23rd, 2005, 12:37 PM
booboo4031

Default Re: Advice for cabin with child in wheelchair

They do have handicapped accessible rooms... but I believe that I do remember reading that there is still a small step up to get into the bathroom. Carnival should be able to tell you which ones they consider accessible, but because the ships are foreign registry they are not required to meet us ADA requirements.

Old March 23rd, 2005, 01:10 PM
Yeoman

Default Re: Advice for cabin with child in wheelchair

Some of the Handicapped rooms have adjoining cabins so maybe you could request this. Request your handicapped room early to be sure you get it. Also, be prepared to send in a letter of neccessity from your doctor. I have been asked for this in the past. You definately want to get one of these rooms for the wheel chair to manuever in. It will make for a much better experience for all of you! Just call Carnival's special needs department or have your travel agent do it for you.