Go Back   CruiseMates Cruise Community and Forums > Cruise Lines (Mainstream) > Carnival Cruise Lines
Register Forgot Password?

LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old April 4th, 2005, 06:10 AM
Cat

Default shore excursions/Eastern Carib.

Will be on the Glory Oct. 29th thru Nov. 5th, any suggestions for shore excursions that we just should not miss? This board is great, I am learning so much here. I find a great post and put it in my cruise folder. By October, I will need another suitcase for my "cruise folder."
Thx in advance all.
Cat
Sponsored Links
Old April 4th, 2005, 08:11 AM
Cruise Maniac

Default Re: shore excursions/Eastern Carib.

In St. Thomas make sure and go to Paradise Point. The view is spectacular!!! Take your camera and binoculars. You can go to paradisepointtramway.com and see what I mean and print out their drink coupon you'll find there.
Old April 4th, 2005, 08:48 AM
Admiral

Cat - what are your ports of call? This will help in making specific suggestions.
Old April 4th, 2005, 08:57 AM
CherylR

Depending on what you like to do, we have done both the Atlantis Hotel tour and the shore excursion to Blue Lagoon, which is beautiful. They have a nice beach, food and drinks available, hammocks on every tree and has tons of shady areas and sunny parts for sunbathing. (and we always save time to visit Senior Frogs Bar/Restaurant...last time they had a big conga line going with music and were pouring free shots down our throat as we passed by each employee with a bottle! Ultimately we staggered back to the ship...my Mom included!) In St. Thomas, we have done Magens Bay, but it can get crowded, a shore tour to St. John which I would do again in a heartbeat...the most gorgeous beach I have ever seen, and have made time to take a 5 minute taxi ride to all the shops in town. The tram to Paradise Point gives you a great view of the island and water but was pricey for a ticket last time we went. Hope that helps! Have fun! We are counting the days to our cruise on the Valor May 1!!!! Getting packed already.
Old April 4th, 2005, 01:17 PM
Cat

Thx Phoebes, I will make sure I check that out.
Our ports of call are Naussau, St. thomas/St. John, and St. Martin. Plus I have a 15 year old daughter who is hoping she won't be bored out of her mind, I keep telling her "what kid do you know that gets to spend their 16th birthday in the Carribean!!!!!" Anything you thiink she would like, would like to get her a nice piece of jewerly to commemorate her birthday/cruise vacation, so any suggestions there?

Thx again everyone.
Really appreciate it.
Cat
Old April 5th, 2005, 05:51 AM
Familiar Face

St Maarten...........The Americas Cup Regatta!

(never heard a bad review)
Old April 5th, 2005, 09:08 AM
Passenger

Make sure you visit the little meeting that the ship has for excursions. It was very helpful in determining which excursions are right for you. The cruise director and assistants have taken all of the excursions and were very knowledgeable about them.
My personal advice is to stay with the ships excursions.Do not rent a moped or jetki on your own!!!
Old April 5th, 2005, 02:58 PM
Cruise Maniac

May want to read my post (Glory Review 3/19) posted on 3/26. We did the same itinerary. Keep in mind that the 5.5 hours for a shore excursion includes all travel time and even then may only be 4.5 hours. This means that you may be at the Blue Lagoon for 2 hours (as we were) when the trip is listed as a 5 hour excusion.